The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Europe

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Maximus » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:17 pm

By the sounds of it, you wont be celebrating, you will be crying.

What kind of Cypriot wants to give Cyprus's EEZ and natural resources to Turkey?

What kind of law abiding citizen of the world thinks Turkish comic books are facts....

Your breath sticks, go brush your teeth will ya!
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7549
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Kikapu » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:42 pm

Everything can be negotiated if countries are willing to do so, depending what one would gain from the other by giving something to each other, so yes, if Greece wanted, they could on some islands close to Turkey can just claim 12 nm as territorial waters and claim EEZ on the others, just to give Turkey more sea area and to be “neighbourly”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if these discussions do take place between Greece and Turkey. The question is, what does Greece want back in return? Perhaps for Turkey to withdraw from Cyprus would be my best guess, but I don’t see any deals coming to fruition.

France and UK have some understanding to the best of my knowledge over the Guernsey & Jersey islands.

https://www.charalampos.org/1150/guerns ... omic-zones

F87C10A3-B413-46FA-A850-5E7689F7091B.png


C57A37E6-50B2-46FE-B1C1-E2F39DE1871D.png
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18031
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Lordo » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:22 pm

Kikapu wrote:Everything can be negotiated if countries are willing to do so, depending what one would gain from the other by giving something to each other, so yes, if Greece wanted, they could on some islands close to Turkey can just claim 12 nm as territorial waters and claim EEZ on the others, just to give Turkey more sea area and to be “neighbourly”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if these discussions do take place between Greece and Turkey. The question is, what does Greece want back in return? Perhaps for Turkey to withdraw from Cyprus would be my best guess, but I don’t see any deals coming to fruition.

France and UK have some understanding to the best of my knowledge over the Guernsey & Jersey islands.

https://www.charalampos.org/1150/guerns ... omic-zones

F87C10A3-B413-46FA-A850-5E7689F7091B.png


C57A37E6-50B2-46FE-B1C1-E2F39DE1871D.png

And there is the problem, why are you allowing Greece to do anything with Cyprus, they can fuck off. The RoC on the other hand is welcomed to do a deal and ask for both the Army and the guarantees to be removed and I for one will support that
Last edited by Lordo on Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21874
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Kikapu » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:34 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Everything can be negotiated if countries are willing to do so, depending what one would gain from the other by giving something to each other, so yes, if Greece wanted, they could on some islands close to Turkey can just claim 12 nm as territorial waters and claim EEZ on the others, just to give Turkey more sea area and to be “neighbourly”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if these discussions do take place between Greece and Turkey. The question is, what does Greece want back in return? Perhaps for Turkey to withdraw from Cyprus would be my best guess, but I don’t see any deals coming to fruition.

France and UK have some understanding to the best of my knowledge over the Guernsey & Jersey islands.

https://www.charalampos.org/1150/guerns ... omic-zones

F87C10A3-B413-46FA-A850-5E7689F7091B.png


C57A37E6-50B2-46FE-B1C1-E2F39DE1871D.png

And there is the problem, why are you allowing Greece to do anythiong with Cyprus, they can fuck off. The RoC on the other hand is welcomed to do a deal and ask for both the Army and the guarantees to be removed and I for one will support that


Well for one, Greece too is a Guarantor Power to Cyprus and secondly, I don’t think Turkey has anything else which they can offer to Greece, except for Constantinople perhaps, for them to give Turkey more sea area legally. :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18031
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Lordo » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:03 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Everything can be negotiated if countries are willing to do so, depending what one would gain from the other by giving something to each other, so yes, if Greece wanted, they could on some islands close to Turkey can just claim 12 nm as territorial waters and claim EEZ on the others, just to give Turkey more sea area and to be “neighbourly”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if these discussions do take place between Greece and Turkey. The question is, what does Greece want back in return? Perhaps for Turkey to withdraw from Cyprus would be my best guess, but I don’t see any deals coming to fruition.

France and UK have some understanding to the best of my knowledge over the Guernsey & Jersey islands.

https://www.charalampos.org/1150/guerns ... omic-zones

F87C10A3-B413-46FA-A850-5E7689F7091B.png


C57A37E6-50B2-46FE-B1C1-E2F39DE1871D.png

And there is the problem, why are you allowing Greece to do anythiong with Cyprus, they can fuck off. The RoC on the other hand is welcomed to do a deal and ask for both the Army and the guarantees to be removed and I for one will support that


Well for one, Greece too is a Guarantor Power to Cyprus and secondly, I don’t think Turkey has anything else which they can offer to Greece, except for Constantinople perhaps, for them to give Turkey more sea area legally. :wink:

We are not talking about something that legally belongs to Greece like one of the islands er asre talking about something which has not been signed by Turkey so they cannot actually extract any resources without an agreement. May I propose that 50 of the sea is given to Turkey and Turkey from that point on is friends with greece. A small price to pay for friendship. Trust me not having Turkey as an enemy is very valuable.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21874
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Maximus » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:10 pm

If you are not talking about the islands then whatever is between them and the mainland is withing Greece's sovereign territory.

from those island, Greece can legally extend out up to the halfway point in the sea between neighboring states.

May I propose Turkey just accept it and be friends with her neighbors.

Trust me, Turkey is acting like a thieving pariah and no one wants friends like that.

Doing the right thing and respecting your neighbors property rights and boundaries is the best thing to do to win friendships.

What many have been saying all along, no problem with Turkey being invited to share in the joint exploration or related projects but she comes to tender, not steal.

That involves many other preconditions that must be in place first for that to happen but Turkey didnt take that path.

She took the illegitimate one, and thats naturally going to put her neighbors backs up and create resistance..

Now go brush your teeth, your breath stinks like number 15.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7549
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Lordo » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:17 pm

Maximus wrote:If you are not talking about the islands then whatever is between them and the mainland is withing Greece's sovereign territory.

from those island, Greece can legally extend out up to the halfway point in the sea between neighboring states.

May I propose Turkey just accept it and be friends with her neighbors.

Trust me, Turkey is acting like a thieving pariah and no one wants friends like that.

Doing the right thing and respecting your neighbors property rights and boundaries is the best thing to do to win friendships.

Do I understand this correct that what you are sayingis, you are offering Turkey half way point between the island and Turkey? Because if you are that does not need to be offered, that she can claim, but if you are offering half way between the two mainlands and then each island to be entitled to an agreed amount that is possible and I have no doubt she would accept that.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21874
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Maximus » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:30 pm

The halfway line between Turkey and the Islands is what Turkey can claim in the Aaegen. In the eastern med, it is halfway from the north of Cyprus.

You are actually starting to think, negotiate and sound like some two-bit Mussolini or Hitler. Basically, you are Erdo reincarnated on the forum and he is like the latter.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7549
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Kikapu » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:34 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Everything can be negotiated if countries are willing to do so, depending what one would gain from the other by giving something to each other, so yes, if Greece wanted, they could on some islands close to Turkey can just claim 12 nm as territorial waters and claim EEZ on the others, just to give Turkey more sea area and to be “neighbourly”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if these discussions do take place between Greece and Turkey. The question is, what does Greece want back in return? Perhaps for Turkey to withdraw from Cyprus would be my best guess, but I don’t see any deals coming to fruition.

France and UK have some understanding to the best of my knowledge over the Guernsey & Jersey islands.

https://www.charalampos.org/1150/guerns ... omic-zones

F87C10A3-B413-46FA-A850-5E7689F7091B.png


C57A37E6-50B2-46FE-B1C1-E2F39DE1871D.png

And there is the problem, why are you allowing Greece to do anythiong with Cyprus, they can fuck off. The RoC on the other hand is welcomed to do a deal and ask for both the Army and the guarantees to be removed and I for one will support that


Well for one, Greece too is a Guarantor Power to Cyprus and secondly, I don’t think Turkey has anything else which they can offer to Greece, except for Constantinople perhaps, for them to give Turkey more sea area legally. :wink:

We are not talking about something that legally belongs to Greece like one of the islands er asre talking about something which has not been signed by Turkey so they cannot actually extract any resources without an agreement. May I propose that 50 of the sea is given to Turkey and Turkey from that point on is friends with greece. A small price to pay for friendship. Trust me not having Turkey as an enemy is very valuable.


I don’t think Greece is that desperate to make friends with Turkey by trying to buy them off in the form of giving up 50% on their EEZ. Turkey does not need to be signatory to UNCLOS for Greece to agree with other countries maritime border, which are mainly Cyprus, Italy and Egypt at the moment since Libya’s temporary government allowed itself to be blackmailed by Turkey to make an illegal maritime border agreement with, which no one else recognizes, including the Libyan parliament which did not ratify the illegal agreement. At the moment it seems it is Turkey who is knocking on everyone’s doors begging them to be friends with. I wonder at what cost. No doubt Turkey is doing a lot of bending over at the moment to them, and now she is stuck between NATO, EU, USA, Russia and Ukraine ! :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18031
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Erdogan says Turkey, Israel can jointly bring gas to Eur

Postby Maximus » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:45 pm

Turkey is a hypocrite, Erdo disagrees with what Putin is doing in Ukraine but he is doing the same thing in Cyprus, Syria, Libya and commits daily incursions in the Greece's airspace. Even challenging the sovereignty of those islands, that legally belong to Greece.

If this shit really kicks off with Ukraine, but despite that, I think Turkey has to close the bosphorus straights to military vessels due to her obligations with the Montreux agreement and conventions.

If she fails to do that to the letter, and lets some NATO ships in to support Ukraine, the Russians are going to be in Constantinople next.

She can forget about her "share" of the sea.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7549
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests