The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:32 am

Get Real! wrote:Paphitis, you’re too stupid to know if you’re coming or going... but don’t take it personal because most humans are like that.

It’s the reason I have no respect for democracy for it’s nothing but a cunning ploy for chaos to reign supreme.


Oh so you would prefer some of the totalitarianism on offer in Russia would you?

Off you go then Get Real!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 am

Get Real! wrote:I suspect that democracy is Satan’s own handiwork.

Let’s face it... people like Trump wouldn’t even pass the most basic of aptitude tests; but then again I suspect that neither would you Paphitis, yet you both have the granted right to a vote, and a granted right to even nominate yourselves for presidential candidacy! <-- :shock: Well fancy that! :?

So how can we expect such a fallacious system with such utterly absurd foundations, to ever work? :?

When any Tom, Dick, or Harry has so many rights automatically granted without the slightest scrutiny... what were we thinking... we clearly weren’t!

But rights should be EARNED not granted, if we are to truly separate the men from the boys but alas... perhaps in another time and on another planet.


Oh OK Get Real. You say Trump wouldn't pass an aptitude test but where does this leave you considering the fact the guy is worth 10 Billion and is now the POTUS.

Dear oh dear I have had enough of all these delusions.

The USA is perhaps the most free country in the world. You can do whatever you like there provided you don't hurt anyone. If you think your vote is worthless (and in your case it would be) then in the USA you are not compelled to vote at all. Sounds perfect for you. :wink:

Only people who understand some politics or have a belief need to vote. Since you are clueless, its best you opt out.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Oh details details, STUD! :?

The electorate doesn't work like that at all! :roll:

Most of the electorate don't give a shit about facts... all they care about is BIG TALK during speeches, even if it's coming out the speaker's backside!

That's why corrupt and uneducated trash like Trump; and all those before him, thrive!

The political trash rule the dumb masses (the mass trash) and so it shall go until... planetary oblivion.


Agree with most of what you say, but what is now hurting many Americans is that while the rich got tax cuts, many ordinary and less well off Americans are paying an extra usd 4000 to 5000 per annum and are dumping trump.

I am otherwise not sure what Paphitis is on, beyond an ego trip, but it does seem to induce an altered state of perception...


Where is your evidence?

All I know is that the USA has reduced the company tax rate from 33% to 21% to make business more competitive internationally. It is still not the lowest company tax rate in the world and before the tax cut it was one of the highest in the world. Australia also plans to reduce the company tax rate from 28% to 22%. Most countries around the world are looking to do this not just the USA.

This is a policy that has created millions of jobs. It's trickle down economics but the economy is the fastest growing OECD economy as a results. This is one contributing factor. In addition, the actual State tax take is either the same or sometimes even greater because businesses invest to employ new staff, increase their productivity, their profits and end up paying more tax anyway.

I reject the notion that poor families will be paying 4 to 5K more. That is completely not true!

And there will be no tax changes till 2027 either other than the company tax rate. You need to back this up with evidence because I couldn't find anything other than a biased anti Trump report.
Last edited by Paphitis on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:47 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Trump is the best thing that has happened in this crazy world.

Paphitis, you are the typical voter that makes up the typical electorate by having all the “right” attributes including... ignorance, bias, hypocrisy, emotional, etc... all of which lead to being illogical! <-- the typical voter

Enough said...


You are the typical; loser that listens to the Soros establishment, CNN and BBC.

The people wanted something different, which is WHY they voted for trump, and they are getting a different leader who is keeping his promises and delivering the best results that were previously unheard of.

This guy is shooting some goals right now, in America and internationally.

The typical voter's are people like you. People who like taking it up the arse!

This guy said he is making America Great again. That is what he is doing and he is putting America first. The rest of us want to see America leading the way, with the EU and other allies. And we can rest easy for now because America means business. We don't want China, or Russia, or Iran, or any other fucked up totalitarian criminal State.

WE WANT THE USA! I felt so proud of America after I heard Trump's speech. I was so proud and so happy. I was just thinking to myself, Wow, this guy is amazing. God bless America. :lol:

And the entire world can breathe a sigh of relief.

BTW, all your heroes (INFOWARS) think Trump is brilliant too.

Let me put it to you this way. You have an unhealthy bias that is against the USA. You hate them. It wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ came to earth and became US president, you will always hate the US no matter what. You got issues and need to build a bridge mate. So much anger is unhealthy.

Ordinarily, a Trump would be your kind of leader.


Trump promised no car plants would close... not quite correct
Trump promised he would reduce Government debt, not quite correct,
Trump promised he would not have time to play Golf...he is on track to pass the number of golf games played by Obama in about a third of the time,
The Tarrifs are already hurting American farmers and industry, eg Harley Davidson,
He is lying about his contacts with Russia, and before he was nominated was taking up his reltionship with Putin, stablemates on 60m, now (like Peter) , he denies the relationship,
And Mexico is not paying for the wall.


There will always be winners and losers.

As to the American Debt, it is impossible to reduce it this quickly. What he has done is increased the rate at which the US economy is growing and it is now the fastest growing economy in the world.

The car industry is affected by consumer confidence. It takes time before things filter through but they will.

Trump isn't a magician. What he has achieved is far more than any POTUS before him.

If a particular business is not competitive, then it should shut down. It happens all the time.

Now as for Harley Davidson, that is a US Icon. Probably the best cruise motor cycles in the world. they have their ups and downs but they will not close down. I already told the Minister of Finance I'm getting one of these bad boys (mid life crisis) :mrgreen:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:51 am

Lordo wrote:cartels are not stupid. they know if they take drugs through anywhere, they are like to be stolen from them. it is far cheaper to take them through official border locations so they can bribe border guards and get them not just safely through but with an escort.

stupid people believe what this man says. he is as straight as a 10 bob note.


Yeh, ever been through a US Border before?

You try taking some narcotics through a US Border Lordo and post the results here.

If we don't hear from you, then we shall assume you got life in a US Federal Prison and are now Bubba's white bitch! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby RichardB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:cartels are not stupid. they know if they take drugs through anywhere, they are like to be stolen from them. it is far cheaper to take them through official border locations so they can bribe border guards and get them not just safely through but with an escort.

stupid people believe what this man says. he is as straight as a 10 bob note.


Yeh, ever been through a US Border before?

You try taking some narcotics through a US Border Lordo and post the results here.

If we don't hear from you, then we shall assume you got life in a US Federal Prison and are now Bubba's white bitch! :lol:

Fact-checking Trump officials: Most drugs enter US through legal ports of entry, not vast, open border
Alan Gomez USA TODAY
Published 2:24 PM EST Jan 16, 2019
In their ongoing push for $5.7 billion to expand the border wall, Trump administration officials have repeatedly pointed to the flow of drugs across the southern border as proof that such a wall is needed.

President Donald Trump has used that line. White House press secretary Sarah Sanders has, too.

But an analysis of data from the southern border indicates that the vast majority of narcotics enters through U.S. ports of entry, not the wide swaths of border in between where additional barriers could be erected.

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics, 90 percent of heroin seized along the border, 88 percent of cocaine, 87 percent of methamphetamine, and 80 percent of fentanyl in the first 11 months of the 2018 fiscal year was caught trying to be smuggled in at legal crossing points.

While those numbers deal only with drugs that are caught, border experts say the data accurately reflect the way drug cartels successfully smuggle narcotics into the country.

Vice President Mike Pence: Democrats refuse to compromise on border wall funding to end the shutdown

Gil Kerlikowske, who headed CBP and the Office of National Drug Control Policy under President Barack Obama, said intelligence received from arrested smugglers and law enforcement partners in Mexico indicate that cartels clearly prefer moving high-profit narcotics through the busy ports of entry because their chances of success are better there.

He used the example of the San Ysidro Port of Entry in southern California, the busiest port with 100,000 people crossing through each day. Port officials recently completed a multi-year, $750 million upgrade to add more Customs officers and inspection technology, but Kerlikowske said the sheer volume of traffic means smugglers' odds are still better going through there than other parts of the border.

"Regardless of the number of drug dogs and technology and intelligence, the potential of smuggling the drugs in through a port of entry is far greater. Your ability to be captured coming across between a port of entry is much greater," said Kerlikowske, now a professor of practice in criminology and criminal justice at Northeastern University. "It's very clear that (drugs) come through the ports."


U.S. Vice President Mike Pence waves before he boards Air Force Two at the Yokota U.S. Air Force Base in Fussa, outside Tokyo, Japan, Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018.
Toru Hanai, AP
The flow of illegal drugs into the U.S. has become a central part of the Trump administration's argument that more barriers are needed along the 2,000-mile southern border. Trump's insistence on $5.7 billion for funding led to the ongoing, partial government shutdown, already the longest in U.S. history at 25 days.

Democrats have rejected Trump's request, instead preferring to invest more heavily in ports of entry. The Democratic-led House of Representatives passed a spending bill Jan. 3 that includes $8 million to hire 328 new Customs officers and $225 million to purchase equipment used to screen trucks and vehicles for contraband.

While Trump officials usually mention that 90 percent of the narcotics that enter the U.S. comes across the southern border, they have usually left out the way in which those drugs cross. Vice President Mike Pence was the first to acknowledge in an op-ed column published in USA TODAY on Tuesday that those drugs "primarily" enter the country through ports of entry.

Trump has argued the exact opposite, saying before a trip to McAllen, Texas, last week that most drugs enter between "portals" along the border, not through those "portals."

That is wrong.

Perhaps the best authority on how drugs are smuggled into the U.S. is Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the Mexican drug lord arrested by Mexican officials in 2016 and later extradited to the U.S.

During his ongoing trial in New York, several of his cartel members have testified that they mostly pushed drugs through U.S. ports of entry, stashing bricks of narcotics in cars, trucks and trains, according to CNN. None of El Chapo's associates has testified that they moved drugs through the open border regions in between those ports.

Recent headlines also highlight the fact that drug cartels have many ways of getting around – or over, or under – any proposed border wall.

In the past month, Mexican authorities have discovered three tunnels that were used for drug smuggling that crossed under the border wall into Arizona. That has long been a common smuggling route used by smugglers.

In December, Border Patrol agents arrested two men after an ultralight aircraft flew over the border wall in California and dropped $1.4 million worth of methamphetamine and a getaway bicycle. And last year, a man was sentenced to 12 years in prison after he was caught picking up a package with 13 pounds of methamphetamine that had been dropped by a drone that flew over the border wall near San Diego. Border Patrol officials say such airborne smuggling attempts are only expected to increase as drone technology improves.

Smugglers also rely on the U.S. Postal Service to smuggle their highest-profit drugs into the country. A September report from the Postal Service's Inspector General found that drug shipments have been on a steady rise in recent years, with over 40,000 pounds of drugs seized in the mail in 2017.

The report concedes that postal inspectors identify only a fraction of the drugs entering through the U.S. mail. It found 104 drug trafficking websites on the dark web that identified their shipment methods, and 92 percent indicated they used the U.S. Postal Service.

The ability of smugglers to take advantage of the U.S. Postal Service has become so acute that it prompted a special agent in November to say: "Postal employees are paid to deliver mail, not drugs."



Published 2:24 PM EST Jan 16, 2019

I don't know how reputable this newspaper is but..

The above report published in USA Today would appear to verify what Lordo is saying.
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3509
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:03 pm

It still isn't a valid argument against the wall.

Drugs will always enter the USA as they enter the EU and Australia (which has no land borders and has the best wall on earth), but that is still no argument that debunks the US/Mexican wall.

Also there are conflicting reports such as thuis, which argues most narcotics are entering the USA through the USA/Mexican border.

The Obama administration keeps reassuring Americans that the southern border is secure yet the overwhelming majority of illegal drugs in the United States come from Mexico and Mexican traffickers remain the greatest criminal threat to the United States.

This is nothing new and has been well documented for years in a variety of government audits, but the latest report, released this month by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), comes as the administration insists the Mexican border is secure. How secure could it possibly be when Mexican cartels—classified as Transitional Criminal Organizations (TCOs) by the government—have for years smuggled in enormous quantities of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana? In fact, the DEA’s 2015 National Drug Threat Assessment reveals that Mexican cartels are in a class of their own, that “no other group can challenge them in the near term.”

They’re sophisticated operations that have been smuggling huge amounts of illicit drugs into the U.S. for some time. “These Mexican poly-drug organizations traffic heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, and marijuana throughout the United States, using established transportation routes and distribution networks,” the DEA report states. “They control drug trafficking across the Southwest Border and are moving to expand their share of US illicit drug markets, particularly heroin markets. National-level gangs and neighborhood gangs continue to form relationships with Mexican TCOs to increase profits for the gangs through drug distribution and transportation, for the enforcement of drug payments, and for protection of drug transportation corridors from use by rival gangs.”

These enterprises have spread throughout the nation in major cities such as Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Philadelphia, according to the feds. Los Angeles is a key strategic hub to facilitate the movement of drugs north and west, according to the DEA report, and the city is also used for the “subsequent smuggling of drug proceeds in the form of bulk cash back to Mexico.” Boston is receiving cocaine directly from Mexican organizations based in Border States, the report says, and Mexican organizations dominate the wholesale distribution of cocaine, methamphetamine, Mexico-produced marijuana, and heroin.

It gets better; major Mexican cartels are actually operating in the United States, the DEA confirms, offering specific names in the report. They include the Beltran-Leyva Organization (BLO), New Generation Jalisco Cartel (Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generación or CJNG) the Los Cuinis, Gulf Cartel (Cartel del Golfo or CDG), Juarez Cartel, Michoacán Family (La Familia Michoacána or LFM), Knights Templar (Los Caballeros Templarios or LCT), Los Zetas, and the renowned Sinaloa Cartel. This certainly seems to indicate that the southern border is extremely vulnerable.

It appears that this will not change in the near future. The DEA, which functions under the Department of Justice (DOJ), predicts that “Mexican TCOs will continue to dominate the trafficking of heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, and marijuana throughout the United States.” Here’s why: “There are no other organizations at this time with the infrastructure and power to challenge Mexican TCOs for control of the US drug market,” the DEA claims. “Mexican TCOs will continue to serve primarily as wholesale suppliers of drugs to the United States to distance themselves from US law enforcement. Mexican TCOs will continue to rely on US-based gangs to distribute drugs at the retail level.”

Mexican drug cartels have long benefitted from our susceptible southern border and the situation is more serious than ever because traffickers have joined forces with Middle Eastern terrorists to enter the U.S. Earlier this year Judicial Watch broke a story detailing how smugglers (“coyotes”) working for the Juárez Cartel help move ISIS terrorists through the desert and across the border between Santa Teresa and Sunland Park, New Mexico. To the east of El Paso and Ciudad Juárez, cartel-backed “coyotes” also smuggle ISIS terrorists through the porous border between Acala and Fort Hancock, Texas. JW’s high-level government sources say these specific areas were targeted for exploitation by ISIS because of their understaffed municipal and county police forces and the relative safe-havens the areas provide for the unchecked large-scale drug smuggling that was already ongoing.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:09 pm

And here is the 2018 DEA National Drug assessment which stipulates that the Mexican Cartels pose the greatest Narcotics threat to the USA.

Heroin-related drug-poisoning deaths almost doubled between 2013 and 2016. This has been exacerbated by the increased adulteration of heroin with fentanyl and other synthetic opioids. Heroin available in U.S. markets is primarily sourced from Mexico, where opium poppy cultivation and heroin production have both increased significantly in recent years. (pages 11-20)


Mexican transnational criminal organizations, including the Sinaloa Cartel and Jalisco New Generation Cartel, remain the greatest criminal drug threat in the United States. The cartels are the principal wholesale drug sources for domestic gangs responsible for street-level distribution. (pages 97-99)


In 2017, synthetic opioids such as fentanyl were involved in nearly 30,000 deaths, and from 2016-2017, Mexican heroin production grew by 37 percent. Mexican cartels continue to make large quantities of cheap methamphetamine and deliver it to the United States through the Southern border. Seizures at the border increased from 8,900 pounds in 2010 to nearly 82,000 pounds thus far in 2018.


All that from an official Government source (DEA)

https://www.dea.gov/press-releases/2018 ... sessment-0

And the US Justice Department

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndok/pr/de ... assessment

And you can read the entire report here:

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files ... lution.pdf
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Lordo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:cartels are not stupid. they know if they take drugs through anywhere, they are like to be stolen from them. it is far cheaper to take them through official border locations so they can bribe border guards and get them not just safely through but with an escort.

stupid people believe what this man says. he is as straight as a 10 bob note.


Yeh, ever been through a US Border before?

You try taking some narcotics through a US Border Lordo and post the results here.

If we don't hear from you, then we shall assume you got life in a US Federal Prison and are now Bubba's white bitch! :lol:

you clearly do not understand what i am posting. i did not say anybody can do it, i said cartels do it. what gave yu the idea that i run or i am a memebr of any cartel, you stupid boy.

just try understanding what i posted and give a response.
how do cartels get 90% of the drugs through the porder posts.
more importantntly why is trum not worried about that.
because his supporters and thats inc you are as thick as shit and racist to boot and it makes them feel better to build a wall. most of the people coming accross the wall are the very poor meople who have been driven from their land by american policy in the central and south america.

even more interesting that most of the drugs come from colombia but trump baby is not worried about the situation in colombia at all.
what an asshole trum is and what an asshole you are for not seeing through what he is up to.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12252
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:cartels are not stupid. they know if they take drugs through anywhere, they are like to be stolen from them. it is far cheaper to take them through official border locations so they can bribe border guards and get them not just safely through but with an escort.

stupid people believe what this man says. he is as straight as a 10 bob note.


Yeh, ever been through a US Border before?

You try taking some narcotics through a US Border Lordo and post the results here.

If we don't hear from you, then we shall assume you got life in a US Federal Prison and are now Bubba's white bitch! :lol:

you clearly do not understand what i am posting. i did not say anybody can do it, i said cartels do it. what gave yu the idea that i run or i am a memebr of any cartel, you stupid boy.

just try understanding what i posted and give a response.
how do cartels get 90% of the drugs through the porder posts.
more importantntly why is trum not worried about that.
because his supporters and thats inc you are as thick as shit and racist to boot and it makes them feel better to build a wall. most of the people coming accross the wall are the very poor meople who have been driven from their land by american policy in the central and south america.

even more interesting that most of the drugs come from colombia but trump baby is not worried about the situation in colombia at all.
what an asshole trum is and what an asshole you are for not seeing through what he is up to.


I tend to not understand much when people say the F and C word like you do. I tend to switch off when I come to the realization I am talking to someone that isn't all there and needs toi resort to bad language.

Your argument is illogical. Whether true or not, there is still no valid argument against the wall even if a small amount of the narcotics comes through the Mexican Border. The US Government has a responsibility to secure its border to prevent human and drug trafficking. Even if this has a small impact on the number of OD Deaths, it is still a responsibility of any responsible government.

The US Government has been considering building a way since way before Trump. Obama was considering it as well.

I also posted some official reports from the DEA which found in their 2018 Drug assessment that the Mexican Cartels were by far the biggest suppliers of illegal narcotics in the USA and that the vast majority crossed the US/Mexican border.

The very same report also mentioned the cartels in Columbia and Dominican Republic and found that the Mexican Cartels are connected with the Colombian and Dominican Cartels as well. They are worried about Colombia and all sources of illegal drugs and they also target US criminal gangs within the USA which are also a part of the same supply chain from Colombia and Mexico.

The DEA and US Government are concerned with this scourge that claims more than 70,000 lives each year. The number is also increasing year after year.

Once again, here is the report. Mexico isn't the only country mentioned.

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files ... lution.pdf
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23888
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests