The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Londonrake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Lordo wrote:how long has akinci had a say in anything in the uk. are we having a breakdown today. keeptaking the tablets, the whitecoats will be along in a mo.



Actually, it should be after Erolz and then yourself take them, for first diverting the thread with talk of inheritance taxes/the Duke of Westminster. Google “hypocrite”.

BTW. Here’s a Monday freebie. It’s “my father taught me” not “my father learnt me”. :wink:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Lordo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:22 pm

to the more important matters that your father probaply never learnt you.

anastasiades has told talat that the meeting is not worth going to. i mean what the hell is he playing at. time to come clean old man.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/11/09/akel-calls-on-president-to-explain-negative-comments-over-berlin-talks/
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Zenon33 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Yes, but who cares?. All NC politicans are slaves of the sultan.
User avatar
Zenon33
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:49 pm
Location: Limassol, Cyprus

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Lordo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Zenon33 wrote:Yes, but who cares?. All NC politicans are slaves of the sultan.

walk on by.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby LiopetriX » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:57 pm

There is still long time until the elections. I dont think Turkey will let Akinci to win. Most of the voters in the occupied areas are illegal Turkish settlers anyway.
LiopetriX
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 am

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Lordo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:13 pm

LiopetriX wrote:There is still long time until the elections. I dont think Turkey will let Akinci to win. Most of the voters in the occupied areas are illegal Turkish settlers anyway.

you are mistaken, erdogan did not want akinci to win last time. not all settlers are on one political colour. you get them from the most right wing to the most leftwing and everything in between. akinci is way ahead in the polls so if he stands he will win. he did say last time that he has no wish just to occupy a seat, he wants to solve the problem and if it proves not possible he will not stand again.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Maximus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:48 pm

This has been going on for nearly 50 years.

You need to look at the historical track record and make high probability decisions about what to expect from this.

The reason why these talks never get anywhere is because the TC politicians are too intransigent and greedy. They want to keep what they stole and negotiate for some more.

They do not ever respect the GC's rights. Negotiations are never about a fair and just solution fit for the 21st century. Ever.

It doesn't matter who wins the pseudo elections in the north. They are just puppets to their "sultan" in Ankara.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5082
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Lordo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Maximus wrote:This has been going on for nearly 50 years.

You need to look at the historical track record and make high probability decisions about what to expect from this.

The reason why these talks never get anywhere is because the TC politicians are too intransigent and greedy. They want to keep what they stole and negotiate for some more.

They do not ever respect the GC's rights. Negotiations are never about a fair and just solution fit for the 21st century. Ever.

It doesn't matter who wins the pseudo elections in the north. They are just puppets to their "sultan" in Ankara.


foirst take your blue tinted griiiiiiik glasses off and look at the facts again dear boy. with dengtash i agree he had no intention of any agreement nor did eroglu although he was made to sign the agreement in feb 2014. when it comes to talat and akinci the game was reversed.

and the international community knows it too whcih is why nasty is sweating crying for the talks to start. like hell they will till he agrees to conclude.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Maximus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:45 pm

What I stated above are the facts.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Just read it again or keep marching towards extinction with your red tinted Turgish glasses on old boy.

:roll:

Akingi is the same as all the predecessors. He Negotiates along the same lines because the script comes from the "sultan" in Ankara.

The only thing he did differently was come to the negotiating table with some symbolic olive leaves to present to the GC's. As if that would be enough for them to accept the age old same unacceptable same demands.

Some people think that he is a "nice guy", a "true Cypriot", but he doesn't have any substance to back it up. :roll:

It doesn't matter if he is ahead at the polls or even if he wins. He will deliver nothing, like he has already because, his script is prepared in Ankara.

Facts. All facts.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5082
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: ...Akinci ahead at the polls.

Postby Kikapu » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Maximus wrote:What I stated above are the facts.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Just read it again or keep marching towards extinction with your red tinted Turgish glasses on old boy.

:roll:

Akingi is the same as all the predecessors. He Negotiates along the same lines because the script comes from the "sultan" in Ankara.

The only thing he did differently was come to the negotiating table with some symbolic olive leaves to present to the GC's. As if that would be enough for them to accept the age old same unacceptable same demands.

Some people think that he is a "nice guy", a "true Cypriot", but he doesn't have any substance to back it up. :roll:

It doesn't matter if he is ahead at the polls or even if he wins. He will deliver nothing, like he has already because, his script is prepared in Ankara.

Facts. All facts.


Perhaps if Akinci wins, he has nothing to lose by asking for a Cyprus agreement based on EU principles and go against Ankara and all the other right wingers. He will become darling of the UN, the EU and the RoC. The most Ankara would do is to try and assassinate him, but at least he will die as a True Cypriot and not as Turkey's puppet any longer. His legacy would last forever for trying, if nothing else. :idea:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14319
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests