The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:51 am

Maximus wrote:I don't think he will just step aside if he gets elected and let someone else be president.

If this is the idea, (Who's?) It is implied that Biden is the strongest democrat candidate, and all others are less likely to win.

Therefore the " young blood" will be a shit president anyway.

I don't think it will work, its a pretty shit strategy. Biden might have mental health issues and if he is the best chance for the democrats to win. God help america.


The young blood are a lost cause. It’s probably a case of anyone other than the young progressive loonies.

I mean seriously! Can you imagine if we had Cortez?

Mainstream left parties like Democrats have lost their way in reason times. Not even the workers want to vote for them.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28766
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:06 am

...frankly, if you are worried about his mental health (Biden's), you should take the time to listen to him speaking about his policies; not just a soundbyte.

The Republican and Democratic Parties are not just Biden and Trump. If it is young blood you are looking for, in that regard it has already been established during the Democratic Leadership debates that Biden, now their Leader has real choices to make toward filling the positions of the Executive Branch of America's government. They are not the radical left or the radical right either, although much attention has been directed to both.

...i ask, what are Trump's policies? He does not have any, actually; neither do the Republicans. Trump's Health Plan, still to be seen, just three weeks ago promised, a (read: another) deadline, which passed silently, who remembers?

...indeed his rush to fill the empty Supreme Court seat demonstrates his cynicism, trusting in the People (as did Obama), clearly is not in his nature.

...Roosevelt comes to mind, thinking of a moment of similar import in American History, fiercely opposed by the ruling elites, the result: the New Deal, and the greatest transformation of America's Civil Works by any single President.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:18 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...frankly, if you are worried about his mental health (Biden's), you should take the time to listen to him speaking about his policies; not just a soundbyte.

The Republican and Democratic Parties are not just Biden and Trump. If it is young blood you are looking for, in that regard it has already been established during the Democratic Leadership debates that Biden, now their Leader has real choices to make toward filling the positions of the Executive Branch of America's government. They are not the radical left or the radical right either, although much attention has been directed to both.

...i ask, what are Trump's policies? He does not have any, actually; neither do the Republicans. Trump's Health Plan, still to be seen, just three weeks ago promised, a (read: another) deadline, which passed silently, who remembers?

...indeed his rush to fill the empty Supreme Court seat demonstrates his cynicism, trusting in the People (as did Obama), clearly is not in his nature.

...Roosevelt comes to mind, thinking of a moment of similar import in American History, fiercely opposed by the ruling elites, the result: the New Deal, and the greatest transformation of America's Civil Works by any single President.


He doesn’t have any policies. I’m not making fun if he has any health issues. These things happen. And I certainly wish him good health.

It seems however that his mental faculties don’t seem to be the same as in previous years. Not mocking this, but I think it’s still valid to question whether he is fit to hold office as POTUS.

The problem with stepping aside for impending health issues means that the person taking over was not elected by the people. Knowing Americans, that isn’t going to go down very well at all.

The only policies the Democrats have are woke social policies on things like Abortion, sane sex marriage and LGBTQI issues, guns, and things like that. And that alienated the Christian Bible Belt as well.

That’s not what anyone wants to hear outside of New York, Boston, Chicago, LA, San Francisco and Washington. People want policies in tax reforms, business tax, job security, cost of living, education and maybe some Health Coverage for workers.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28766
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Maximus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:00 am

What policies?

The dems are trying to get elected through gender politics, racism, defunding the police and cancelling conservative opinion.
Last edited by Maximus on Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5928
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:01 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...frankly, if you are worried about his mental health (Biden's), you should take the time to listen to him speaking about his policies; not just a soundbyte.

The Republican and Democratic Parties are not just Biden and Trump. If it is young blood you are looking for, in that regard it has already been established during the Democratic Leadership debates that Biden, now their Leader has real choices to make toward filling the positions of the Executive Branch of America's government. They are not the radical left or the radical right either, although much attention has been directed to both.

...i ask, what are Trump's policies? He does not have any, actually; neither do the Republicans. Trump's Health Plan, still to be seen, just three weeks ago promised, a (read: another) deadline, which passed silently, who remembers?

...indeed his rush to fill the empty Supreme Court seat demonstrates his cynicism, trusting in the People (as did Obama), clearly is not in his nature.

...Roosevelt comes to mind, thinking of a moment of similar import in American History, fiercely opposed by the ruling elites, the result: the New Deal, and the greatest transformation of America's Civil Works by any single President.


In addition, you saw Trumps policies in action. Policies revolving around tax reform, tariffs and protectionism against American business if they move their plants overseas.

Also his policies on de-escalations on the Korean Peninsula, and Middle East. Withdrawals from Afghanistan and Syria.

In the social issues, he opposes Abortion and generally takes conservative social values. He supports American services personnel, and stands against the Dems with defunding police and other very stupid ideas.

His economic policies were digmfferent yet very productive for America up until COVID.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28766
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:50 pm

I have just received my absentee ballot for the 2020 Elections in the USA. :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16351
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Kikapu wrote:I have just received my absentee ballot for the 2020 Elections in the USA. :D


I know you want to join the Trump train. :wink:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28766
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:28 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:I have just received my absentee ballot for the 2020 Elections in the USA. :D


I know you want to join the Trump train. :wink:


No, I don't think so. :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16351
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:17 pm

User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Londonrake » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 am

Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests