The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


donkeys lead by more donkeys

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Lordo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:24 pm

in the last few years the brits have been negotiating brexit with the europeans. the spanish are making sure they have a hold on gibraltar after brexit. the oirish are making sure there is no hard border between northern oireland and southern oireland and the brits are caving to both their demands.

so what is groc doing abouit the bases, can you hear anyone asking for some part of it to be retruned. after all they were ready to return 3% if there was peace. what is wrong with returning it now to help peace. unless of course anastasiades does not want peace. thats alltogether another thing of course.

donkeys leading more donkeys indeed.
what a mess.
can you feeeeeeeel it.

enjoy the boullaruis. the little one is gurubedroboullari.

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Maximus » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 pm

This problem is 100% Turkish owned.

When Turkey withdraws from Cyprus and takes her settlers with her, the problem will practically be over.

Its as simple as that.

What complicates it and draws the problem out is the fact that you (TC's political leadership and Turkey) are trying to extort or sorts of things from the Republic of Cyprus.

I feel sorry for you people, Its embarrassing.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Lordo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:10 am

Maximus wrote:This problem is 100% Turkish owned.

When Turkey withdraws from Cyprus and takes her settlers with her, the problem will practically be over.

Its as simple as that.

What complicates it and draws the problem out is the fact that you (TC's political leadership and Turkey) are trying to extort or sorts of things from the Republic of Cyprus.

I feel sorry for you people, Its embarrassing.

like i said. donkeys lead by more donkeys.

whats terggy got to do with it. you were going to use the eu to get a better deal after annan and that leaberage melted away once terggy lost interest in joining the eu. where as with brexit this is a perfect time to grab some of the bases back but no, they could not even see the opporotunity never mind making use of it. sleep on my friend.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Maximus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:20 am

Cyprus is occupied,

When the occupation ends the problem will be solved.

In the meantime, Turkey and the TC's are running their reputation in to the ground and cant make any progress on any front..

Its embarrassing. I feel sorry for you people,
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Get Real! » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:54 am

Maximus wrote:Cyprus is occupied,

When the occupation ends the problem will be solved.

In the meantime, Turkey and the TC's are running their reputation in to the ground and cant make any progress on any front..

Its embarrassing. I feel sorry for you people,

Lordo, raised a good point but you’ve just come in and derailed it. :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41945
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Get Real! » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 am

I haven’t heard the opposition raise any questions about this in parliament but then again... I haven’t been following the CyProb much lately so I could’ve missed it if it did.

So what is our government's position with respect to the SBAs and Brexit?

Hopefully, someone who is up to date will enlighten us...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41945
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Paphitis » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:02 am

Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:Cyprus is occupied,

When the occupation ends the problem will be solved.

In the meantime, Turkey and the TC's are running their reputation in to the ground and cant make any progress on any front..

Its embarrassing. I feel sorry for you people,

Lordo, raised a good point but you’ve just come in and derailed it. :?


By returning he means that part of the SBAs go to the occupation regime to "help peace"

You don't want to go there.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23057
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Maximus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:27 am

Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:Cyprus is occupied,

When the occupation ends the problem will be solved.

In the meantime, Turkey and the TC's are running their reputation in to the ground and cant make any progress on any front..

Its embarrassing. I feel sorry for you people,

Lordo, raised a good point but you’ve just come in and derailed it. :?


No, I got straight to the point.

While you focus on 3% with cousin Lordo the conversation is diverted away from the 37% that is occupied, illegally, by Turkey.

You can beat around the bush and talk about the SBA's, Brexit, Gibroultaa, the Oirish and donkeys all you want.

All that needs to happen in the first instance is for Turkey to withdraw and take her settlers with her.

Then Britain will cede this 3% cousin Lordo wants to talk about.
Last edited by Maximus on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Get Real! » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:33 am

What are the Brexit arrangements with respect to the SBAs?

That’s what I’m interested in and not what Lordo may consider a CyProb solution in his head...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41945
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: donkeys lead by more donkeys

Postby Maximus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:38 am

Get Real! wrote:What are the Brexit arrangements with respect to the SBAs?

That’s what I’m interested in and not what Lordo may consider a CyProb solution in his head...


As far as I am aware, nothing.

The SBA's were there before the UK and CY joined the EU.

Now that Britain is looking to leave, this does not mean that they have to forfeit the bases.

The EU cant get Turkey to end the occupation of CY. How do you think they will be able to get Britain to leave the bases?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests