The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Is there god

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Is there god

Postby Kikapu » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:29 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:Sure it is a natural as light and wind etc but all the other natural elements have not got the effect garavity has. Without gravity life could bot exist where without the wind and the sun life goes on nicely under the oceans gavole.
.


Except, gravity has virtually zero affect on all living things in the ocean as long as they are in the water. :wink:

Next thing you will be telling me is the birds are not affected by Gravity. You know very well when a whale dies it sinks to the bottom and becomes food for other creatures. Sure there is other forces in play in the water. I never said gravity is the greatest force. In fact it is quite weak but it influnces hugely life.


I was only addressing your statement about life in the Oceans, and my point is that gravity plays very little when it comes to life in the Oceans.

Yes, gravity does play a part with the birds. I know because I use to shoot some down with my catapult as a kid. :wink:

However, some big bird can also “float” on air without effort, flying with it’s stretched wings by updrafts as the birds “relative density” becomes lower than air. Gravity at this point has no value on the bird.

I have also seen dead whales wash up on California’s beaches. Yes, a dead whale can sink to the bottom when they lose their buoyancy once they are torn apart by other feeders, like sharks. Once their body density goes above the density of the water, they will sink, just like the Titanic.
Last edited by Kikapu on Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Get Real! » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:45 pm

2:24 am
Lordo wrote:Gravity is god,


2:50 pm
Lordo wrote:I never said gravity is the greatest force.


I think we've just witnessed gravity falling! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 46146
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Is there god

Postby Pyrpolizer » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Lordo wrote:What did you say, there is no such thing floating in space. Are you not aware the rocket scientists have worked out how to go round another planet and use its gravitational force to pick up speed, Gavole

How do gravitational assists work in space?
For example, when Voyager was sent out into the Solar System, it used gravitational slingshots past Jupiter and Saturn to increase its velocity enough to escape the Sun’s gravity. So how do gravitational assists work? You probably know this involves flying your spacecraft dangerously close to a massive planet. But how does this help speed you up?

And all to avoid the Sun's gravity. Gravity is god, it is what makes thing work in the universe from creation of solar systems to their final demise into the blackhole.

https://www.universetoday.com/113488/how-do-gravitational-slingshots-work/


Lordo, you probably know I am an Engineer and I know these things inside out. Gravity is a force, that's why it's also called "gravitational force". The examples you mentioned about orbiting spacecrafts gaining momentum/speed by getting nearer to the planet, just demonstrate how they draw energy from the planet's gravitational field. So when you talk about gravity you actually talk about energy transfer. The whole universe IS ENERGY, even solid matter was Energy before becoming matter.

Yet you insist to limit the forms of energy to the magnetic field of planets (which is of coursed transferred via the gravitational force. There are many types of energy in the Universe. This wiki articles (albeit not scientifically correct) may give you an idea.

https://vikaspedia.in/energy/energy-bas ... -of-energy
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11634
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Get Real! wrote:2:24 am
Lordo wrote:Gravity is god,


2:50 pm
Lordo wrote:I never said gravity is the greatest force.


I think we've just witnessed gravity falling! :lol:

You silly arse, where is the contradiction. We have more force than gravity. If we did not we would not be able to hold anything it will be dragged out of our hands. Gravity is gravity, not being the greatest force does not preclude it from being able to create the solar systems and beyond.

We defy gravity every time we lift ourselves off the ground. However you do realise that what goes up must come down right?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:30 pm



...the universe is not as simple as it seems.

Let's not forget that even galaxies were unknown only 100 years ago.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11662
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:45 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:Sure it is a natural as light and wind etc but all the other natural elements have not got the effect garavity has. Without gravity life could bot exist where without the wind and the sun life goes on nicely under the oceans gavole.
.


Except, gravity has virtually zero affect on all living things in the ocean as long as they are in the water. :wink:

Next thing you will be telling me is the birds are not affected by Gravity. You know very well when a whale dies it sinks to the bottom and becomes food for other creatures. Sure there is other forces in play in the water. I never said gravity is the greatest force. In fact it is quite weak but it influnces hugely life.


I was only addressing your statement about life in the Oceans, and my point is that gravity plays very little when it comes to life in the Oceans.

Yes, gravity does play a part with the birds. I know because I use to shoot some down with my catapult as a kid. :wink:

However, some big bird can also “float” on air without effort, flying with it’s stretched wings by updrafts as the birds “relative density” becomes lower than air. Gravity at this point has no value on the bird.

I have also seen dead whales wash up on California’s beaches. Yes, a dead whale can sink to the bottom when they lose their buoyancy once they are torn apart by other feeders, like sharks. Once their body density goes above the density of the water, they will sink, just like the Titanic.

The gravitu is the same for fish in the water as it is with birds in the air. Naturally a certain motion with the surface area of the body will make it lok as though there is no gravity but Gravity is there never the less. Being quite week clearly is defeated by all sorts of other forces. Like a Jumbo Jet flying in the air for instance.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:47 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:

...the universe is not as simple as it seems.

Let's not forget that even galaxies were unknown only 100 years ago.

The old folk may not have known about the galaxies but they were aware of the stars. It just goes to show how much knowledge we have aquired in the last few hundred years.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:30 pm



...an amusing argument.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11662
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Is there god

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:25 am



...and this one.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11662
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:32 pm

John Lennox is talking out of his arse. Gravity is 10m's/s and it is responsible for creating the planets and the stars in the universes. That is maths alright.

Strange enough we had
1+1 =2
2+2=4
and that is how particle by particle all what wee see was created.

No this proves gravity is god.

Bowling ball falls at the same rate as the feathers in a vacuum.

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests