The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Abhorrent ? - poll

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

the question is in post one of the thread


Note: Your vote in this poll is NOT confidential. Your username will be displayed under the option(s) you select

yes
6
100%
 
erolz66, Lordo, miltiades, Pyrpolizer, RichardB, Sotos
no
0
No votes
 
 
Total votes : 6

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby erolz66 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:38 pm

RichardB wrote:Of course this case is abhorrent, no one could say otherwise. At least, thankfully he was taken to court and punished, and the same abhorrence should be shown to anyone who preys on children.
Digressing slightly at least he was punished its a shame the same cannot be said for the Catholic priests who committed offences and whose deeds were covered up by the Catholic Church... But that's a different topic... Sorry for going off thread


To be clear I am suggesting not that the crime was abhorrent, that is clearly was. I am suggesting to seek to deny such a crime ever took place, to try and make out that only unproven allegations were made and these were made maliciously by people with grudges - all because the political narrative you are pushing requires you to do so, is abhorrent. This is what Paphitis did and has yet still failed to apologise to the victims of these crimes for doing so.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby RichardB » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:49 pm

OK Erol, my bad for not reading correctly (long busy day at work) but yes anyone who defends or denys a crime such as the one you highlighted I do find abhorrent.
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby B25 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:09 am

erolz66 wrote:
Lordo wrote:yet another brainless swine. how can the two exist together. if a person is convicted of child abuse, no matter what esle they did is shit. only a gc could think like you. likr the swine who killed innocent civilians in murataga and was employed to distinguish himself as a religous teacher.


Lordo I implore you stop this. Do not turn this in to a GC TC thing. It is not. Do you just want to be a TC equivalent of B25 ? I hope you are better than that.


The last thing a child abuser should see is the end of a smoking 12 G shotgun. Period.
Whether at school or anywhere else for that matter.
That’s my take on these low lifes.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6455
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby erolz66 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:25 am

B25 wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Lordo wrote:yet another brainless swine. how can the two exist together. if a person is convicted of child abuse, no matter what esle they did is shit. only a gc could think like you. likr the swine who killed innocent civilians in murataga and was employed to distinguish himself as a religous teacher.


Lordo I implore you stop this. Do not turn this in to a GC TC thing. It is not. Do you just want to be a TC equivalent of B25 ? I hope you are better than that.


The last thing a child abuser should see is the end of a smoking 12 G shotgun. Period.
Whether at school or anywhere else for that matter.
That’s my take on these low lifes.


And what should happen to someone who seeks to make out such a person did NOT commit the crimes they did, make out the victims merely made up such things, make out the perpetrator was noever comitted of the crimes only accused, simply to try and show they are 'right' in some 'silly' argument? What should happen to people who do that B25 ? Will you vote or not ?
Last edited by erolz66 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby erolz66 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:33 am

Sotos wrote:I voted. But five cases?? Over what time frame, were they related somehow? I am guessing that this school being a boarding school is what increases the chances of such things happening.


If you are interested in why I do not think 'this' is 'just' about sexual abuse of children and 'just' about 'boarding' you might want to have a glance at my post in the other thread here cyprus47149-120.html#p889811
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby erolz66 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:55 am

It is late and I have spent to much time on the forum of late. I will sign off for tonight with the following.

I want to be crystal clear that as far as I am concerned this thread, this poll, that I created is NOT a condemnation of Paphitis as a person, the whole of him, all of him and that he is. Even after the 15 years or so I have watched him here, engaged with him, I just do not have enough 'data' to make such a condemnation. I can not make such a condemnation. I will not make such.

It IS a condemnation of a singular ACT by him.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby Paphitis » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:20 am

What act was that?

I am being compared to child abusers now or shown to be sympathetic as such.

mate, I send my children to private schools because I want them to stay away from child abusers in the Government System who think its ok to expose little children to same sex couples, gay marriage, and teaching them its ok to crossdress of all things and exposing them to all kinds of things such as transgenderism.

No one talks about that child abuse do they?

What gives the Government the right to brainwash children into debauchery and rip their childhood apart with concepts even adults struggle with?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25463
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby Paphitis » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 am

You know what is also very abhorrent these days?

In Australia, the teaching profession is a female dominated area. I don't have a problem with that as females are probably better in this type of profession. Females excel in certain professions like males excel in others. And females are better nurturers probably.

But these days, a teacher can be accused of child abuse for even an accidental touch or rubbing. I have noticed that teaches today keep their distance. They are so paranoid and their interactions with students are becoming more mechanical. All you need is one accusation and you are done for professionally and you probably won't recover.

For instance, when my children were at the Orthodox School, you would see the Orthodox Parish Priest mingle with the children. Quite often the children would give the priest a hug. Nothing sinister at all.

But anywhere else, child abuse. I told the priest once you better be careful mate. You never know what some weirdo will say. Response was, "let them".

The other appalling thing is this. Whilst the Government is trying to attract more male teachers to even up the numbers (ratio is 9 to 1), males are staying away and are scared of taking up this profession. They don't want it. They are scared of this profession.

In the old days, males were more prolific, but now you are lucky to see a male teacher.

people have made a massive dent into the teaching profession and the education system as well. For every 1 child abuse allegation that comes out to be true, there are dozens which were just hearsay and completely stupid and low grade or a mere inadvertent and accidental touch in an inappropriate spot which does sometimes happen. Some accusations are even just made up completely.

It's getting ridiculous out there.

I remember one discussion I had with someone who apparently told their parents they wanted to be a teacher and his father told him not to. He said, if something happens and you are accused you will be ruined for life. So it gave him pause for thought and he decided to do something else.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25463
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Abhorrent ? - poll

Postby erolz66 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:24 am

Paphitis wrote:What act was that?


RichardB summarised it best when he said "anyone who [] denys a crime such as the one you highlighted I do find abhorrent."

This is what you did, what you are still doing to a degree. That is the act that is abhorrent to me and seemingly others to.

When you said untrue things like

"These people were never charged or found guilty or convicted."
"I'm really sorry but I do not believe any child was penetrated at Geelong."
"there were only allegations of child abuse and findings that the school mishandled those allegations."
"probably because the allegations were farcical and those who were acused were probably extremely distinguished people who served the school with utter and complete professionalism and diligence.
"probably because the institution ignored the allegations and smears because there was no evidence or smoking gun and because the allegations were probably made by students and families who were expelled from the school because of some misconduct involving drugs and such like that they ended up having a chip on their shoulder and made false allegations."
"I just take all these allegations with a very large pinch of salt."
"the allegations were bought before a Royal Commission, and not to a court of law"

John Hamilton Buckley was arrested, put on trial in a court of law, plead guilty, found guilty, sentenced by the judge and jailed for his horrendous crimes against children under his care whilst a teacher at Geelong school. As were the four other teachers at Geelong who have been similarly convicted (in separate court cases) of child abuse crimes.

When you say the kind of things you have said above you are not just saying these things to 'us'. By saying them on a public forum that can be viewed by anyone around the globe you are also saying them, however indirectly, to the VICTIMS of these horrendous crimes. You are telling THEM that their abusers were never charged or found guilty or convicted. Telling them their testimony that led to the conviction and jailing of these monsters "were farcical" and "smears" and that there was "no evidence" and that their testimony was "probably made by students and families who were expelled from the school because of some misconduct involving drugs and such like that they ended up having a chip on their shoulder and made false allegations."

THIS is the act I condemn. It is disgusting. It is abhorrent. In my opinion If you had any decency you would recant your previous lies and distortions and publicly apologise here to the VICTIMS of these horrendous crimes. Such would not mean or require you to accept or agree with my wider generic contentions about these schools.

Paphitis wrote:No one talks about that child abuse do they?


For the victims of such abuse to talk about what happened to them takes extra ordinary levels of courage. Levels of courage that are unimaginable to me. This is even more the case when the abuse occurred within institutions that are revered and respected by wider society, like the Catholic Church or in schools like Geelong. It takes even more courage in these cases because these victims know when they talk about the abuse perpetrated on them in such institutions, they will be met with accusations that they are lying, giving false testimony, making it up, seeking to smear innocent people and institutions. That they will be met with accusations that they are lying because such things just could not happen at such Schools, such expensive schools, schools with alumni lists like these schools have. For you to then come here, after they have found the courage to do this, after they have faced all the denials and accusations made against them for coming forward, after their claims have been investigated, after the guilty have been judged in a court of law and sentenced and jailed, and do this all over again, is abhorrent. There is no other word for it imo.

I have not and do not condemn anyone for choosing to send their child to a private schools like Geelong or its many 'lesser' equivalents. I do not condemn you for doing so, nor CG or LR. Anymore than I condemn my own mother for sending me to one, or my brother for sending my niece or nephew to one. I would condemn anyone, my mother and brother included, if they tried to make out a proven and convicted child abuser did not commit the crimes he did and that the victims of this abuse were liars, just for their own 'convenience'.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests