The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 am

Nationalism was invented by Napoleon III, and he became Emperor because of it. It was a very profound idea that unified the French not by language but by the relics and ideals its Citizens held to be valuable to them; la Gloire de France, whether German or French by ethnic origin, on Principal it could be supported. Indeed, since then it has been exploited.

Like Napoleon, it was exploited by Ataturk, (and Hitler; to name two other significant players) not for the benefit of his population as a whole, but for the elite that surrounded him. It continues to be a source of plunder by those who take Humanity as something second place, to their own "ethnicity", as though blood is not blood, one and the same; as though Universal Principals are easily ignored. It is not Nationalism which is bad, it is the concepts that have been placed on it by the political class, for power.

Lest we Forget, the lesson of the First World War, enemies exist, but not each other. Hatred is good, against real enemies, like Hunger, Disease, and Ignorance.

Cypriots if given a chance can prove that there is some good in Nationalism, as Cypriots; rather than as how they have been divided, for "Greekness" and "Turkishness", whatever they may be, one in the same.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7956
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby kurupetos » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:24 pm

I believe it was first invented by Alexander the Great, who united the Greeks against the Persians. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18335
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby DrCyprus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 am

kurupetos wrote:I believe it was first invented by Alexander the Great, who united the Greeks against the Persians. :wink:


Some things get forgotten and have to be invented again from scratch.
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby DT. » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am

Get Real! wrote:
JustCypriot wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
JustCypriot wrote:Another pussy fart from you :) But dont worry soon I will see you and your photo will be here. Now continue to talk. Save the police number that your friends shared because you will need it soon :D

You fucking little faggot... don't come back here again.

You are on the list to retired pussy :)

So you want men’s phone numbers in the south so they can fuck your smelly Turkish arse, eh?

You disgusting little poofter!


:lol: wtf? You’re such a magnet for weirdos :lol: :lol:
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 am

"We must come together as a Nation", so says Donald Trump.

...but what is the American Nation? America is a State, having a Constitution and a set of Laws.

What is an American; White, Black, Hispanic, German?

Indeed Cyprus has a lot to learn from America, being Bicommunal by nature; a Federal government which regards its Citizens as Individuals, and individual states which regard themselves as Persons. Indeed Cypriots can learn a lot from Americans, not a colour, an ethnicity, or a creed.

Is there an American Nation?

Yes, there is, without a doubt; no one is unable to say they are American, and no one in America hesitates to call themselves as such either.

...it is something to think about. Divided Cyprus remains impotent. United, Cypriots represent a People with a great deal to offer as a political force.

In the most simple terms America has a Flag everyone is willing to stand under. In Cyprus there is only confusion, which in the end will come to a climax where Cypriots will have to choose, to die, for it; or not.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7956
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby Lordo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 pm

oh but there was and is an american nation long before the european trash came to there. they are refered to as native americans these days which renders everybody else foreign.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11556
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby DrCyprus » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 am

Lordo wrote:oh but there was and is an american nation long before the european trash came to there. they are refered to as native americans these days which renders everybody else foreign.


There were also several nations in Asia minor united under the Roman Empire, before Turkish trash came to there. Turks criminally genocided them.

Matta 7:3-5
3 Sen neden kardeşinin gözündeki çöpü görürsün de kendi gözündeki merteği farketmezsin?
4 Kendi gözünde mertek varken kardeşine nasıl, ‹İzin ver, gözündeki çöpü çıkarayım› dersin?
5 Seni ikiyüzlü! Önce kendi gözündeki merteği çıkar, o zaman kardeşinin gözündeki çöpü çıkarmak için daha iyi görürsün.
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby Lordo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:40 am

i like the sound of that. the romans united them right? they could not have invaded could they after all they were christians right.

i got news for you boy. the terggs going back to cnegiz han had a very simple policy. if you join us rather than fight us, you will not be killed and will be allowed to keep your wealth and your religion. which is why ottoman empire was probaply about 10 percent terggish and 90 percent native. even if you did fight against them with their enemy and changed sides they still would let you switch. when you are under any country and have to feed your familyt they saw nothing wrong with you fighting against them with their ebnemy.

the grand vezir that run theings was allways from the natives and even the king was probaply less that 10% terggish.

compared to the americans who used everything possible to murder 36 million native americans.

they killed the food source they depended on
they enclaved them in reservations
gave them blankets covered in viruses they had no defence against

all this after the natives helped the first arrivals to survive by helping them with food. has any other antion in the history of the world ever killed 36 million natives?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11556
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby DrCyprus » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Lordo wrote:i like the sound of that. the romans united them right? they could not have invaded could they after all they were christians right.


They didn't revolt for 1000 years. They built a system that worked and even though they were different they all called themselves Romans and you also called them Romans. You still call Cypriots Rum.

Lordo wrote:i got news for you boy. the terggs going back to cnegiz han had a very simple policy. if you join us rather than fight us, you will not be killed and will be allowed to keep your wealth and your religion. which is why ottoman empire was probaply about 10 percent terggish and 90 percent native. even if you did fight against them with their enemy and changed sides they still would let you switch. when you are under any country and have to feed your familyt they saw nothing wrong with you fighting against them with their ebnemy.

the grand vezir that run theings was allways from the natives and even the king was probaply less that 10% terggish.


That's just what they tell to you and yours, bitter weak traitors whose roots are people who left their religion and community so they can live an easy life as Muslims.

We have DNA tests now, and we know that all Anatolian Turks of today carry Turkic DNA.

Children of raped Christian women who think they are altaic wolves.

Murderers of millions of Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians who were native to Anatolia for thousands of years.[/quote]

Lordo wrote:compared to the americans who used everything possible to murder 36 million native americans.

they killed the food source they depended on
they enclaved them in reservations
gave them blankets covered in viruses they had no defence against

all this after the natives helped the first arrivals to survive by helping them with food. has any other antion in the history of the world ever killed 36 million natives?


Clueless bullshit, but what do I expect from the little boy of someone who hated his people so much he converted and became a Turk.
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: Cypriotism (Cypriot Nationalism)

Postby Lordo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 pm

anybody cantranslate this little ditty for us.
Image
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11556
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests