The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby miltiades » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:28 pm


Well, it hasn't happen before but is happening now. I agree with Lordos 100%.
How on earth can anyone take Trump seriously is beyond me.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17160
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby RichardB » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:48 pm

miltiades wrote:

Well, it hasn't happen before but is happening
now. I agree with Lordos 100%.
How on earth can anyone take Trump seriously is beyond me.


Coincidence that..I was watching a documentary last night and it featured a short peice on Mussolini's oration and i thought exactly the same
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3509
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Zenon33 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Yes I mean in the political sense.

Yes it was very clear to me that he meant late term or second trimester pregnancy. He is going to make it illegal.

There was a US Governor who said that he would execute a newborn in support of abortion which amounts to infanticide. To me that was a disgusting thing to say.

Trump has hit the right spot on many issues. Abortion is another topic that makes me feel uncomfortable as well. I don’t see it as a right issue.




Our country has the right laws on abortion. Only if the mother's life is in danger and rape. Infanticide has been legal in the US and Europe since 1970's.


Infanticide is different to abortion.

Infanticide is when they kill a born child hence the name infanticide. Many people believe in the slippery slope argument that infanticide is the next step after abortion. Infanticide is NOT legal in Europe or the USA but a US Governor mentioned irresponsibly introducing infanticide, and Trump used this as a pretext to rush through new laws making it illegal for an abortion to occur after 21 weeks.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23646
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:00 pm

miltiades wrote:

Well, it hasn't happen before but is happening now. I agree with Lordos 100%.
How on earth can anyone take Trump seriously is beyond me.


All of you are brainwashed fools.

CNN and BBC use special filters to make Trump look redder than normal. Next time, do an experiment and look at the redness of the US Flag or a fire extinguisher. Red is the color of anger, and the media are trying very hard to discredit Trump. Then watch Fox News to see how the MSM are using filters. This is a war on people's minds and its funded by Soros. You people need to wake up.

But here are some facts.

The USA is now the leading economy outstripping the next best performing OECD economy by nearly 2 fold.

He is going to build a wall on the US and Mexican border. Why that is an issue considering the illegal people and narcotics trade between the Mexican Cartels and other American criminal gangs is beyond me when there are 72,000 OD Deaths in the USA.

Trump is meeting with the North Korean "Supreme Leader" in Vietnam which is a massive achievement and worthy of a Nobel Peace Price nomination. It is probably true that the Korean Peninsula would at least face war if it wasn't for the stance taken by South Korea and Trump. Dialogue is good.

I suggest you watch the union address again. Trump is kicking a lot of goals.

Any comparison between Trump and Mussolini is silly, when Golden Dawn in Greece is on the rise because people have had enough of the same same lunacy. Trump is a pussy cat compared to them. And I am not being critical of Golden Dawn anymore. They seem to be the only party in Greece standing up for what the Greek people want, and in the end this is the reason why they will eventually win Government in Greece.

People like you will ask how anyone can take them seriously.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23646
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Lordo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm

you are one stupid cnut

there were 40,000 people killed in america with gun crime but that is not an issue
he lowered the tax rate for corporations like himself, that was a good thing right like hell it was.
he separated children from their parents at the border, the last people do do that were the nazis
he moved the embassy in israel - big wow as ivanka claimed trum always delivers. he did not recognise his own daughter on a website and confused her with another ivanka. how stupid is that

what an achievement.

what he has done in 2 years have had no effect on the economy, it s all obama's doing. in the next 4 years we shall found out what his policies have caused
as to drugs what makes you think they come accross the border from mexico only

what is even more interesting is that in his university he taught people not to allow walls to stop them from achieving their ambition. so what makes him think that his wall or his steel fence will stop drug pushers from cutting their way through. In fact it has been shown how easy it is to cut through it

Lets face it he is pretty dumb and you are even dumber for seeing him as anything else. the comparisson with mussolini was his manerisms and his mentality. but that went way over your stupid head too
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11937
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Lordo wrote:you are one stupid cnut

there were 40,000 people killed in america with gun crime but that is not an issue
he lowered the tax rate for corporations like himself, that was a good thing right like hell it was.
he separated children from their parents at the border, the last people do do that were the nazis
he moved the embassy in israel - big wow as ivanka claimed trum always delivers. he did not recognise his own daughter on a website and confused her with another ivanka. how stupid is that

what an achievement.

what he has done in 2 years have had no effect on the economy, it s all obama's doing. in the next 4 years we shall found out what his policies have caused
as to drugs what makes you think they come accross the border from mexico only

what is even more interesting is that in his university he taught people not to allow walls to stop them from achieving their ambition. so what makes him think that his wall or his steel fence will stop drug pushers from cutting their way through. In fact it has been shown how easy it is to cut through it

Lets face it he is pretty dumb and you are even dumber for seeing him as anything else. the comparisson with mussolini was his manerisms and his mentality. but that went way over your stupid head too


Oh well aren't you so clever bringing up gun crime. Makes you feel so smart.

Yes, the US has gun issues. That is no secret, but it has always had gun issues since day dot because it has the most liberal gun laws and the most liberal and free laws in general. In fact, the second amendment protects the right to own and bear arms.

So its easy to get a gun. Sure this is true. Maybe they can tighten that up. Sure, maybe that is true. But all the licences gun owners are not the ones that will go out and kill people. It's the ones smuggled scross the border and which are not registered that are the main culprit.

And 40,000 you say. Yes that is a big problem and I hate school shootings as much as anyone.

But what about the 72,000 OD Deaths. That's 2 times more.

And you can cut the foul mouthed language out and stop lieing.

There were only 33,000 gun deaths in the USA and 21,000 of those were self inflicted suicide shootings. Only 11,208 were atributed to homicide shootings, not 40,000.
Gun violence in the United States results in tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually.[4] In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 persons),[5][6] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 persons).[7] These deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides,[8] 21,175 suicides,[7] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".[7] The ownership and control of guns are among the most widely debated issues in the country.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23646
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Trump wrongly claimed El Paso transformed from one of the most dangerous cities in the nation to one of the safest “immediately” after construction of a border barrier. El Paso was a relatively safe city before construction of a 57-mile-long fence started in mid-2008. And violent crime did not drop in the immediate years after its completion.
The president twice referred to human trafficking to make the case for ending illegal immigration. However, experts told us legal ports are the typical mode of entry in the bulk of the cases they deal with concerning foreign nationals.
Trump falsely said a “strong security wall” along San Diego’s border with Mexico “almost completely ended illegal crossings.” A government report said the fence “by itself, did not have a discernible impact.”
The president urged Congress to pass a border security plan, which includes $5.7 billion for a border wall, by citing the flow of illicit drugs from Mexico. But drugs mainly enter the U.S. in cars and trucks traveling through legal ports of entry.
Trump boasted that “more people are working now than at any time in our history –- 157 million.” That’s roughly accurate, but due to population growth, the country has almost continually hit historical employment highs. Since recovery from the Great Recession, the U.S. been setting new records virtually every month since mid-2014.
He exaggerated the number of jobs created under his presidency by starting the clock at his election, and he inflated the manufacturing job gain even more.
The president said, “African American, Hispanic American and Asian American unemployment have all reached their lowest levels ever recorded.” It’s true the rates have reached the lowest levels ever recorded during the last year, but the gap between white unemployment and the rate for black and Hispanic Americans has remained the same.
Trump inflated the reduction in food stamp recipients on his watch by including the last few months under President Barack Obama.
Trump mischaracterized New York’s newly passed abortion law and did not accurately represent Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s comments about an abortion bill in that state.
Trump boasted about the U.S. being the top oil and natural gas producer in the world. Those achievements, however, occurred years ago or have been expected for a long time.
He also incorrectly claimed that the U.S. was a net energy exporter. America isn’t yet, but is expected to be in 2020.
Trump said that he signed legislation “so that we can finally terminate those who mistreat our wonderful veterans.” But it was already possible to fire VA employees before the Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act became law in June 2017.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8304
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:22 pm

STUD,

you can manipulate statistics all you like, but a wall will make it harder to traffic people (illegal immigrants) and harder to traffic narcotics.

I got nothing against Mexico as a Nation. In fact I quite like Mexico and I like the Latin American culture too. But they do have very dangerous gangs and cartels in Mexico. this is an undeniable fact.

So America has every right to build that wall. And this wall will reduce the number of illegal crossings and probably reduce the amount of narcotics in circulation. How much, no one really knows.

But I have yet not heard of a good argument against this wall. Just lunatic leftist hysteria.

Back to the economy. Yes he has boatsed that more Americans are in work. But the boasts are more about the acceleration in the US economies growth. It is now the leading economy in the world in terms of growth. that is a fact, and it has nothing to do with population growth. It may have something to do with the fact that thousands of US businesses are moving their manufacturing back to the USA, creating 600,000 manufacturing jobs, among other things.

This is WHY the establishment are trying to discredit him. So that the corporates can go back to exploiting cheap labor.

Overall his speech was brilliant. I believe he has the next election in the bag.

His speech was also reassuring to the rest of the world, that the USA will REMAIN the leader and bastion of the free world. This is what the entire world wants and needs.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23646
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Get Real! » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Oh details details, STUD! :?

The electorate doesn't work like that at all! :roll:

Most of the electorate don't give a shit about facts... all they care about is BIG TALK during speeches, even if it's coming out the speaker's backside!

That's why corrupt and uneducated trash like Trump; and all those before him, thrive!

The political trash rule the dumb masses (the mass trash) and so it shall go until... planetary oblivion.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Get Real! wrote:Oh details details, STUD! :?

The electorate doesn't work like that at all! :roll:

Most of the electorate don't give a shit about facts... all they care about is BIG TALK during speeches, even if it's coming out the speaker's backside!

That's why corrupt and uneducated trash like Trump; and all those before him, thrive!

The political trash rule the dumb masses (the mass trash) and so it shall go until... planetary oblivion.
'

Trump is the best thing that has happened in this crazy world.

And he is the only politician to put the BIG Talk into action and give the people what they want, plus his alternative policies to globalism has paid big dividends for the US Economy. So you can proceed with your own big talk, with no substance at all, whilst you dwell on a US Economy that is absolutely blitzing the world right now and going from strength to strength.

About 4 weeks ago I was totally amazed when Australia's Treasurer was interviewed and he said that Australia is the world's second best economy. A journalist asked him who is first, and he answered the US and added that the US has overtaken Australia as the fastest growing economy in the OECD. He said the US was far behind us but now outgro us by nearly 200%
Last edited by Paphitis on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23646
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests