The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


greatest democracy on earth

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

greatest democracy on earth

Postby Lordo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 pm

you cannot make it up. how can this be allowed to go on. the police chief says prey for us. they need a bit more help than a prayer i am afraid. how about no guns allowed for the public like most civilised countries. so it seems there is a shittier country in the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Paphitis » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:28 am

Lordo wrote:you cannot make it up. how can this be allowed to go on. the police chief says prey for us. they need a bit more help than a prayer i am afraid. how about no guns allowed for the public like most civilised countries. so it seems there is a shittier country in the world.


Because the Bill of Rights is something that can't be revoked without a referendum and it requires a majority in at least 75% of States.

To them this is their civility.

In addition, if you disarm the public from guns are you 100% sure that gun violence reduces? I ask this because a high proportion of gun violence occurs from unregistered and illegal guns on the Black market and I also add that you lot are against the Wall with Mexico where all these guns are trafficked from. :roll:

You hear the same arguments over and over but then add some perspective. The USA is a country of 350 million. Big country, big crime, big everything. That's what it comes down to.

I understand that Gun violence is an issue for them and they are doing their best to prevent it and deter it with law Enforcement but engaging in this type of hyperbole is also ridiculous. I will also remind you that they have the Death Penalty for 1st degree homicide.

And the wall along the Mexican Border will also be helpful but that fact is ignored.

the other thing I would like to ask, only because I am aware of the tricks of the anti gun lobby. How many of those deaths are due to actual suicide with a gun? Sometimes, these statistics are cross pollinated with suicide statistics of individuals that went to a gun cabinet, got a gun and used it to suicide. Yes, suicide is also an epidemic in Western Countries.

But it's not entirely honest including these statistics to support your argument either is that is what has happened here.

Also, including statistics where a law Enforcement Officer killed a subject is another thing I take issue with. I support law Enforcement taking reasonable force and action to protect themselves and the public which is what actual;ly happens in the vast majority of cases.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Lordo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:you cannot make it up. how can this be allowed to go on. the police chief says prey for us. they need a bit more help than a prayer i am afraid. how about no guns allowed for the public like most civilised countries. so it seems there is a shittier country in the world.


Because the Bill of Rights is something that can't be revoked without a referendum and it requires a majority in at least 75% of States.

To them this is their civility.

In addition, if you disarm the public from guns are you 100% sure that gun violence reduces? I ask this because a high proportion of gun violence occurs from unregistered and illegal guns on the Black market and I also add that you lot are against the Wall with Mexico where all these guns are trafficked from. :roll:

You hear the same arguments over and over but then add some perspective. The USA is a country of 350 million. Big country, big crime, big everything. That's what it comes down to.

I understand that Gun violence is an issue for them and they are doing their best to prevent it and deter it with law Enforcement but engaging in this type of hyperbole is also ridiculous. I will also remind you that they have the Death Penalty for 1st degree homicide.

And the wall along the Mexican Border will also be helpful but that fact is ignored.

the other thing I would like to ask, only because I am aware of the tricks of the anti gun lobby. How many of those deaths are due to actual suicide with a gun? Sometimes, these statistics are cross pollinated with suicide statistics of individuals that went to a gun cabinet, got a gun and used it to suicide. Yes, suicide is also an epidemic in Western Countries.

But it's not entirely honest including these statistics to support your argument either is that is what has happened here.

Also, including statistics where a law Enforcement Officer killed a subject is another thing I take issue with. I support law Enforcement taking reasonable force and action to protect themselves and the public which is what actual;ly happens in the vast majority of cases.

the right to bear arms is an amendment you stupid idiot. Amendments can be re-amended. it was introduced to protect the state.
facts are stated. how can that be in any way not honest.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

which state is in need of such protection today? it has long gone past its sell-by date. in 17 hunderds it could apply but today with the american military it is hardly justified.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Lordo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:09 pm

another mass killing in texas.that makes it 248 mass shootings this year and we have 4 more mothes to go,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-492219
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby kurupetos » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:12 pm

Lordo is right. Gun possession should be banned.

IMHO, they should find alternative methods to kill each other... :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18820
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Paphitis » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:43 pm

kurupetos wrote:Lordo is right. Gun possession should be banned.

IMHO, they should find alternative methods to kill each other... :wink:


Try telling that to the Yanks.

Firstly, the Government just can’t remove the right to bear arms without a popular referendum.

If it did, Americans would get outraged because there is no limit then and the Government can unilaterally changed all other rights such as Freedom of Press and so on.

Thirdly, it’s not the legal registered arms that are responsible for the crime. It’s the illegal black market stuff in the criminal underworld.

So gun control in America isn’t an easy thing to crack.

The reason for that is because the founding fathers wrote the Bill of Rights into the Constitution to protect these civil rights for the people.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Lordo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:31 pm

less than 12 hours and here is another mass shooting. this time in dayton and another 9 people murdered.

in america president has the power to declare a national emergency and pass any law it likes. it declared the building of the wall as a national emergency and raided other budgets to find some money to start building a wall but does not see two mass killings in 12 hours and 250 mass shootings in 2019 alone as a national emergency. they have 357 million hand guns in america. the remarks of the texas governer is telling though. he thinks gun control would not have stopped this. the way to stop it is for everybody to arm themselves and defend themselves. funny have countries that have gun controls have no mass shootings and even those that do allow some guns with proper control, have very few.

just how stupid is this president? he declared the other day that they are about to cure child cancer and the aids epidemic. he really is just not fit to be president, but then he was elected so perhaps the american idiots who voted for him are worse than he is.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Paphitis » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:42 pm

Lordo wrote:less than 12 hours and here is another mass shooting. this time in dayton and another 9 people murdered.

in america president has the power to declare a national emergency and pass any law it likes. it declared the building of the wall as a national emergency and raided other budgets to find some money to start building a wall but does not see two mass killings in 12 hours and 250 mass shootings in 2019 alone as a national emergency. they have 357 million hand guns in america. the remarks of the texas governer is telling though. he thinks gun control would not have stopped this. the way to stop it is for everybody to arm themselves and defend themselves. funny have countries that have gun controls have no mass shootings and even those that do allow some guns with proper control, have very few.

just how stupid is this president? he declared the other day that they are about to cure child cancer and the aids epidemic. he really is just not fit to be president, but then he was elected so perhaps the american idiots who voted for him are worse than he is.


Yeh, then why didn't Obama declare an emergency and revoke the second amendment?

You wanna know why? Because that would be a call to revolution as far as the yanks are concerned, they won't give up their guns, and they will organize themselves into Militias. There are 350 million registered arms in America.

If TRUMP does that, he is finished and he knows that too. The NRA will wipe the floor with him.

You see everyone is all talk until you get into office and understand how complicated things really are.

I am all for gun control too, but I don't think it is an easy thing in America.

I am tossing up whether or not to take my family there, and yes the gun violence is a concern. But you got to put it into perspective as well.
Americans are not a bunch of pussies like you lot that need to hold onto the EU apron strings.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Lordo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:less than 12 hours and here is another mass shooting. this time in dayton and another 9 people murdered.

in america president has the power to declare a national emergency and pass any law it likes. it declared the building of the wall as a national emergency and raided other budgets to find some money to start building a wall but does not see two mass killings in 12 hours and 250 mass shootings in 2019 alone as a national emergency. they have 357 million hand guns in america. the remarks of the texas governer is telling though. he thinks gun control would not have stopped this. the way to stop it is for everybody to arm themselves and defend themselves. funny have countries that have gun controls have no mass shootings and even those that do allow some guns with proper control, have very few.

just how stupid is this president? he declared the other day that they are about to cure child cancer and the aids epidemic. he really is just not fit to be president, but then he was elected so perhaps the american idiots who voted for him are worse than he is.


Yeh, then why didn't Obama declare an emergency and revoke the second amendment?

You wanna know why? Because that would be a call to revolution as far as the yanks are concerned, they won't give up their guns, and they will organize themselves into Militias. There are 350 million registered arms in America.

If TRUMP does that, he is finished and he knows that too. The NRA will wipe the floor with him.

You see everyone is all talk until you get into office and understand how complicated things really are.

I am all for gun control too, but I don't think it is an easy thing in America.

I am tossing up whether or not to take my family there, and yes the gun violence is a concern. But you got to put it into perspective as well.
Americans are not a bunch of pussies like you lot that need to hold onto the EU apron strings.

you got that right boy the dreaded nra. now there is a demcoratic arm of the most democratic nation on earth. unless nra accepts it peoples vote does not count. you can take their democracy and shove it up your ass boy.

it wil happen, only 60years ago people werenot able to sit at the same section of the bus as whites if they were blacks and could not walk into bars or hotels either. the supidder yourpopulation is the slower the change and you can't get any more stupidder than the senator who did not believe that living things existed before what the bible said. you can take your bible and shove that too.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: greatest democracy on earth

Postby Paphitis » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:less than 12 hours and here is another mass shooting. this time in dayton and another 9 people murdered.

in america president has the power to declare a national emergency and pass any law it likes. it declared the building of the wall as a national emergency and raided other budgets to find some money to start building a wall but does not see two mass killings in 12 hours and 250 mass shootings in 2019 alone as a national emergency. they have 357 million hand guns in america. the remarks of the texas governer is telling though. he thinks gun control would not have stopped this. the way to stop it is for everybody to arm themselves and defend themselves. funny have countries that have gun controls have no mass shootings and even those that do allow some guns with proper control, have very few.

just how stupid is this president? he declared the other day that they are about to cure child cancer and the aids epidemic. he really is just not fit to be president, but then he was elected so perhaps the american idiots who voted for him are worse than he is.


Yeh, then why didn't Obama declare an emergency and revoke the second amendment?

You wanna know why? Because that would be a call to revolution as far as the yanks are concerned, they won't give up their guns, and they will organize themselves into Militias. There are 350 million registered arms in America.

If TRUMP does that, he is finished and he knows that too. The NRA will wipe the floor with him.

You see everyone is all talk until you get into office and understand how complicated things really are.

I am all for gun control too, but I don't think it is an easy thing in America.

I am tossing up whether or not to take my family there, and yes the gun violence is a concern. But you got to put it into perspective as well.
Americans are not a bunch of pussies like you lot that need to hold onto the EU apron strings.

you got that right boy the dreaded nra. now there is a demcoratic arm of the most democratic nation on earth. unless nra accepts it peoples vote does not count. you can take their democracy and shove it up your ass boy.

it wil happen, only 60years ago people werenot able to sit at the same section of the bus as whites if they were blacks and could not walk into bars or hotels either. the supidder yourpopulation is the slower the change and you can't get any more stupidder than the senator who did not believe that living things existed before what the bible said. you can take your bible and shove that too.


the NRA is nothing without its members. And just about every farmer and every gun owner is a member in the USA and that is 3 quarters of the US population.

The NRA are just an organization, representing gun owners. A bit like the Automobile association or any other association you cam think of.

And yes, in democratic countries, these organizations have a right to exist and lobby Government as well.

You are learning!

Oh and don't be stupid! This has nothing to do with black people sitting at the back of the bus which was only happening in 1 or 2 states in the Deep South. Black people have guns too and are paid up members of the NRA.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests