The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


tory manifesto

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

tory manifesto

Postby Lordo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:14 pm

so far one item in it.

9 billion tax cut for those who earn between 50k and 80k and even higher earners. i mean these people must have suffered some so they must be looked after.

and of course the second thing they will apply the immigration rules to the eu migrants as they do now to migrants from outside the eu. so windrush for everybody. very nice too.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14134
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: tory manifesto

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Lordo wrote:so far one item in it.

9 billion tax cut for those who earn between 50k and 80k and even higher earners. i mean these people must have suffered some so they must be looked after.

and of course the second thing they will apply the immigration rules to the eu migrants as they do now to migrants from outside the eu. so windrush for everybody. very nice too.


Excellent stuff!

Those earning 50k to 80k are not exactly rich.

More money to put back through the economy.

Yes well why should EU citizens be any different to migrants from outside of the EU?

If you ask me, some EU people should be banned from the UK for like - Barnier, Tusk and their criminal cohorts should never be allowed in the UK ever again. Juncker in the Bunker though can come on account of his charisma and him being good mates with Nige.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25385
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: tory manifesto

Postby Lordo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:45 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:so far one item in it.

9 billion tax cut for those who earn between 50k and 80k and even higher earners. i mean these people must have suffered some so they must be looked after.

and of course the second thing they will apply the immigration rules to the eu migrants as they do now to migrants from outside the eu. so windrush for everybody. very nice too.


Excellent stuff!

Those earning 50k to 80k are not exactly rich.

More money to put back through the economy.

Yes well why should EU citizens be any different to migrants from outside of the EU?

If you ask me, some EU people should be banned from the UK for like - Barnier, Tusk and their criminal cohorts should never be allowed in the UK ever again. Juncker in the Bunker though can come on account of his charisma and him being good mates with Nige.

i told you before stop shagging them koalas its turning you into a koala you stupid idiot.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14134
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: tory manifesto

Postby cyprusgrump » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:28 am

Lordo wrote:so far one item in it.

9 billion tax cut for those who earn between 50k and 80k and even higher earners. i mean these people must have suffered some so they must be looked after.

and of course the second thing they will apply the immigration rules to the eu migrants as they do now to migrants from outside the eu. so windrush for everybody. very nice too.



Reduce tax, increase tax revenues, put more money back in the economy! What is not to like eh? :lol:

Unless you are a believer in the politics of hate, envy and spite like Bore-Dough obviously... :roll:

You don't earn £50K then Bore-Dough? Your poverty disgusts me... :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: tory manifesto

Postby erolz66 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:18 am

cyprusgrump wrote:Reduce tax, increase tax revenues, put more money back in the economy! What is not to like eh? :lol:


Reduce them to 0 and you get 0 in tax revenues. The idea that tax take by the government is somehow taken out of the economy indicates how much you understand, or not, about economics.

cyprusgrump wrote:You don't earn £50K then Bore-Dough? Your poverty disgusts me... :lol:


Your placing of the material over and above all else leads me to pity you. Knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. Such mind sets are chocking the planet to death. I fear for future generations.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: tory manifesto

Postby cyprusgrump » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm

erolz66 wrote:Reduce them to 0 and you get 0 in tax revenues. The idea that tax take by the government is somehow taken out of the economy indicates how much you understand, or not, about economics.


I understand plenty thanks!

The government (any government) is incredibly inefficient at spending our money and likes to spunk it away on vanity projects and good causes which few of the public support.

Tax less and that money can be better spent by those that earn it in the first place.

Of course you and Bore-Dough wouldn't understand that as you believe in big government running (or should I say ruining!) everything...

...and of course you in turn believe that the government can simply crank up the tax rate and the money will keep rolling in... :roll:

Increase the tax rate to 100% and you still get nothing... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: tory manifesto

Postby erolz66 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:18 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
erolz66 wrote:Reduce them to 0 and you get 0 in tax revenues. The idea that tax take by the government is somehow taken out of the economy indicates how much you understand, or not, about economics.


I understand plenty thanks!

The government (any government) is incredibly inefficient at spending our money and likes to spunk it away on vanity projects and good causes which few of the public support.

Tax less and that money can be better spent by those that earn it in the first place.

Of course you and Bore-Dough wouldn't understand that as you believe in big government running (or should I say ruining!) everything...

...and of course you in turn believe that the government can simply crank up the tax rate and the money will keep rolling in... :roll:

Increase the tax rate to 100% and you still get nothing... :wink:


The government is inefficient and spunks money away. The over 50k earners would not spunk this money away ? On 'economically productive' things like buying cocaine to snort ? Just nonsense. Your limits to creative thought are bound by your insistence in believing in a binary polarised universe when the reality that all these things are to degrees is staring you in the face.

For the record in 1979 my father on the top tier of his income with NI included was paying 98 pence in every pound in tax. He did not 'fuck off' somewhere else because the country had democratically elected a government that imposed such taxes. How can you talk about being a 'proud' nation and 'believer in democracy' and then say you can not tax the rich because they will just fuck off if you try. You should be outraged by such actions of individuals when faced with a democratically imposed tax increase they simply leave the UK entirely. You are not outraged by them though are you ? You want to be them and that is the politics of envy and greed in my book.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: tory manifesto

Postby cyprusgrump » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:25 pm

erolz66 wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
erolz66 wrote:Reduce them to 0 and you get 0 in tax revenues. The idea that tax take by the government is somehow taken out of the economy indicates how much you understand, or not, about economics.


I understand plenty thanks!

The government (any government) is incredibly inefficient at spending our money and likes to spunk it away on vanity projects and good causes which few of the public support.

Tax less and that money can be better spent by those that earn it in the first place.

Of course you and Bore-Dough wouldn't understand that as you believe in big government running (or should I say ruining!) everything...

...and of course you in turn believe that the government can simply crank up the tax rate and the money will keep rolling in... :roll:

Increase the tax rate to 100% and you still get nothing... :wink:


The government is inefficient and spunks money away. The over 50k earners would not spunk this money away ? On 'economically productive' things like buying cocaine to snort ? Just nonsense. Your limits to creative thought are bound by your insistence in believing in a binary polarised universe when the reality that all these things are to degrees is staring you in the face.

For the record in 1979 my father on the top tier of his income with NI included was paying 98 pence in every pound in tax. He did not 'fuck off' somewhere else because the country had democratically elected a government that imposed such taxes. How can you talk about being a 'proud' nation and 'believer in democracy' and then say you can not tax the rich because they will just fuck off if you try. You should be outraged by such actions of individuals when faced with a democratically imposed tax increase they simply leave the UK entirely. You are not outraged by them though are you ? You want to be them and that is the politics of envy and greed in my book.


You may not like it Erolz but facts are facts... As France found out recently when they tried to 'tax the righ'... :wink:

The Laffer curve is fact, it is proven time and time again...

Like LR, one of the attractions of Cyprus to me was the low tax rate... It is just inconvenient facts I know but anybody that pays more tax than necessary is an idiot. And most rich people are not idiots... :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: tory manifesto

Postby Lordo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:30 pm

first you turn of the election. b'stard has just said he has dropped the 2% cut in the corporation tax. that will save 6 billion a year.

this is the most productive oppostion we have ever had. what a difference it makes to see corbyn at the cbi. he just thanks the warm up act.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14134
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: tory manifesto

Postby erolz66 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:33 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:You may not like it Erolz but facts are facts... As France found out recently when they tried to 'tax the righ'... :wink:

The Laffer curve is fact, it is proven time and time again...


The laffer curve is 'proven'. What is not proven is that the Tories know where the peak on that curve is. That is the point. You have no interest in discussing that in any serious way as far as I can tell. All you seem to want to do is claim 'I am right , you are wrong' over and over based on nothing but dogma. Take a look at the average tax take in countries like Norway and you can see the peak of the laffer curve is far from where you and the Tories claim it must be, for self serving reasons.

cyprusgrump wrote:Like LR, one of the attractions of Cyprus to me was the low tax rate... It is just inconvenient facts I know but anybody that pays more tax than necessary is an idiot. And most rich people are not idiots... :lol:


Like I say shinning examples of putting the Great back in GB lol
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests