The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Brexit: just a reminder

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Brexit: just a reminder

Postby Londonrake » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:00 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote: Of course, they do that already to the poorest in our society as they have installed pre-payment meters in houses that can least afford energy and not only are they charging them a higher price, they are taking payment up front.


We had this system in the UK in the 60’s where we had to feed the meter a Shilling at a time to get hot water to the bathtub!

Sometimes we had to wash off the soap from our eyes with cold water once the shilling was used up.

So, is the UK going back 60 years to the way things used to be? :shock:

Indeed it is exactly that except the money does not get put in the meter, you have to go and find a shop that will accept payments for gas/electricity and pay them to update the meter. So it is slightly worse than in the 60s. Ironically of course BoZo won the election saying he will stop Corbyn taking the country back to the 70s.

Go figure and there are idiots here who get upset about criticising the Swine party.


You were lucky! :lol: In the 50s we had a tin bath which used to hang from a nail on the garden fence. Sundays it was brought in and dragged to front of the living room coal fire (the only heating in the house). Mum would then fill it up, hot water coming from saucepans on the kitchen stove (there was no HW in the place other than). I was the eldest - so went in first. Luxury. Last got the benefits of everybody’s weeks running around the neighbourhood.

Continuing on the theme. The only toilet was one shared between us and the family upstairs. It was outside. Toilet paper was in the future for people like us. We used to use squares of newspaper on a piece of string hanging from the ceiling. I learned a lot there, reading about Diana Dors’s exploits in The News of the World. :lol:

Lordo. You keep prattling on about people getting upset at your criticising the Conservative Party. Who FFS? :? That’s total bollocks - and you know it. Like a lot of your efforts, you’re just making it up. :roll:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Brexit: just a reminder

Postby Lordo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:47 pm

You mean to tell me little oll Cyprus was more civilised than Britain regarding washroom facilities back in the 50s?

We had running water to the bath, a bath room and a toilet all to ourselves.

Shiiiit meeeeeeeeen, in fact we had two toilets. I may add that we had our own toilets from before 1800 in our house. It's just the running water which came in under the Brits.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Brexit: just a reminder

Postby Londonrake » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Lordo wrote:You mean to tell me little oll Cyprus was more civilised than Britain regarding washroom facilities back in the 50s?

We had running water to the bath, a bath room and a toilet all to ourselves.

Shiiiit meeeeeeeeen, in fact we had two toilets. I may add that we had our own toilets from before 1800 in our house. It's just the running water which came in under the Brits.


Ahh - but you missed out on Diana. :lol:

Perhaps you might understand - just a little better - that, unlike yourself, poverty to me isn’t an academic matter. In 58 I spent a month in a Bognor Regis convalescent home “underweight” - a euphemism for malnutrition - and riddled with worms.

Your “old boy” retorts and lies about my supporting the Tories, in a clumsy attempt to paint me as some sort of haughty, silver-spooned Toff, couldn’t be further from the truth. :wink:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Brexit: just a reminder

Postby Lordo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:22 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Lordo wrote:You mean to tell me little oll Cyprus was more civilised than Britain regarding washroom facilities back in the 50s?

We had running water to the bath, a bath room and a toilet all to ourselves.

Shiiiit meeeeeeeeen, in fact we had two toilets. I may add that we had our own toilets from before 1800 in our house. It's just the running water which came in under the Brits.


Ahh - but you missed out on Diana. :lol:

Perhaps you might understand - just a little better - that, unlike yourself, poverty to me isn’t an academic matter. In 58 I spent a month in a Bognor Regis convalescent home “underweight” - a euphemism for malnutrition - and riddled with worms.

Your “old boy” retorts and lies about my supporting the Tories, in a clumsy attempt to paint me as some sort of haughty, silver-spooned Toff, couldn’t be further from the truth. :wink:

Far from it, you are on the level of all them red brick idiots who were made to believe that BoZo would serve their interests better than Corbyn and voted for the Swine Cunt.

And yet you have no understanding of what poor people are going through today. You are what I call plastic toffee.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Brexit: just a reminder

Postby Londonrake » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:38 pm

Lordo wrote:Far from it, you are on the level of all them red brick idiots who were made to believe that BoZo would serve their interests better than Corbyn and voted for the Swine Cunt.

And yet you have no understanding of what poor people are going through today. You are what I call plastic toffee.


Ahh - here we are, back down in the gutter again. :roll:

Not sure what you mean by “red brick”. Isn’t that an Oxford/Cambridge sorta thing? :?

What leads you to believe I voted for Johnson? Although, an amazing number of people did. Constituencies which had been Labour since the party was formed incredibly went Conservative. Labour got their worst dicking for almost a century. The reasons? Labour’s reneging on their 2017 Brexit promise but mainly…………… that walking/talking disaster, Corbyn.

A lot of my family still live in the old territory so I’d wager I’ve probably a better idea than yourself - with your extensive property portfolio and crocodile tears - about “what people are going through”.

You are what I call ……. an idiot.

Stop digging. :wink:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Brexit: just a reminder

Postby Pyrpolizer » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:18 pm

Anyway the video is not really about the poverty in the UK. Has anyone watched it?

Sorry for posting so many videos, that's the easiest way for me to learn. I just put them on and hear what they are saying instead of watching. It's like hearing to the radio, while doing other work.
Much better than reading articles and falling asleep. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12892
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests