The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Kikapu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:07 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:kakpoo

you really have not got a clue. un has already told groc they cannot extract without an agreement. if they try terggy will have a free hand in international law. what happened when they blocked eni from drilling. what consequences were there, bugger all. so it is your ass indeed, the trouble is you confuse your ass with your mouth.

interesting that eni in tergish sounds like enai and thats exactly what you is my friend.

Unless there is a UNSC resolution to prevent the RoC from extracting hydrocarbons from it’s own EEZ before a settlement, it is not worth discussing what some pencil pusher at U.N. might have said. So Lordo, do have anything in writing from the UNSC?

Who cares about ENI being blocked by Turkey? That was a set up deal between Erdogan and Italy for some back room deal between them as Erdogan was visiting Italy a week earlier. Why didn’t Turkey also block the Exxon Mobil drill ship few weeks later, which went on to find a huge reserve in hydrocarbons. Let me guess, no balls. The

The EU will punish Turkey for her illegal drilling, and if Turkey sends the refugees to the EU with boats causing many to drown, the EU will just send them back to Turkey since Turkey already signed the right of return back to Turkey from the EU. The EU will then close all borders with Turkey. The EU can also close it’s airspace to Turkish Airlines. Turkey will lose it’s shirt. But best of all, As soon as Turkey finds any hydrocarbons in the RoC’s EEZ, it will be licensed to ExxonMobil to extract it. Let’s see Turkey block Exxon Mobil and see what is going to happen.

Lordo, if you were a chess player, not even a good player, you should be able to see what the Americans and the Russians are doing to Turkey. Turkey is being set up by both the players to bring Turkey down hard. The set up game has been going on for awhile, but the pieces are being moved into place to “check-mate” Turkey sooner or later. The final play would require Turkey to be kicked out of NATO, and then the game will be over for Turkey as she won’t have the “one for all and all for one” any longer once out of the NATO club, then the “vultures” will start circling to go for the kill.

don't you worry, let mobil take anything out for sale and see what happens. you will see who america and eu will side with. terggy has as much right if not more to the resources in the northeastern med. that is a fact and also has a claim to half the agean too. why do you think greece have not even drilled to see if they have any resources? because they know very well shit will hot the fan. gcs are just too dum believing that others will come to her aid buuuuuuuuuuut just like 1974 when push comes to shove they will ve fuired over like they di in 74 with nobody lift as much as a finger to help. uk told them to behave too. but you cannot teach old dogs new tricks. they wil act as stupid every time. and of course innocent people on both sides will suffer but it has to happen once in a while.


Greece is waiting for Turkey to get kicked out of NATO before drilling with International companies. ExxonMobil will take the Hydrocarbons to the surface as soon as a method is chosen to deliver it to whichever country is going to. You put too much faith in Turkey’s ability to beat up everyone. :lol:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15293
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Lordo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:38 pm

it grieves me to se you be so ignorant of the facts. read and learn

https://ipolitics.ca/2016/03/16/what-would-it-take-to-kick-turkey-out-of-nato/

now this bit makes very interesting reading but i don't want my sheepriot friends to do something stupid like jumping off a building becasue of it

Enjoy

<<<< A question now is whether Turkey should — or could — be either suspended or expelled from NATO. Strangely, perhaps, when NATO was formed at the outset of the Cold War in 1949 no mechanism was put in place to oust recalcitrant members. It seemed obvious to the 11 original members that they were all upright nations pursing the same goals and values. The fact that Turkey never lived up to this testimonial was overlooked — even when Turkey invaded Cyprus in 1974 — because of the large size of its military and its strategic position in containing the Soviet Union.

Erdoğan’s regime probably will avoid any censure from NATO now for similar reasons. The United States and other NATO partners still see Turkey as an essential bulwark against Moscow.

But for Europe, the outflow from the Syrian civil war means that Turkey is the indispensable partner in efforts to curb and control the flow of refugees from the war zone.

On Thursday and Friday, the 28 members of the European Union are due to meet to ratify an agreement with Ankara. Under this deal Turkey says it will control the flow into Europe of Syrian refugees from among the two million in its camps in return for the equivalent of about $9 billion in aid.

In addition, Turkey’s 75 million citizens will get visa-free access to Europe, and the process for Turkey’s entry into the EU will be accelerated.>>>>>

I know this was written in 2016 but nothing has changed since.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:50 am

...right, nothing has changed.

Erdogan will respect the Ankara Protocol for one thing, recognising Cyprus. It then may deal for a share of the gas, as a customer, a seat at the Energy Forum as an equal, and Visa Free travel, by respecting the EU and its integrity, for its Citizens.

The question is can Turkey leave NATO? If not, except by hostile means, she will have to fight all the members as they are bound to defend each other. Would Russia help, her? Why would she?

Turkey must face its own stagnation. "Turkishness" as a dogma does not fit a world more Humaine without adapting to the possibility of Peace; Peace, that is to say a world where people do not fight each other, but real enemies, where Hatred has a hallowed place, against Hunger, Ignorance, and Disease.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9797
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Maximus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:55 am

Cap wrote:
Maximus, you're wasting your time with Anatolian nationalist extremists.
Lordo's obsession with Cyprus and Cypriots (and rightfully so) is fear.


You are 110% right.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Maximus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:05 am

You hope it doesn’t come to sanctions lordo,

51% of turkeys exports goes to the EU.

Erdogan is playing the big man when he is really a straw man.

If there was a smart person running turkey, They would get the Fock out of Cyprus and try and cut a deal for a pipeline and more trade.

Turn political and economic losses in to political and economic wins.

It’s simply not worth it to pay the tc to maintain illegal occupation in return for political and economic catharsis.

No one wants turkeys citizens roaming around Europe visa free when she doesn’t adhere to the eu acquis. But instead makes threats and harasses it members.

Turkey needs to change from the bottom up and top down.

But Turks prove themselves time and time again that they violate other people’s human rights and behave like a rogue state.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Kikapu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:55 am

Lordo wrote:it grieves me to se you be so ignorant of the facts. read and learn

https://ipolitics.ca/2016/03/16/what-would-it-take-to-kick-turkey-out-of-nato/

now this bit makes very interesting reading but i don't want my sheepriot friends to do something stupid like jumping off a building becasue of it

Enjoy

<<<< A question now is whether Turkey should — or could — be either suspended or expelled from NATO. Strangely, perhaps, when NATO was formed at the outset of the Cold War in 1949 no mechanism was put in place to oust recalcitrant members. It seemed obvious to the 11 original members that they were all upright nations pursing the same goals and values. The fact that Turkey never lived up to this testimonial was overlooked — even when Turkey invaded Cyprus in 1974 — because of the large size of its military and its strategic position in containing the Soviet Union.

Erdoğan’s regime probably will avoid any censure from NATO now for similar reasons. The United States and other NATO partners still see Turkey as an essential bulwark against Moscow.

But for Europe, the outflow from the Syrian civil war means that Turkey is the indispensable partner in efforts to curb and control the flow of refugees from the war zone.

On Thursday and Friday, the 28 members of the European Union are due to meet to ratify an agreement with Ankara. Under this deal Turkey says it will control the flow into Europe of Syrian refugees from among the two million in its camps in return for the equivalent of about $9 billion in aid.

In addition, Turkey’s 75 million citizens will get visa-free access to Europe, and the process for Turkey’s entry into the EU will be accelerated.>>>>>

I know this was written in 2016 but nothing has changed since.


Lordo, two weeks is a long time in politics, and you are showing us a report from 3 years ago? You can’t be that desperate to post some “happy news” about Turkey, are you? :D

So Lordo, how are those 75 (82 now) million Turks enjoying visa free travel to Europe and also becoming EU citizens going?

When the time comes and Turkey does not leave NATO freely, NATO will leave Turkey instead! Either way, Turkey will be toast.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15293
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Maximus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:11 am

Qatar has been quietly pulling out hundreds of millions from turkeys stock exchange.

https://ahvalnews.com/turkey-qatar/qata ... ket-report

After pledging to increase its investments to support the economy since last years lira crisis.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby B25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:11 am

Dear oh dear, you will really be upsetting Lordo now!! Who still thinks the sun shines out of Turkeys Ass!

May there me many more like this as this is the only way Erdocunt is going to be stopped.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6543
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Maximus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 am

I think the rot runs deeper than just erdogan, turkey has an army of minions that support people like him, and his disasters of foreign policy.

Those minions will turn on their own when erdogan instructs them to. He will probably be doing that soon to maintain his grip on power because he has polarized society and can’t stop the inevitable. which is a sovereign debt default and millions of people starving saddled with huge debt.

The eu probably doesn’t want to give him the excuse to blame them as foreign elements trying to overthrow him. Although, there might be a pinch of truth in it.

Warnings come first from eu then sanctions., us sanctions are already going to happen in a couple of weeks. The eu knows this and can kind of hide behind them.

It’s within reason to believe they are coordinating policy.

Worse case scenario for turkey is that it will be split several ways by the vultures to secure their economic and political interests in the region from erdogans delusions of grandeur.

Erdogan will help them unknowingly and go down in infamy as the man who destroy turkey.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: EU; that's gotta hurt. Turkey unhappy.

Postby Maximus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 am

Look at the image at the top of this article.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/06/18/gree ... st-turkey/

The“ tRnc” eez.

Their position on anything doesn’t stand to any logic or reason.

They are doing nothing but trying to harass and terrorize the gc.

What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is also mine.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests