The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The war against Cyprus.

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:05 pm

User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10778
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby Lordo » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:08 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:


While we are at it perhaps our enlightened members can tel us the connection between Makarios, Yorgadjis, Alexandros Panagoullis and the Junta member Yorgos Papapdopoullos.

Any takers?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:58 am

...my hope is that this is a beginning; Cypriots fighting back.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... ogan-visit

"The former resident of Varosha said he had originally only wanted to meet up with some friends and show them his childhood home town, where bougainvillea now shoots through caved-in roofs.

But then he found that Cypriots from both sides had turned up for a brief show of solidarity with those who had fled and lost everything decades ago."

...it starts small, and naturally.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10778
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby Lordo » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:35 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...my hope is that this is a beginning; Cypriots fighting back.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... ogan-visit

"The former resident of Varosha said he had originally only wanted to meet up with some friends and show them his childhood home town, where bougainvillea now shoots through caved-in roofs.

But then he found that Cypriots from both sides had turned up for a brief show of solidarity with those who had fled and lost everything decades ago."

...it starts small, and naturally.

It's 47 years too late.

The issue is not even Erdogan. it is Anastasiades. he had a chamce with Akinci and deliberately sunk it. It is now too late. They train left the station long ago.

it's not as if Anastasiades has uttered a word that he is ready to have an agreement. First he must explain what has chamged since 2017. How is he prepared to share power in detail and is he stil demaninf both guarantees amd the army must go from day one. Then we can see he is serious but even than I fear Tatar has no intention of agreeing BBF and I suspect the TCs have now given up on the idea anyway.

Anything else is full shit.

Erdogan has sent trucks load of new bikes to be given to children wh go the the mosque and pray twice.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:46 am

Tatar wants an equal; this is good. Tatar wants two states; even this is possible. Tatar speaks of Turkish Cypriots, and yet there is no one that speaks of Greek Cypriots, as Person, along with him.

Cypriots at least have the right to being identified as Individuals, without further distinction or discrimination.

...it is a war on Cypriots, "they" have you believing their myth, of "Greekness", and its contemporary, "Turkishness"; we are what we are.

Indeed, the biggest favour the President, Mr. Anastasiades, may do is withdraw, Sovereignty not the question that the two "communities" must resolve between them, but that of Cypriot Constituencies as Persons defined, and their needs.

...i ask, (if there is to be a Turkish Constituency) where is the Greek Constituency?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10778
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby Lordo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:37 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:Tatar wants an equal; this is good. Tatar wants two states; even this is possible. Tatar speaks of Turkish Cypriots, and yet there is no one that speaks of Greek Cypriots, as Person, along with him.

Cypriots at least have the right to being identified as Individuals, without further distinction or discrimination.

...it is a war on Cypriots, "they" have you believing their myth, of "Greekness", and its contemporary, "Turkishness"; we are what we are.

Indeed, the biggest favour the President, Mr. Anastasiades, may do is withdraw, Sovereignty not the question that the two "communities" must resolve between them, but that of Cypriot Constituencies as Persons defined, and their needs.

...i ask, (if there is to be a Turkish Constituency) where is the Greek Constituency?

What is there to talk about GCs. Thay have had full power in Cyprus since 1963.

What was it TCs are asking for prior to Tatar. BBF so we are not reduced to minority status and can run our own affairs subject to Federal Laws which will be agreed before implementation.

Those GCs who agree to share Cyprus equitably and think there was something wrong with such a plan needs their heads examined and those who never agreed with the idea of equitable rule do not need anything more, they can go to hell. With the exception of my cuz Xerodjehalo, I have a special place for him to go to, he can go to the Turkish Hell. Thats where he belongs.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby Maximus » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:49 pm

Lordo wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:Tatar wants an equal; this is good. Tatar wants two states; even this is possible. Tatar speaks of Turkish Cypriots, and yet there is no one that speaks of Greek Cypriots, as Person, along with him.

Cypriots at least have the right to being identified as Individuals, without further distinction or discrimination.

...it is a war on Cypriots, "they" have you believing their myth, of "Greekness", and its contemporary, "Turkishness"; we are what we are.

Indeed, the biggest favour the President, Mr. Anastasiades, may do is withdraw, Sovereignty not the question that the two "communities" must resolve between them, but that of Cypriot Constituencies as Persons defined, and their needs.

...i ask, (if there is to be a Turkish Constituency) where is the Greek Constituency?

What is there to talk about GCs. Thay have had full power in Cyprus since 1963.

What was it TCs are asking for prior to Tatar. BBF so we are not reduced to minority status and can run our own affairs subject to Federal Laws which will be agreed before implementation.

Those GCs who agree to share Cyprus equitably and think there was something wrong with such a plan needs their heads examined and those who never agreed with the idea of equitable rule do not need anything more, they can go to hell. With the exception of my cuz Xerodjehalo, I have a special place for him to go to, he can go to the Turkish Hell. Thats where he belongs.


Tatar and other secessionists might get their RoC passports revoked.

Anastasiadis said those who “do not recognize the Republic of Cyprus, and conduct propaganda for secession and for dividing the country, cannot own a Cypriot passport,’’

So, why havent the TC leadership set up a BBF with the GC's in the north first to demonstrate through example how it is supposed to work before a full roll out. :roll:

It would make sense to give the GC's a veto in all your decision making plus 70% representation and shares. This is what your lot want, not equity. Equity is simply democracy and proportionate elected representation.

We all know why not though, because what is good for the goose is not good for the gander. Its apartheid or succession for them with Turkey in the background always provoking tensions.

The TC leadership are just running their little own Turkish backed pariah "state".

They should be barred from travelling around the EU, and potentially be prosecuted as well for the band of illegitimate thieves that they are.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6261
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:14 pm

...even if Makarios was wrong believing in Enosis, he changed. And if Denktash was more sincere about Cypriots having representation as well, none of "this" would have happened.

As such Anastasiades is failing us, unless he recognises who he is, the representative of all Cypriots as Cypriots, whether the island is (illegally) divided or not. He can have the Flag of Cyprus displayed exclusively when he speaks at official functions, but he does not, for example. He can withdraw from the question of Cypriot Constituencies entirely, so that there is no question as to which hat he wears. A Greek Constituency, representing such a distinct identity may do better at negotiating with Turkish Cypriots, in effect having the same needs from the State. They may even agree unanimously on all their issues, which would be a strong basis on which a Federal Government may Constitutionally speaking reform.

...as it is, Greek Cypriots are left without an effective way to express their own desires, while Cypriots as Cypriots, affectively, have no representation at all.
Last edited by repulsewarrior on Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10778
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby Maximus » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:18 pm

I dont know what the problem is,

Turkey can just leave and the TC's that see themselves as Cypriots can just come back in to the RoC's fold, as it is.

Or go live in Erdogans Turkey if they cant deal with living within a democratic state as a full member of the European Union..

The RoC and the GC's are not going to change to suit Turkish machinations via the TC's in Cyprus.

The TC's will rot in the north before that happens.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6261
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: The war against Cyprus.

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 pm

But who is Cypriot? And what you are suggesting does not leave Turkish Cypriots any more 'one of us". That is the Problem. Cyprus is not "Greek", while the vast majority is Greek speaking.

Recognising this will open many opportunities to us, as Cypriots, being identified as a country which offers to its citizens more choice, as Persons. Yet as Individuals, like most of the (free) world committed, as Humans, to Universal Principals.

Freedom and Liberty; what is a BBF?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10778
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest