The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Patriotism or Fascism

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:35 am

Lordo wrote:So back to the subject matter, what do you call a person who cannot tell the difference between criticizing the party in government and the population?

Patriot or a Fascist?

Swine perhaps?

An idiot .......... who is incapable of seeing the difference between individuals and the collective brainwashing of sections of the population.
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Maximus » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:11 pm

Lordo wrote:When does patriotism end and where does fascism begin. More importantly when does a patriot become a fascist?
For instance were the Nazis patriots?

If a person is seeing a criticism of an individual party policy as an attack on ones country, what does that make this person?

Would it have been wrong to call Germany Naziland during the time the Nazis were in power? Equally is it wrong to call a country Swineland when Swine have been in power for 13 years?

Wakey-wakey.


This is a leading question because you have attributed fascism and patriotism to the right side of the political spectrum. You have also tried to equate the German Nazis with the UK conservative party. Both are incorrect. The latter needs no further explanations because you are ridiculous and wrong to call the UK swineland because the UK conservative party is nothing like what the German Nazis were. But for the former, fascism and patriotism manifests itself in many forms and on both sides of the political spectrum.

So I will give you a very considered and measured answer to your question, which is;

Beyond two standard deviations from the mean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Maximus » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:37 pm

Lordo wrote:
What about those individuals who are mistaking a genuine criticism of the policies of a party to an attack on their country? Also does a patriot attempt to silence those who are not only seeing the bad side but actively pointing them out?

There are those who do not understand and simply see the criticism as an attack on their country? What do they come under?

And there are also those who do see it and attempt to cover it up maliciously. What these people come under?

I guess Fascsotriots is a good description. There are a lot of these about?


People that cant accept criticism of their country does not make them fascists. They might be patriots that dont see things the same way.

You are deluded.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Lordo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:25 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Lordo wrote:So back to the subject matter, what do you call a person who cannot tell the difference between criticizing the party in government and the population?

Patriot or a Fascist?

Swine perhaps?

An idiot .......... who is incapable of seeing the difference between individuals and the collective brainwashing of sections of the population.

Absolutely. But I thought it is a bit harsh being so honest about their mentality. However, honesty is the best policy every time.

There are at least three here on this forum.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Lordo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:29 pm

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:
What about those individuals who are mistaking a genuine criticism of the policies of a party to an attack on their country? Also does a patriot attempt to silence those who are not only seeing the bad side but actively pointing them out?

There are those who do not understand and simply see the criticism as an attack on their country? What do they come under?

And there are also those who do see it and attempt to cover it up maliciously. What these people come under?

I guess Fascsotriots is a good description. There are a lot of these about?


People that cant accept criticism of their country does not make them fascists. They might be patriots that dont see things the same way.

You are deluded.

Here is one of those idiots. Thanks for proving my point exactly.

A person can contest a criticism of their country but their country is not being criticized you stupid boy. The whole point of this thread is to show that they cannot see the difference.

In my experience the fascists see such criticism of themselves as criticism of their country. I guess not all fascists are idiots but there is a lot of such Swine.
Last edited by Lordo on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:29 pm

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:
What about those individuals who are mistaking a genuine criticism of the policies of a party to an attack on their country? Also does a patriot attempt to silence those who are not only seeing the bad side but actively pointing them out?

There are those who do not understand and simply see the criticism as an attack on their country? What do they come under?

And there are also those who do see it and attempt to cover it up maliciously. What these people come under?

I guess Fascsotriots is a good description. There are a lot of these about?


People that cant accept criticism of their country does not make them fascists. They might be patriots that dont see things the same way.

You are deluded.


It's not about criticism, but rather about the methods the swines impose their will.

For example the vast majority of Greeks don't want to strip their army to send weapons bought from their own lagging to Ukraine. However the swines do it without asking anyone.

Notice Greece is still a bankrupt state that can hardly pay it's debt to the IMF, applies extreme austerity measures, exploits it's citizens ad nauseam, while the vast majority of young Greeks have no other option, than work for 500 Euro per month due to unemployment.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12892
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Maximus » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:26 pm

Lordo wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:
What about those individuals who are mistaking a genuine criticism of the policies of a party to an attack on their country? Also does a patriot attempt to silence those who are not only seeing the bad side but actively pointing them out?

There are those who do not understand and simply see the criticism as an attack on their country? What do they come under?

And there are also those who do see it and attempt to cover it up maliciously. What these people come under?

I guess Fascsotriots is a good description. There are a lot of these about?


People that cant accept criticism of their country does not make them fascists. They might be patriots that dont see things the same way.

You are deluded.

Here is one of those idiots. Thanks for proving my point exactly.

A person can contest a criticism of their country but their country is not being criticized you stupid boy. The whole point of this thread is to show that they cannot see the difference.

In my experience the fascists see such criticism of themselves as criticism of their country. I guess not all fascists are idiots but there is a lot of such Swine.


I thought the whole point of your thread was to find out when patriotism ends and when does facism begin. Moe importantly, when does a patriot become a fascist.

I answered your question, which you havent seemed to be able to do yet.

And it seems to me that you have a fixation on fascists and you are chasing ghosts to prove that some forum member is a fascist.

When in reality, you are probably the fascist.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Lordo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:13 pm

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:
What about those individuals who are mistaking a genuine criticism of the policies of a party to an attack on their country? Also does a patriot attempt to silence those who are not only seeing the bad side but actively pointing them out?

There are those who do not understand and simply see the criticism as an attack on their country? What do they come under?

And there are also those who do see it and attempt to cover it up maliciously. What these people come under?

I guess Fascsotriots is a good description. There are a lot of these about?


People that cant accept criticism of their country does not make them fascists. They might be patriots that dont see things the same way.

You are deluded.

Here is one of those idiots. Thanks for proving my point exactly.

A person can contest a criticism of their country but their country is not being criticized you stupid boy. The whole point of this thread is to show that they cannot see the difference.

In my experience the fascists see such criticism of themselves as criticism of their country. I guess not all fascists are idiots but there is a lot of such Swine.


I thought the whole point of your thread was to find out when patriotism ends and when does facism begin. Moe importantly, when does a patriot become a fascist.

I answered your question, which you havent seemed to be able to do yet.

And it seems to me that you have a fixation on fascists and you are chasing ghosts to prove that some forum member is a fascist.

When in reality, you are probably the fascist.
Siga siga.

We have established that those who mistake a criticism of a government as an attack on the country and particularly the population like LR had done, are idiots.

But in my experience a lot of fascists' do that exact thing. In reality they are not even aware of their political leaning ins. They are too stupid to realise it.

I call them Latent Fascist. You will find that the "Sun Readers". and put them in inverted comas as it has not as yet been established that they can read, fall into one of those three categories. Well at least most do anyway.

So There are:
Fascists
Latent Fascists
Idiots.

The question is which one are you dear boy?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Maximus » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:08 pm

Lordo wrote:Siga siga.

We have established that those who mistake a criticism of a government as an attack on the country and particularly the population like LR had done, are idiots.

But in my experience a lot of fascists' do that exact thing.


And you criticise the government hoping others will mistake it as not an attack on the country. :roll:

Swineland you say? Land of the pigs yeah?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:15 pm

I had a thought! :o

ALL fascist regimes have complete control of the military and this also applies to a government that is not fascist of course. The only way that is possible is by indoctrination which is in effect brainwashing. What you believe is what you are told to believe and you get no opportunity to ‘express your opinion and have your say’. So anyone that tells you something that counters what you have been told is true, whether it is or not ….. is a threat, an enemy agent. This is evident with some posters on this forum their opinions are entrenched. They need no evidence to support their beliefs because they KNOW that are right …… as they have been told so! So ex-military are more likely to hold extremist views that are entrenched rather than as a result of analysing a situation.

In the military you do not THINK ….. some one who outranks you does the thinking and you just do what you are told to do/think! The ability to work things out for themselves diminishes over time and this is why so many ex-military in the lower ranks at least, end up on the streets and homeless when they leave the forces and the collective support. They have no one to tell them what to do any more.

If the government the military is controlled by is extremist/fascist ….. then the military become fascist by being the enforcer of that governments ideology. You can have patriots that have different ideas of patriotism but when they force their views on others with threats (actual or verbal) then they become fascists. :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests