The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Patriotism or Fascism

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Lordo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:43 pm

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:Siga siga.

We have established that those who mistake a criticism of a government as an attack on the country and particularly the population like LR had done, are idiots.

But in my experience a lot of fascists' do that exact thing.


And you criticise the government hoping others will mistake it as not an attack on the country. :roll:

Swineland you say? Land of the pigs yeah?

Exactly.
Just like Germany when it became Naziland in mid-30s.
We have had 13 years of Swine rule hence Swineland

You are finally getting it boy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Londonrake » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:43 pm

Robin Hood wrote:I had a thought! :o

ALL fascist regimes have complete control of the military and this also applies to a government that is not fascist of course. The only way that is possible is by indoctrination which is in effect brainwashing. What you believe is what you are told to believe and you get no opportunity to ‘express your opinion and have your say’. So anyone that tells you something that counters what you have been told is true, whether it is or not ….. is a threat, an enemy agent. This is evident with some posters on this forum their opinions are entrenched. They need no evidence to support their beliefs because they KNOW that are right …… as they have been told so! So ex-military are more likely to hold extremist views that are entrenched rather than as a result of analysing a situation.

In the military you do not THINK ….. some one who outranks you does the thinking and you just do what you are told to do/think! The ability to work things out for themselves diminishes over time and this is why so many ex-military in the lower ranks at least, end up on the streets and homeless when they leave the forces and the collective support. They have no one to tell them what to do any more.

If the government the military is controlled by is extremist/fascist ….. then the military become fascist by being the enforcer of that governments ideology. You can have patriots that have different ideas of patriotism but when they force their views on others with threats (actual or verbal) then they become fascists. :roll:


Entrenched opinions you say? :wink:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:26 pm

Londonrake wrote: Entrenched opinions you say? :wink:


YES ..... do you consider that to be an unfair observation and it offends you ?

An easy way to find out ........

Answer the question I put to Paphitis! He demonstrated his entrenchment because he refused to answer at all, safe in his own arrogance that he had all the answers! :D

You will only answer correctly if you do not have an already entrenched opinion on the subject. That is because the answer is based ONLY on facts provided by an Internationally respected organisation ....... I will give you a clue ...... the OSCE. It is neither pro nor anti, in fact they do not express an opinion at all, they just record facts ...... but the facts are all there! It will be like having cataracts removed and treated with new acrylic lenses ..... you will see things you never saw before!

Try it. :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Londonrake » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:15 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Londonrake wrote: Entrenched opinions you say? :wink:


YES ..... do you consider that to be an unfair observation and it offends you ?


After so many years on forums it's hard to be "offended". I think I've heard it all TBH. I can honestly say that I've never lost a wink of sleep over any of it though. :wink:

Nevertheless, apart from the Cypriots on here, who would I imagine have all done their NS, I am the only one I can think of who most are aware has spent significant time in uniform. So of course, it's difficult not to take your (oft previously expressed) opinion other than as aimed. I would ask, as several times before, why and where's it going?

I could reply in kind but knowing how sensitive you are where would that lead? Pyro and perhaps Kicks would say that the rest of your post was an irrelevant "diatribe" "rant" "tirade", etc- to be ignored. I've always thought that pretty rude - not to mention hypocritical given some of their verbose postings. But I confine this to the essence of your post.

I have dropped you a PM - about other matters.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Lordo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:50 pm

Nooooooo you have something to say, you say it in the open. If you are going to PM, do it but no need to anounce it.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Londonrake » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:59 pm

Lordo wrote:Nooooooo you have something to say, you say it in the open. If you are going to PM, do it but no need to anounce it.


Personal. Nothing to do with forum matters or anybody on here. Go play with yourself back in La la. :wink:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Lordo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:34 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Lordo wrote:Nooooooo you have something to say, you say it in the open. If you are going to PM, do it but no need to anounce it.


Personal. Nothing to do with forum matters or anybody on here. Go play with yourself back in La la. :wink:

Fine sentiments coming from master-debater.
Private stuff should remain private. Why announce it in an open forum?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Londonrake » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:38 pm

Lordo wrote:
Londonrake wrote:
Lordo wrote:Nooooooo you have something to say, you say it in the open. If you are going to PM, do it but no need to anounce it.


Personal. Nothing to do with forum matters or anybody on here. Go play with yourself back in La la. :wink:

Like I said then no need to mention it here.


Some people tend to not monitor their PMs. So, I will mention it or not as I wish. I appreciate it's probably a difficult concept there but it really has nothing to do with you. :wink:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Lordo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:45 pm

Interestingly as soon as you log in you see if you have any PMs.
What is there to monitor?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Patriotism or Fascism

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:09 pm

Lordo wrote:Nooooooo you have something to say, you say it in the open. If you are going to PM, do it but no need to anounce it.


I have know LR in different guises for over 15 years, we are long term protagonist's ......... the e-mail was purely personal. He obviously lost my e-mail number. I have no problem ..... it shouldn't bother you, unless you want to enquire about my wife's health too? :wink:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests