The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Paphitis wrote:Gun violence in the United States results in tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually.[4] In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 persons),[5][6] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 persons).[7] These deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides,[8] 21,175 suicides,[7] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".[7] The ownership and control of guns are among the most widely debated issues in the country.
[/quote]

Your figures are five years out of date and Lordo is better informed.

Stats for 2018 are still being gathered but In 2017 39,773 Americans were killed by guns of which 23,854 were suicide, the rest (mostly) murder and accident, but where America is the word leader in gun suicides, as while Only 4 percent of the world’s people live in the United States, Americans make up a full third of the people worldwide who die by gun suicide each year.

2:1 That is The ratio of America kids killed by guns versus the number of American kids killed by cancer.
According to a new analysis the University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center, the United States’ rate of gun death among children is 36.5 times the overall rate observed in other high-income countries. A deeper dive into the American figures shows us that guns claim more children’s lives annually than cancer.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8304
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:44 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Gun violence in the United States results in tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually.[4] In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 persons),[5][6] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 persons).[7] These deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides,[8] 21,175 suicides,[7] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".[7] The ownership and control of guns are among the most widely debated issues in the country.


Your figures are five years out of date and Lordo is better informed.

Stats for 2018 are still being gathered but In 2017 39,773 Americans were killed by guns of which 23,854 were suicide, the rest (mostly) murder and accident, but where America is the word leader in gun suicides, as while Only 4 percent of the world’s people live in the United States, Americans make up a full third of the people worldwide who die by gun suicide each year.

2:1 That is The ratio of America kids killed by guns versus the number of American kids killed by cancer.
According to a new analysis the University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center, the United States’ rate of gun death among children is 36.5 times the overall rate observed in other high-income countries. A deeper dive into the American figures shows us that guns claim more children’s lives annually than cancer.[/quote]

OK that being the case.

And to remain accurate, there were 40,000 deaths of which 23,854 were suicide deaths.

Therefore, only 16,000 homicide deaths that were gun related and this has been the case for a very long time.

As I said, I don't like school shootings and America needs to address this. The wall could also have an impact because it is the illegal arms that are responsible for most of these gun related homicides, not the registered arms which are licensed.

And to put that into context, there were 72,000 OD deaths. Again, this was 2013 data. It's probably more now.

So which is a bigger problem? Narcotics or Guns?

Lordo claimed 40,000 gun related crime deaths. That isn't even true when there are only 16,000 deaths related to criminal gun activity (most of which are from unregistered firearms according to the NRA). So he can't be better informed, and at the same time he disregards 72,000 OD deaths?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23646
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Get Real! » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Paphitis wrote:Trump is the best thing that has happened in this crazy world.

Paphitis, you are the typical voter that makes up the typical electorate by having all the “right” attributes including... ignorance, bias, hypocrisy, emotional, etc... all of which lead to being illogical! <-- the typical voter

Enough said...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Trump is the best thing that has happened in this crazy world.

Paphitis, you are the typical voter that makes up the typical electorate by having all the “right” attributes including... ignorance, bias, hypocrisy, emotional, etc... all of which lead to being illogical! <-- the typical voter

Enough said...


You are the typical; loser that listens to the Soros establishment, CNN and BBC.

The people wanted something different, which is WHY they voted for trump, and they are getting a different leader who is keeping his promises and delivering the best results that were previously unheard of.

This guy is shooting some goals right now, in America and internationally.

The typical voter's are people like you. People who like taking it up the arse!

This guy said he is making America Great again. That is what he is doing and he is putting America first. The rest of us want to see America leading the way, with the EU and other allies. And we can rest easy for now because America means business. We don't want China, or Russia, or Iran, or any other fucked up totalitarian criminal State.

WE WANT THE USA! I felt so proud of America after I heard Trump's speech. I was so proud and so happy. I was just thinking to myself, Wow, this guy is amazing. God bless America. :lol:

And the entire world can breathe a sigh of relief.

BTW, all your heroes (INFOWARS) think Trump is brilliant too.

Let me put it to you this way. You have an unhealthy bias that is against the USA. You hate them. It wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ came to earth and became US president, you will always hate the US no matter what. You got issues and need to build a bridge mate. So much anger is unhealthy.

Ordinarily, a Trump would be your kind of leader.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23646
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Get Real! » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Paphitis, you’re too stupid to know if you’re coming or going... but don’t take it personal because most humans are like that.

It’s the reason I have no respect for democracy for it’s nothing but a cunning ploy for chaos to reign supreme.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Get Real! » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:49 pm

I suspect that democracy is Satan’s own handiwork.

Let’s face it... people like Trump wouldn’t even pass the most basic of aptitude tests; but then again I suspect that neither would you Paphitis, yet you both have the granted right to a vote, and a granted right to even nominate yourselves for presidential candidacy! <-- :shock: Well fancy that! :?

So how can we expect such a fallacious system with such utterly absurd foundations, to ever work? :?

When any Tom, Dick, or Harry has so many rights automatically granted without the slightest scrutiny... what were we thinking... we clearly weren’t!

But rights should be EARNED not granted, if we are to truly separate the men from the boys but alas... perhaps in another time and on another planet.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Get Real! wrote:Oh details details, STUD! :?

The electorate doesn't work like that at all! :roll:

Most of the electorate don't give a shit about facts... all they care about is BIG TALK during speeches, even if it's coming out the speaker's backside!

That's why corrupt and uneducated trash like Trump; and all those before him, thrive!

The political trash rule the dumb masses (the mass trash) and so it shall go until... planetary oblivion.


Agree with most of what you say, but what is now hurting many Americans is that while the rich got tax cuts, many ordinary and less well off Americans are paying an extra usd 4000 to 5000 per annum and are dumping trump.

I am otherwise not sure what Paphitis is on, beyond an ego trip, but it does seem to induce an altered state of perception...
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8304
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Trump is the best thing that has happened in this crazy world.

Paphitis, you are the typical voter that makes up the typical electorate by having all the “right” attributes including... ignorance, bias, hypocrisy, emotional, etc... all of which lead to being illogical! <-- the typical voter

Enough said...


You are the typical; loser that listens to the Soros establishment, CNN and BBC.

The people wanted something different, which is WHY they voted for trump, and they are getting a different leader who is keeping his promises and delivering the best results that were previously unheard of.

This guy is shooting some goals right now, in America and internationally.

The typical voter's are people like you. People who like taking it up the arse!

This guy said he is making America Great again. That is what he is doing and he is putting America first. The rest of us want to see America leading the way, with the EU and other allies. And we can rest easy for now because America means business. We don't want China, or Russia, or Iran, or any other fucked up totalitarian criminal State.

WE WANT THE USA! I felt so proud of America after I heard Trump's speech. I was so proud and so happy. I was just thinking to myself, Wow, this guy is amazing. God bless America. :lol:

And the entire world can breathe a sigh of relief.

BTW, all your heroes (INFOWARS) think Trump is brilliant too.

Let me put it to you this way. You have an unhealthy bias that is against the USA. You hate them. It wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ came to earth and became US president, you will always hate the US no matter what. You got issues and need to build a bridge mate. So much anger is unhealthy.

Ordinarily, a Trump would be your kind of leader.


Trump promised no car plants would close... not quite correct
Trump promised he would reduce Government debt, not quite correct,
Trump promised he would not have time to play Golf...he is on track to pass the number of golf games played by Obama in about a third of the time,
The Tarrifs are already hurting American farmers and industry, eg Harley Davidson,
He is lying about his contacts with Russia, and before he was nominated was taking up his reltionship with Putin, stablemates on 60m, now (like Peter) , he denies the relationship,
And Mexico is not paying for the wall.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8304
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Paphitis wrote:STUD,

you can manipulate statistics all you like, but a wall will make it harder to traffic people (illegal immigrants) and harder to traffic narcotics.

I got nothing against Mexico as a Nation. In fact I quite like Mexico and I like the Latin American culture too. But they do have very dangerous gangs and cartels in Mexico. this is an undeniable fact.

So America has every right to build that wall. And this wall will reduce the number of illegal crossings and probably reduce the amount of narcotics in circulation. How much, no one really knows.

But I have yet not heard of a good argument against this wall. Just lunatic leftist hysteria.

Back to the economy. Yes he has boatsed that more Americans are in work. But the boasts are more about the acceleration in the US economies growth. It is now the leading economy in the world in terms of growth. that is a fact, and it has nothing to do with population growth. It may have something to do with the fact that thousands of US businesses are moving their manufacturing back to the USA, creating 600,000 manufacturing jobs, among other things.

This is WHY the establishment are trying to discredit him. So that the corporates can go back to exploiting cheap labor.

Overall his speech was brilliant. I believe he has the next election in the bag.

His speech was also reassuring to the rest of the world, that the USA will REMAIN the leader and bastion of the free world. This is what the entire world wants and needs.


https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work
https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/border-agent-explains-to-trump-why-a-wall-won-t-solve-the-problem-1.6831070
https://qz.com/1521310/a-forensic-engineer-calls-trumps-wall-a-monumental-waste-of-time/

Three good ones there...Drugs often come in by ship and boat, going round the end of any wall, the USCG takes tonnes and tonnes with a massive street value..
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8304
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: TRUMP: What a President, what a Statesman

Postby Lordo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:09 am

cartels are not stupid. they know if they take drugs through anywhere, they are like to be stolen from them. it is far cheaper to take them through official border locations so they can bribe border guards and get them not just safely through but with an escort.

stupid people believe what this man says. he is as straight as a 10 bob note.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11937
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests