The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Assange arrested!

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Assange arres

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 am

Londonrake wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

No, Moscow obviously had nothing to do with the running of Poland after WW2. I imagine if they’d had a say things would have been much better. You’ve painted such a benevolent picture of them. :wink:

I take it anyway that we’re talking about different Russians? You know, different from the ones that invaded Poland from the east, concurrent with the nazis from the west, in 1939? That being in part the invasion brought about by German (propaganda inspired) outrage at the stories of Polish abuse of the ethnic German minority. Mmmm - now where have I recently heard.............:lol:

Or perhaps, the Russians that held their forces back whilst the Nazis eliminated or dragged into terminal captivity the 300,000 - 400,000 residents of the Warsaw ghetto, after the uprising.

Also they were probably completely different from the Russians who executed 22,000 Polish officers and intelligentsia at Katyn in 1940.

All Russophobia again of course. :wink: :D


Oh yeh, the Russians were not bad guys.

Tell that to the Poles, Hungarians and Czechs. Not to mention the Lithuanians and Latvians and quite obviously the Ukrainians. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:26 am

Londonrake wrote:RH:

If an application for extradition from the US were agreed and Assange is indeed a journalist, carrying out reasonably related activities, then his rights would be fully protected under the First Amendment. Sorry, I know asking that you momentarily climb down from the conspiracy theory/hatred of the Great Satan POV presents a dilemma. I sympathise. In such a case though there would be no shortage of extremely competent attorneys in the US that would fall over themselves to try to make mincemeat of any such accusations. It would be a globally televised case which would make such a lawyer as famous and wealthy as Robert Kardashian became in the O J Simpson trial. The US legal system isn't like the Russian one, after all. :wink:

However, the sheer volume of material WikiLeaks published in 2010 clearly endangered good people, in particular the confidential sources who spoke with U.S. diplomats with the expectation that their conversations would remain secret. Assange dismissed that danger saying if the sources were killed, "they had it coming because they were informants". What a lovely - comfortably home at the keyboard - man. Get it? :wink:

In 2016, Wickileaks published hacked emails from Hilary Clinton (charming lady) and Democratic party officials. Clearly demonstrating a plan to undermine Bernie Sanders run for the Democratic nomination. It's considered likely (and as such would have to be proven in court) that Assange received that information from the Russians, using him as a third party outlet (well, just like you!). Those revelations are almost certain to have led to Clinton's Presidential run failure (thank you so much Julian!!!!).

In 2017 Assange published a series of articles about CIA programs which allowed them to hack into cars, phones and other devices. Although revealing that capability counted as a news story the publication was in essence an attack. It destroyed an arsenal of cyber-weapons by alerting adversaries to the weaknesses that they needed to patch. Whatever your conspiracy theory view, in reality it left us all in the west more prone to attacks by the likes of savvy IT radical Islamists. People will in all likelihood have lost their lives because of it. Perhaps they had it coming though.

In 2006 Assange pontificated that "Our primary targets are those highly oppressive regimes in China, Russia and Central Eurasia." . That isn't what happened though - at all - ever. In 2016 he published the (alleged) fruits of Russian hacking in order for them to influence the outcome of the US election. A year later he disarmed key tools of the CIA designed to prevent such hacks and to reveal the plans of organisations and personnel whose modus operandi and motives were to attack the west.

If Assange comes before a US court, in a trial which will surely receive world-wide coverage, either those accusations will be proven or not. The idea that he's being dragged off to undergo a Soviet/Chinese show trial, which will sentence him to death by prior, secret agreement, is funny to a road runner cartoon level. Not of course to conspiracy theorists though. I'm amazed you can't see that. Ohh, hang on, on second thoughts, actually I'm not. :lol:

Assange isn't a hero. He's a man caught up in his own megalomaniac delusions. Moreover, he's an alleged rapist.

Enough? :?

Do feel free to blank out the awkward bits.


yes the true measuring stick. Which legal system would you prefer?

An American one or a Russian One? :lol:

When I last checked, cement boots were not on the Yanky statutes! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby Londonrake » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Javid signs extradition order. Decision now with courts:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... tion-order

.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Failing to reply in detail to your posts ... sorry

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Completely off-thread ..... but who gives a toss? :roll:
LR:
Usual strategy - blank out anything "awkward". That's a marvelous mental gift you have. I think it speaks for itself though.

.... and you don’t do this of course? :lol:

So let’s disseminate this one paragraph rant ............ as it seems that is what you want, an explanation! Although I suspect for you it will be a TLDR ,,,,, even though you complain when you don’t get your explanation.
One of my main beefs with you is your sycophantic attitude to the great Vladimir Putin. A much maligned man who can do no wrong it seems.

No, let us just say that so far I have seen very little in Ukraine or Syria that condemns Putin and shows him to be the monster you seem to think he is.

Land grabs in the Ukraine .... really? You mean Crimea of course? Let’s look at a few simple facts?

• The elected Ukraine President was overthrown after a coup organised and funded by the US. The extreme right wing fascist government, that was unelected, was recognised within 24 hours by the US'

• The US backed unelected government set out to destroy all things Russian; Radio.TV Stations, newspapers etc. They banned Russian language on all legal documents and the teaching of Russian in schools.

• They threatened to take the autonomy from Crimea and take back the Russian Base at Sevastopol even though the Russians had an agreement with the elected government to remain by treaty for another 40(?) years.

• Russia had by agreement 18,000 military in Sevastopol .... by treaty they could have up to 25,000.

• When the Ukraine Military started to move against Crimea (and of course Donetz and Luhansk) the Crimean government called a referendum on whether to leave Ukraine and chose independence or not.

The Russians now committed an absolutely unforgivable crime! Contrary to the terms of the treaty the Russian Military left the Sevastopol enclave and locked down the Ukraine military in their barracks. This terrible and illegal action pissed off the illegal regime but more than likely saved hundreds if not thousands, of lives. Resulting Death and Destruction = ZERO!

• The Crimean’s had their vote and decided, as an autonomous region with their own government and administration, to exercise their right to self determination and break away from Ukraine as an independent state.

• The US did not recognise the votes of some 97%(?) of the population in favour, even though observers from several countries decided it was a free and fair referendum.

• Encouraged by the US stance, the unelected fascist regime further threatened Crimea, so they then had a second referendum on whether to ask Russia to annex Crimea into the Russian Federation as an independent State.

• The vote once again was overwhelmingly with over 90^in favour and again the US refused to accept the Crimean’s choice and said that Russia had invaded and annexed Crimea ........ which anyone capable of recognising the obvious would realise was not quite the truth!

But .... if you mean Eastern Ukraine what applied in Crimea could not legally apply there as they were not an autonomous regions ..... but breakaway regions seeking independence from a threatening illegal government in Ukraine.

• Did the Russians invade Eastern Ukraine? NO!

• Did they support the rebels? YES! But never used their airpower to attack Ukraine Fascist Battalions (Azof?) to level the playing field.

• Did they arm the rebels? Yes .... to a degree but if you followed the MoA site you would also be aware that the rebels ‘kettled’ the Ukraine forces and, when surrounded, they were given the option; leave your weapons and walk away or stand and fight. 90%+ went for the first option. Hence the rebels got most of the small arms, artillery, armoured cars, tanks and ammunition for free from the Ukraine military.

So ..... no invasion there then? :roll:

....... and Georgia.

• UN and EU investigations found that Georgia was responsible for starting the war!

• UN and EU both split the war into two phases.

• Firstly, the above and declared Russia’s response as legal as they were attacked so it was a defensive action.

• The second part when Russia decided to attack Georgia they deemed it as excessive retaliation not an unjustified act of war.

• The Russian forces pulled out within 5 days ....... end of conflict.

• The US version of the above ignores the first part and starts when Russia retaliated and uses the second part to accuse Russia of being the aggressor.

So ..... no land grab there either! :roll:

Please explain ...... if the US and its NATO allies refuse to accept the democratic will of the peoples of Crimea and South Ossetia ......... how do you justify the US recognising the Israeli annexation of The Syrian Golan through an illegal act of war with no democratic process? An annexation that I think has only been recognised by the US and Israel?

Civilian aircraft blown out of the sky
........ you mean MH17?

• You made your mind up on that the day it happened when Kerry said the US has compelling evidence it was carried out by Russia. That was all you needed to convince you ..... why wait for the evidence? The problem I had then and still have, is that this ‘compelling’ evidence has never been revealed!

• The Ukrainians have never released the ATC and RADAR recordings of the day and, even though the complete manufacturing and supply records of the BUK missile have been provided, showing the missile to have been in the Ukraine military inventory ....... the Dutch enquiry accepted Ukraine veto’s on any information released, most of the ‘evidence’ was supplied by BellingCat and the Malaysian government were kept out of the loop completely ..... and are not happy about that.

To me that looks more like a kangaroo court than a serious investigation ! I think we should wait to accuse until ALL the evidence is revealed! I won’t be holding my breath for that to happen! :roll:

Assassination teams committing murder, or attempting to, against dissident voices in other countries. Sometimes recklessly using exotic and extremely toxic poisons.

• Of course ..... how stupid of the Russians! All they had to do was either kill him in Russia when they had the chance or fake a burglary gone wrong in Salisbury!

• Your opinion is based wholly on the official story.

• I have explained to you in detail how the accusation against the two Russian Agents, using just official information released up to that time, proved they could not have been responsible. The time line didn’t fit!

• Since then of course the official story has changed again ........ the Skripal's didn’t get the Novichoc when they left early morning, the Assasins put it on the door handle around Midday. (Problem? How did they know the Skripals would return then mor at all ?) ....... another complete balls-up by Teresa May, Boris Jonson and MI6.

• And STILL no reports on the whereabouts of the Skripals .......... now, no doubt you would have an explanation if this was in Russia ........ but, IN THE UK and no sign of them? Maybe they will find their bodies in the Red Lake outside Nicosia?

The regular bombing of civilians in Syria ........


• Unfortunately civilians do get killed in wars, it seems more civilians die these days that the brave military!

• The death toll in Aleppo was significantly less than that due to the US coalition air attacks in Mosul. There was a crack down on reporting in Mosul by the US coalition but in Aleppo Western independent journalists were going in behind the SAA.

• The stories that came out of Aleppo when it was freed from the rebels (Terrorists) the US coalition supported and armed were vastly different to those reported by the Western MSM.

• The Syrians welcomed the Assad Forces, the Russians, Iranians and even Hezbollah. I don’t see the MSM showing these scenes .......only White Hemet theatricals and Bellingcat reports. Where were all the grateful Syrians waving US and NATO flags? I am sure if that had happened it would have made the front page of The Telegraph!

......... in order to keep a butchering dictator in power.

• Once again of course that is all accusation with little of substance to support it.

• I referenced CAESAR and his 50.000 photos of Assad’s torture victims (of course he didn’t respond) that turned out to be photos stolen from several Government hospital morgues, of unidentified bodies. Taken to keep a record where victims were not able to be immediately identified.

• The wild and unsubstantiated accusations, except by the terrorists, White Helmets and BellingCat, of Assad gassings of his own people (how illogical is that?) now also turns out to be questionable as The OPCW have been caught out ‘adjusting’ their reports by omission! Adjusting the facts to create the desired story? Tut-tut!

........ that, to secure Russia's only Med military bases, whilst destabilising the EU by promoting a flood of millions of refugees.

• At least Russia is there by invitation to help protect the Syrians from another US inspired regime change.

• Who, or by what authority, did the US and partners consider they did not need to comply with International Laws and Conventions and invaded Syria without invitation, authority or reason ...... and, as a bonus, the US effectively annexing the eastern side of the country ..... which incidentally is where most of the oil is ?

• Often referred to as a ‘civil war’ which it isn’t and never was, it is a massively foreign insurgency funded by the Sunni Arab States, the US/UK and allies, the EU and of course we can’t forget Australia!

........ Industrial scale exploitation of online western media, including "independent" sites of course.

• Really? Anything to back that or is it just your anti-Russian ‘blame Putin for everything’ paranoia kicking in as it usually does when you see/hear/read something that conflicts with your strongly held opinion?

• You may regard every independent news site or journalist as straight out of the Russian Troll Factory in St.Petersberg ...... but then you would, wouldn’t you?

• Had you followed up on my OP on reliable independent news sources, like 20 people did on another forum when I posted the identical OP ......... you would realize HOW the Russians have got the edge. You should read it ...... because the reason they beat the west for propaganda is what I realised a long time ago!

• It is not what the western press tells you that is the problem, it is what they DON’T tell you and that is where the Russians fill in the gaps! That discredits the MSM, especially as the Russian additions are invariably all provable! and linked.

Cyber attacks, aimed at influencing political outcomes in the West.

• You mean like the US elections, the Brexit Referendum and no doubt he Conservative leader votes to make sure that Corbyn is never elected into power ...... oh, no sorry :oops: ......... that was Mike ‘we-never-interfere-in- other-peoples-elections’ Pompeo ......... not interfering in UK elections! :roll:

........ GRU teams caught red-handed attempting to hack into sensitive western IT systems.

• Wow ..... that’s a new one on me! When and where did that happen?

• Surely not the hacking of the DNC Data Base? That once again turned out to be wrong and was an inside job as the data was copied onto a USB stick ..... proved by the speed of the download.


Well ..... good job I had a free day, back ache and it threatens to rain ....... otherwise I could have avoided explaining the reason I hold Putin in much higher regard than ANY western leaders. :D

Xi Jinping is another who seems to know what he is about. He is running circles round the US in Africa! China builds infrastructure like roads, schools, hospitals, housing estates, water treatment plants, power stations, airports and railways by loaning them Yuan they then repay with valuable resources.

The US builds military bases, arms and supports any despot that will hand over their countries resources to US Corporations all funded in US dollars borrowed from the IMF.
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3618
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby Londonrake » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Firstly, do you really expect me to answer that? :lol: Sorry about the bad back BTW.

I bet though, it made you feel good to sit down and write it all. Do you still not see? :roll: So few talk to you, in any meaningful way. Perhaps you should ask yourself why and of course appreciate Paphitis and myself more.

TLDR? No. Why? Because I like my plate of ribs too much. :lol:

You've done what you always do. Bludgeon, bludgeon, bludgeon. I've seen so many lose the will to live because of it. :wink: I've watched you bludgeon some poor sod for over a year, until he finally gave up, exhausted. Crawling off to die quietly. :lol: I imagine you've always felt afterwards that the eventual lack of response equates to "shooting them down" as you say. :roll: But you're wrong - that's not at all the case. In fact, what it really adds up to is that you've lost the argument. I've never called it debate or discussion because it's neither. You're simply not interested in anybody else's views and never have been.

Just about everything you've written has come straight out of the Moscow propaganda hand book on the Crimean annexation. As always, you maintain your 100% record of supporting Russia, in everything they've done (whilst of course "thinking outside the box" :roll: ). I've little doubt that if there were a war tomorrow, involving the UK and Russia, whatever the circumstances, which side you'd be cheering on. You get away with it in here because of the forum's nature. I wonder though, if you were a Cypriot, praising another dictator - Erdogan - and 100% supporting his every action, just how that would go down. Because basically, for a Brit to do what you get up to amounts to the same thing. Didn't the Turks carry out a similar land-grab here? Which you once said should be recognised internationally if there were a Crimea style "referendum" :lol: in the north accepting it. Well, what's the difference?

Looking at the big picture though (rather than your normal penchant for minutia) Russia seized and annexed part of another country. There's absolutely no difference between what happened in the Crimea to Hitler's swallowing up the Sudentenland region of what was then Czechoslovakia and - having been appeased at Munich on that - going on to grab Austria for the Reich. The same rationale was employed with the same blitz of propaganda. Protecting an ethnic minority, which was apparently under attack from national "extremists" :roll: That's precisely the line Goebbels swamped German and international media with. Those who forget are doomed to................... and we have! IIIRC very few, if any at all, were actually killed prior to the Russian intervention. As of today 10,000 have died and about 2 million civilians have been displaced. Russia continues to deliberately promote conflict in eastern Ukraine to this day. That, in order to destabilise the country.

Also - and here your double values and usual hypocrisy shine through. Russian actions in the Crimea were entirely against international law. That which you so frequently spout righteously about regarding their involvement in Syria but choose to ignore in this case or, for instance, when the Chinese break it in the South China Sea. Like your occasional use of the UN, when convenient - there's good, acceptable, bits and bad, obviously ridiculous, bits - depending on how you personally interpret them of course.

I have some Zambian friends with a place out here. We meet up a couple of times a year. Your view of Chinese activities in their part of the world is naive - in extremis.

When Brenton Tarrant massacred 51 people in Christchurch, in the subsequent investigation it was discovered that he spent several hours a day reading articles on right wing anti-Muslim websites and was actively engaged in related forum discussions. In essence he became self-radicalised to the point of mental unhingement. Whilst I'm not suggesting you are about to grab your trusty cross bow and go murder a bunch of totally innocent people I will float this idea for consideration - that you seem to have a similar problem when it comes to your quite rabid view of the US and West - gained from your very myopic "independent" reading sources. You know, the ones where absolutely every article is anti-west. You never seem to want to acknowledge that simple reality for some reason.

In a nutshell, you really should try to get out more, or you could end up developing mental problems. Aka, go a tad bonkers. I hear back ache is another symptom. :wink:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby Londonrake » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Just passing by here. :D

I wonder, in the light of the last, what Mrs Hood, a delightful Polish lady, might think of your slavish devotion (100% record of “thinking outside the box” :lol: ) to all things Russian. :wink:

Off for lunch now .....................


Yeh exactly right.

haven't met too many Poles or eastern Europeans that are in any way shape or form fans of Russia. :lol:

That is another culture I like - I do like the Polish Community.

In fact I use to play Football for a Polish Team in Australia and loved it very much. So I got heavily invested in the Polish Community.


Have you met any who think of the Russians as "The good guys"? :?

I knew quite a few Lithuanians in London. To a man they despised Russians.

I think anyone who's in love with the race should be forced to spend a couple of weeks in a hotel full of them. I'd bet my shirt they'd come out of that cured. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then again, perhaps the Polish people long for the old days? Rather than have to put up with the explosion of national wealth and freedom that they've experienced since 1993.

There's nothing like a good day's food queuing, after all.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:58 pm

...and yet, he cheats at sports, really good at murdering opponents, has a "thing" with gays, and is the head of a kleptocracy that does not allow for individual enterprise unnoticed. If there wasn't men as dangerous as him, as Leaders, he would be the most dangerous; that these men bicker among themselves is worrisome enough, it is the fear of them coming together, where a man like Assange is welcomed, because he can expose this malice against 'us'.

...keeping to the topic, who is Assange? What are his motives given his efforts from the advent, with Wikileaks, to now?

...can we expect other big dumps in the future, when extradition looms closer?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8614
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:37 am

LR: ........ 12/6/19
Usual strategy - blank out anything "awkward". That's a marvelous mental gift you have. I think it speaks for itself though.

Is that not exactly what you are doing here? I notice you did not give any explanation for why it is OK for Israel to annex Syrian Golan through an act of war, but it is wrong for the people of Crimea to ask Russia to annex them through a democratic vote as an act of self determination. I have explained to you why ...... now it’s your turn! :roll:

LR: .......... 13/6/19
Firstly, do you really expect me to answer that?

No you never have in the past ... because you always ‘blank out anything awkward’ and avoid explanation by blaming it all on ‘..........Just about everything you've written has come straight out of the Moscow propaganda hand book.’

LR: ............. 13/6/19
You've done what you always do. Bludgeon, bludgeon, bludgeon.

Make up your mind! If I don’t reply in detail ..... I am ‘blanking out’! If I do reply in detail I am ‘ bludgeoning’! Or am I just giving you something to spout about by even bothering to acknowledge your posts? Because it appears that the single topic you spend more time shouting about than the content of any OP’s is ..... ME?

Actually, I don’t see many people talking to you either ..... except Paphitis, with whom you seem to agree on just about everything by default as you never question him at all on his extremist views. :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3618
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Back to the thread of the OP ..............

IMO: A very well expressed view about Assange and other Journalists/Publishers and whistle blowers .... and the guy at least has the background and credentials to validate his opinion.

The Thought Police Are Coming - By Chris Hedges.

Chris Hedges gave this talk Tuesday, June 11, at an event held in London in support of Julian Assange.

Quote from the article ......

None of these war crimes, and hundreds more reported to the U.S. military but never investigated, would have been made public without Julian, Chelsea Manning and WikiLeaks. That is the role of journalists—to give a voice to those who without us would have no voice, to hold the powerful to account, to give the forgotten and the demonized justice, to speak the truth.

We have watched over the last decade as freedom of the press and legal protection for those who expose government abuses and lies have been obliterated by wholesale government surveillance and the criminalizing of the leaking and, with Julian’s persecution, publication of these secrets. The press has been largely emasculated in the United States.

The repeated use of the Espionage Act, especially under the Obama administration, to charge and sentence whistleblowers has shut down our ability to shine a light into the inner workings of power and empire. Governmental officials with a conscience, knowing all of their communications are monitored, captured and stored by intelligence agencies, are too frightened to reach out to reporters. The last line of defense lies with those with the skills that allow them to burrow into the records of the security and surveillance state and with the courage to make them public, such as Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning and Jeremy Hammond, now serving a 10-year prison term in the United States for hacking into the Texas-based private security firm Strategic Forecasting Inc., or Stratfor. The price of resistance is high not only for them, but for those such as Julian willing to publish this information. As Sarah Harrison has pointed out: “This is our data, our information, our history. We must fight to own it.”

The full article .........

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51763.htm
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3618
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Assange arrested!

Postby Londonrake » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Robin Hood wrote:LR: ........ 12/6/19
Usual strategy - blank out anything "awkward". That's a marvelous mental gift you have. I think it speaks for itself though.

Is that not exactly what you are doing here? I notice you did not give any explanation for why it is OK for Israel to annex Syrian Golan through an act of war, but it is wrong for the people of Crimea to ask Russia to annex them through a democratic vote as an act of self determination. I have explained to you why ...... now it’s your turn! :roll:

LR: .......... 13/6/19
Firstly, do you really expect me to answer that?

No you never have in the past ... because you always ‘blank out anything awkward’ and avoid explanation by blaming it all on ‘..........Just about everything you've written has come straight out of the Moscow propaganda hand book.’

LR: ............. 13/6/19
You've done what you always do. Bludgeon, bludgeon, bludgeon.

Make up your mind! If I don’t reply in detail ..... I am ‘blanking out’! If I do reply in detail I am ‘ bludgeoning’! Or am I just giving you something to spout about by even bothering to acknowledge your posts? Because it appears that the single topic you spend more time shouting about than the content of any OP’s is ..... ME?

Actually, I don’t see many people talking to you either ..... except Paphitis, with whom you seem to agree on just about everything by default as you never question him at all on his extremist views. :roll:


Asked repeatedly about the partisan nature of your "independent" sites and how they can possibly be regarded as objective and - blank.

Pointing out exact parallels between what Russia has done in the Ukraine with the Nazi's land grabs and - blank.

Pointing out your hypocrisy wrt International Law and - blank.

Pointing out the same hypocrisy when you're dismissive of anybody's reference to the MSM, whilst you use it yourself and - blank.

When asked repeatedly for you to support your accusation that Israel's threatened to use nuclear weapons on Iran - blank.

When you're clearly proven wrong on an issue - Syria's chemical weapons - the US and Israel "secretly" using nuclear weapons in the ME - captured NATO officers in Syria.There are a good few more etc's on that list - blank.

When asked how Russia's actions in the Crimea are different from Turkey's in Cyprus - blank.

Conversely, I've made my views crystal clear on the illegal annexation of part of another country by Russia. That's not blanking. There is no justification, legally or morally. That's an opinion shared by an awful lot of people in the world. However, I'm not falling for your trick of being dragged down into the long grass to an endless bludgeoning exchange - on your terms. Example? You believe that the USA murdered 3500 people in Manhattan 2001 in order to justify spending $2 trillion on "stealing Iraq's oil". They could have bought the freakin' country's entire stock of oil for that. :roll: Completely disregarding the evidence of your own eyes and of course, common sense (as always) you dragged the thread down to a debate about Newton's Laws and how it "proved" that 7WTC was in fact destroyed by demolition charges and thus American complicity in the atrocity. Barking mad. You did exactly the same thing with the Skripal thread. Relying not on a sound, given and take, debate but people being bludgeoned into simply losing the will to live.

Rather than actually answer awkward points raised you usually rush off in search of "equivalence" proffering it as a reason for not addressing the issue at hand. Here with the Golan Heights, which has FA to do with the (off topic) subject under discussion, Russia's illegal annexation of the Crimea. Prior to 1967 the Syrians would regularly rain shells down upon northern Israeli settlements. Israel simply has no security if the Golan is in the hands of a hostile nation which does such things, whilst it concurrently preaches the destruction of the Jewish nation. I can't find any reference to similar actions in the Crimea. As "equivalence" it sucks.

Another example is when I posted "Merry Christmas from North Korea" a few years ago. That pertaining to their exploding a nuclear device in mid December. In contravention of numerous UN resolutions but let's not go there, as I'm sure they're ones that you find unacceptable. You rushed off, frantically searching, coming back with an "equivalence". You found an article in an obscure publication concerning the Mayor of Hiroshima complaining about the USA, testing a conventional detonator for nukes in a bottomless pit in a remote corner of Nevada. To you that was in some way equivalent to a rogue state, headed by a vicious dictator with questionable mental health, demonstrating its ability to vapourise London/New York/Paris. :lol:

You've bludgeoned umpteen people over the years, to the point where they have simply had enough and given up. Hasn't ever worked with me. TBH, I'm disappointed that, despite all the years of experience, you still haven't hoisted on board that in fact it's counterproductive.

Frankly, I couldn't give a rat's arse if you, or for that matter anybody else, ignores my posts. You're not a reasonable person on the net and consequently from a long time ago it's been quid pro quo. Although, I will never reach your dizzy heights. I suspect though that you have a different view regarding how your efforts are received and would actually like your posts to make an impact, resulting in reasonable exchanges - rather than be ignored. I would say - try being reasonable - but that possibility is I think long, long past and to you an alien concept.

I think if you're concerned about "extremist views" you've been looking in the wrong direction.

Anyway, I hope the back's improved. :D

Back to the OP.

Did you get the bit about Javid signing the extradition order for Assange. Which is now in the hands of the courts? :?
Last edited by Londonrake on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest