The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Israel/Palestine .......

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Londonrake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Assad has an easier way of keeping them quiet.


I thought the thread was Israel/Palestine? Silly me! :roll:

You never miss an opportunity do you, to throw the thread off track when I post an inconvenient fact that shows Paphitis is full of shit! He has no response so he then parrots you ..... do you pay him or is he really that easily fooled?


What a hypocrite! Now, there’s a surprise. For nearly 10 years now, whenever you’ve had to face a tricky point, your first reaction has invariably been to rush off around the planet, looking for “equivalence”, rather than confront the issue. North Korea explodes a nuke. Rush, rush “Oh look what I’ve found, the US tested a conventional trigger for their missiles (in a bottomless Nevada pit) last week. See, equivalence!” :roll:

Last time I looked, Syria was a neighbour of Israel. Comparisons between the countries political systems are relevant and valid. Assad has been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of his own people. Literally millions have fled his dictatorship, effectively driven out. Happily watched by your pin up boy as they go off to destabilize Europe. A situation you’ve seemed entirely comfortable with and in fact have oft defended. Yes, it’s rank hypocrisy on your part to talk piously about your perception of deficiencies in the Knesset, whilst defending the butchering tyrant next door’s regime.

Paphitis speaks for himself. The only thing we really have in common is years of reading and taking issue with your efforts. I’ve said it before but you really should be more grateful. The vast majority of your stuff would have effectively been stillborn but for our help.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 pm

LR:
Your ability to distort any thread to suit your opinion never ceases to amaze me! And always driven by claims of my Hypocrisy ...... never yours! I look for credible information which almost always shows your expressed opinions are heavily biased and usually flawed. So seeing as how you think comparisons with Assad are perfectly justified ........

Before you make comments I think a reality check would be in order? :roll:

Do you remember your friend Paphitis expounding his views on this guy’s 50,000 very reliable sourced photos as being clear evidence of Assad’s war crimes? You clearly follow the same source for your opinions. Well guess what …… it was all bullshit and was exposed after a comprehensive investigation as being mostly the opposite of what Caesar claimed it to show as long ago as March 2016! He made a fool of YOU and Paphitis but you were not alone he also fooled the US and its allies, and the MSM that you rely upon so much.

Strange how slow you anti-Assad supporters are to comment when your propaganda turns out to be just that …… propaganda! In fact here you are two years after the report expounding the same propaganda.

MARCH 4, 2016

The Caesar Photo Fraud that Undermined Syrian Negotiations - by RICK STERLING

A 30 page investigative report on the “Caesar Torture Photos” has been released and is available online (here). The following is a condensed version of the report. Readers who are especially interested are advised to get the full report which includes additional details, photographs, sources and recommendations.

Introduction

There is a pattern of sensational but untrue reports that lead to public acceptance of US and Western military intervention in countries around the world:

Abridged version of 30 page report on Caesar’s photos ……….

https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/03/04/the-caesar-photo-fraud-that-undermined-syrian-negotiations/
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Londonrake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Another “Independent” outlet. :roll:

Like I said - Paphitis speaks for himself. You need to take up your joint issues with him and not me.

I stand by my post. To piously criticise the Israeli parliament and in almost the next breathe rush in to defend the actions of a butchering dictator like Assad is the height of hypocrisy.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:01 pm

LR:
I stand by my post. To piously criticise the Israeli parliament and in almost the next breathe rush in to defend the actions of a butchering dictator like Assad is the height of hypocrisy.


Oh sorry was it the wrong source for you? I don't think you will find that sort of inconvenient news in your MSM ...... well, maybe a single paragraph at the foot of the back inside pages.

You bought up Assad not me! I don't need to try and draw parallels when it comes to the excesses and war crimes of the Israeli government and its Zionist leader, it's all well documented ..... 70+ UN resolutions for a start ..... oh hang on! Of course as you pointed out before, that is just evidence of anti-Semitism ..... although I think you meant antisemitism?

BTW: Any thoughts on Grace II? I see the Courts had to let it leave as there was no evidence to support the UK claim that it was in breach of EU sanctions ..... as I pointed out to you some time ago! How embarrassing for the UK :oops: as it shows it WAS an act of piracy by the UK carried out on behalf of the US ! :wink: :D
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Londonrake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Robin Hood wrote:LR:
I stand by my post. To piously criticise the Israeli parliament and in almost the next breathe rush in to defend the actions of a butchering dictator like Assad is the height of hypocrisy.


Oh sorry was it the wrong source for you? I don't think you will find that sort of inconvenient news in your MSM ...... well, maybe a single paragraph at the foot of the back inside pages.

You bought up Assad not me! I don't need to try and draw parallels when it comes to the excesses and war crimes of the Israeli government and its Zionist leader, it's all well documented ..... 70+ UN resolutions for a start ..... oh hang on! Of course as you pointed out before, that is just evidence of anti-Semitism ..... although I think you meant antisemitism?

BTW: Any thoughts on Grace II? I see the Courts had to let it leave as there was no evidence to support the UK claim that it was in breach of EU sanctions ..... as I pointed out to you some time ago! How embarrassing for the UK :oops: as it shows it WAS an act of piracy by the UK carried out on behalf of the US ! :wink: :D


I've grown weary of your attempts to foist "independent" site articles on forums various over the years and, in the era when I actually investigated some, it turned out for good reason, too. You go there because they're places where you get the views you want. Confirmation bias. The expression "Independent" is a travesty and misnomer. They're output is almost exclusively anti-western tripe. "Independent?" :lol:

You use "Zionism" as a cover for your view of Jews. To you there are 6.5 million "Zionists" in Israel. It's the old Germanic "I've nothing against Jews. I used to go to school with one." I've watched your attitude to them over many years and know what I'm talking about. Your support of people like Ahmadinejad's views in the past have show you to be fundamentally an antisemitic person, whether you appreciate it or not and no matter how you want to mess about semantically with it. I can have a leaf through and quote some exchanges, if you're stuck.

Ahh! These are some of the "right" UN resolutions then, as opposed to the "wrong" ones on the likes of Russia grabbing chunks of neighbouring countries and China turning South China sea tidal reefs into military redoubts in order to claim 200 mile EEZ's around them. Let's not forget North Korea, another dictatorial, butchering Stalinist state that you act as cheerleader for. Obviously the appropriate UN resolutions on that place are in the "wrong" category. It goes on - etc, etc. You pick, choose and righteously proclaim UN resolutions which suit your agenda. Those that don't you pour scorn upon and choose to ignore. It's just another example of hypocrisy. Personally, I've consistently shown nothing but contempt for the organisation.

70 you say? I imagine that includes the 19 anti-Israel resolutions in 1994? The year that 800,000 were murdered in Rwanda and the UN said next to nothing. Get it? :roll:

As far as the Ghost goes you will find a post in the "Hallelujah - WW3's coming!" thread. But if my raising the subject of Syria, Israel's neighbour is wrong, isn't your doing so in this thread for that incident the same thing? :? What's that word again? You really can't help yourself - can you? :wink:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Paphitis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 am

Londonrake wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Assad has an easier way of keeping them quiet.


I thought the thread was Israel/Palestine? Silly me! :roll:

You never miss an opportunity do you, to throw the thread off track when I post an inconvenient fact that shows Paphitis is full of shit! He has no response so he then parrots you ..... do you pay him or is he really that easily fooled?


What a hypocrite! Now, there’s a surprise. For nearly 10 years now, whenever you’ve had to face a tricky point, your first reaction has invariably been to rush off around the planet, looking for “equivalence”, rather than confront the issue. North Korea explodes a nuke. Rush, rush “Oh look what I’ve found, the US tested a conventional trigger for their missiles (in a bottomless Nevada pit) last week. See, equivalence!” :roll:

Last time I looked, Syria was a neighbour of Israel. Comparisons between the countries political systems are relevant and valid. Assad has been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of his own people. Literally millions have fled his dictatorship, effectively driven out. Happily watched by your pin up boy as they go off to destabilize Europe. A situation you’ve seemed entirely comfortable with and in fact have oft defended. Yes, it’s rank hypocrisy on your part to talk piously about your perception of deficiencies in the Knesset, whilst defending the butchering tyrant next door’s regime.

Paphitis speaks for himself. The only thing we really have in common is years of reading and taking issue with your efforts. I’ve said it before but you really should be more grateful. The vast majority of your stuff would have effectively been stillborn but for our help.


My position on the Israeli/Palestinian issue is exactly the same as yours.

I can be and regularly am very critical of Israel as I support the 2 State solution. I do not support or agree with the construction of Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

But, I also understand Israel's position with regard to Hamaz and Hezbollah. I can also see their point of view when they point the finger to these terrorist organizations and rightly claim that they are in fact not interested in any settlement and that their maximalist positions are a threat to the security of their State. They are indeed 100% correct and this argument gives Israel a LOT of legitimacy.

From a completely balanced point of view, Israel seems to be the State that also applies the law equally unlike of course the other side. One would wonder what would happen to the Jews of Hezbollah or Hamaz suddenly took over. Probably be curtains for them. The Israeli State however, generally tries to leave them alone, allows them the right of suffrage, and even allows them a voice in the Knesset. Can an Israeli passport holder visit the United Arab Emirates? They can't. I say that because when you go to Israel, the Israeli's add a page to your passport to stamp your entry because of the UAE Customs see the Israeli Ministry of Interior stamp, they will forbid you entry so it is very clear here which side is being more recalcitrant and unhelpful.

As I said, I do not support the settlements and never have. I support a 2 State Solution and the right of the Palestinians to form their own State under a comprehensive settlement with Israel. The PLO and Israel actually came very close until Hamaz and Hezbollah sabotaged and scuttled the entire effort.

It should be very clear here exactly WHO is responsible - Hamaz and Hezbollah from Iran.

Israel is also very correct in waging its war against Hezbollah in Syria. Their stance should be completely understood and respected considering the fact that the entire Hezbollah manifesto revolves around the complete destruction of Israel.

Again, what is lacking in this forum is a healthy pinch of perspective and balance. I provide that for the outside world without blowing my own trumpet but I consider my views to be well balanced, intelligent and well informed. I am willing to learn from others but when you are faced with completely ludicrous and hysterical posts about Israel that are uninformed and not well researched but instead spout a particular ideology which is neither correct and offers little perspective, then I try to counter and balance it out.

Now compare my views about Israel which is a lot more conciliatory towards the Palestinians than you think with the likes of Robin Hood's views on Ukraine and Syria.

Robin Hood is a hypocrite. I am no such thing. I will call a spade a spade. I am sorry but I call it the way I see it and I research as well because I do in fact take a huge interests in matters such as these. :wink:

Also whilst comparing my views against the likes of Robin Hood and Humanist who lack perspective and balance but instead apply a narrative and ideology (which is completely wrong), also compare Israel's Human Rights record and the way it treats its citizens to the likes of Assad's Syria, or Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and so on. Which country would you prefer to live in?

A bit like the pub test. Who would you rather have a beer with?

Would you prefer to have a beer with Corbyn or BOJO? Me, I would love to have a beer with BOJO. The chap is clearly a hoot!
Would you prefer to have a beer with Bernie or Trump? For me, I would have a beer with Trump because he is a lot more interesting and honest.

Once you become an ideologue like Robin Hood is, you have completely lost your soul and authority as you have foregone the virtue of applying fairness and the rule of law in any situation such as these. You can't on one hand jump on your high horse with respect to the Israeli/Palestinian question and in your next breadth support genocide and ethnic cleansing and chemical warfare by Assad forces in Syria.

Robin Hood is a lightweight and I say this not because he isn't relentless and will not continue to come at you with utter ideologically based nonsense until you give up, but it's because he doesn't have an argument. Reasonable people know and understand he spread a narrative and ideology which is hypocritical. It's the same with get Real. He is another lightweight. basically because their ideology showcases their very hypocrisy and double standard.

Others like yourself are much harder work, because you can see both sides of the coin. You do not ignore the other side in order to peddle a narrative.

BTW, the Syrian Detainees Report has not been debunked. In fact, investigators have found that the Caesar Report to be very credible and a UN Resolition was passed with regard to this report and the 11,000 missing prisoners. Your mate, is citing his typical non credible sources which claim that the Caesar Report was a fabrication.

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/secu ... ring-armed

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35521801

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/mi ... ort-syria/

ENFORCED DISAPPEARANCES

Syrian security forces held thousands of detainees without trial, often in conditions that amounted to enforced disappearance. Tens of thousands of people remained disappeared, the majority since 2011. They included peaceful activists, humanitarian workers, lawyers, journalists, peaceful critics and government opponents as well as individuals detained in place of relatives wanted by the authorities.

In May, the government disclosed the death of some of the disappeared by updating civil status records. For example, the relatives of brothers Yehya and Maen Sherbaj;i, who had received no information about their whereabouts or fate since they were forcibly disappeared in 2012, found out they were dead when the authorities updated the civil status records. In such cases, the authorities failed to provide the families with remains or information about the circumstances of the enforced disappearance and death.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24249
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:40 am

Paphitis ..... have you put yourself forward for the Noble Peace Prize yet, as you and LR think alike I am sure you can count on his support? :roll:

What a fantastically authoritative but modest, unassuming, unpretentious, self-effacing and reserved icon of humanity your last post presents you to be! The incredible balance and total lack of political/ethnic bias shines out like a beacon for all humanity. It is indeed a privilege to be able to sample your teachings . There is no doubt from your stream of self anointed idolatry and self worship that you are about as conceited and as self opinionated a person as I have ever met, and I’ve met a few over the years.

Your post does not warrant nor is it worth the effort of a reply except to say:

The three ‘independent’ links you provide to support you opinion ..... all use the same sources for their information! The White Helmets, opposition SDF, anti-Assad sources and ex- AQ terrorist that fled abroad and were interviewed in Turkey and other foreign locations. Not one of the three you are relying on actually did their own research, they all base their rhetoric on here say from the same opposition related sources, even the BBC. They were not conducted where these events were supposed to have taken place or with people who are still there to give eye witness accounts. All three fail the most elementary criteria for credibility, accuracy and reliability of source.
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Paphitis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:23 pm

One of my sources refers to UN resolution 2974 (2019) which mention the 11000 missing detainees documented by the Caesar report, and also cites relatives who have lodged missing persons reports with Amnesty International and the UN calls upon the Assad regime to come clean and provide any information about them.

The UN clearly find the Caesar Report credible and your multiple sources stating that the report isn’t credible doesn’t make it so just like your denials over the use of Chemical Warfare are an insult to every law abiding nation on this planet.

As such you also have no authority to be on your high horse with regard to Israel.

At one point a few years ago Israel was bulldozing its own Israeli settlements because of its agreement with the PLO. Yeh that’s right. It’s bulldozers turned on its own Jewish people after the Dayton Agreement but that all changed as soon as Hanaz and Hezbollah started all their shitty terrorism again resulting in everyone going back to square 1.

It takes 2 to tango and when you start firing rockets at them they are going to go back to their hard line too because they are not willing to agree with terror organisations like Hamaz and Hezbollah. They will sooner go to war with Iran.

They are happy to co-exist with Palestinians and the PLO but not with Hamaz or Hezbollah. That much should be very clear.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24249
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Paphitis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 pm

And who the hell murdered Yasser Arafat? Just because we reported he died of natural causes doesn’t mean that was the case. It was only reported so because we didn’t want to stoke the fires and cause more trouble.

His wife believes he was murdered by food poisoning. Who was it? Hamaz or Hezbolla? He had to be liquidated because he spoke to Rabin and the Israelis. You are not the only one to come up with conspiracy theories.

Maybe he was poisoned? I don’t know. Makes perfect sense to me.

So you want the maximalist positions do you? You want Jerusalem?

What do you think the response to that is? You reckon the Israelis are going to let that happen?

It was Hamaz and Hezbollah and Iran that chose war not Israel. Make no mistake about that.

Now do you think anyone is going to stop the Israelis from bombing the crap out of Syria? Russia knows our position and knows what it needs to do otherwise that Assad bitch is going to have Israeli Jets in his airspace for an eternity and they are completely justified as well. And you claiming international law violations is like the boy who cried wolf and another insult. No leg to stand on when the regime used chemical warfare on the Sunni population of Syria and cleansed them to buggery. No leg!
Last edited by Paphitis on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24249
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Israel/Palestine .......

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Again ....not worth a reply, you believe what you want to believe!


From another forum ....... I would say very likely by a US Zionist or an American sympathetic to their cause? The response describes Israel's actions since 1948, in a nut shell! :roll:

Quote:
Hey buddy. You start a fight and you lose don't expect mercy. Mercy is for wimps. You start a fight with Israel and you are going to lose something. Deal with reality. That is the way of war. Don't like it? Don't start a war and get a good hiding.


That is the bully’s charter! i.e. I take what I want and if you don’t like it tough! Might is right.

The Zionists were offered in 1947 55% of the Palestinian territory as a homeland. They have now taken 98%! THAT IS THEFT ON A GRAND SCALE.

The Balfour agreement supported creating a State of Israel on Palestinian Territory if the current occupiers did not lose out and were treated equally. The Zionists army drove them off their lands with no right of return! THAT IS ALSO THEFT and clear indication the ZIONISTS WORD ON ANYTHING IS WORTHLESS.

They do not treat those Arabs that remained as equal citizens with Jews! THAT IS RACIST AND AN INFRINGEMENT OF HUMAN RIGHTS, also on a grand scale.

As (XX) correctly points out the Israeli’s attacked the Palestinians on their own lands first. The Palestinians had no military to fight back so the Arab States although totally unprepared for war came to their rescue and were defeated. But the Zionists were already geared up for war ! THEIR ACTIONS FROM 04/05/48 ONWARD WERE ALL PREMEDITATED!

They have continued to steal and destroy and kill ever since.

There is little more to say! This will of course eventually come back to haunt the Zionists when the US is no longer covering their asses which is going to happen because they have taken the majority of the American people as fools for a hundred years or more. When that happens your first paragraph will become a reality but the boot will be on the other foot that will be Israel's Armageddon!


I wonder if you will still hold the same view then?
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests