The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


...a History question.

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Re: ...a History question.

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:54 am

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Once again, I have no issue at all with the video. i even watched it and thought it was accurate.

but it isn't anything I didn't know before thanks to my alternative sources.


Go here

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

on the right deselect all countries, then select just Singapore and South Korea. Then play the chart over time. What is shows you that you still have not understood is that Singapore is NOT comparable to South Korea in terms of getting on top of this thing. What it shows is an initial 'getting of top it' that it then lost and is now back on the exponential again. That you think 'you knew all this' just shows your complete arrogance along with your ignorance. Now who does that remind me off ?


And you point is?

What does this have to do with trump.

I am saddened to see Singapore do badly obviously, like every other country, but why are you wanting to politicize this?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27436
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby erolz66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:05 am

Paphitis wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Once again, I have no issue at all with the video. i even watched it and thought it was accurate.

but it isn't anything I didn't know before thanks to my alternative sources.


Go here

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

on the right deselect all countries, then select just Singapore and South Korea. Then play the chart over time. What is shows you that you still have not understood is that Singapore is NOT comparable to South Korea in terms of getting on top of this thing. What it shows is an initial 'getting of top it' that it then lost and is now back on the exponential again. That you think 'you knew all this' just shows your complete arrogance along with your ignorance. Now who does that remind me off ?


And you point is?

What does this have to do with trump.

I am saddened to see Singapore do badly obviously, like every other country, but why are you wanting to politicize this?


I am not the one politicising this. I am saying, in the face of your political claims , that Trumps is doing as good as anywhere else and better than most, that the data, properly analysed and properly understood shows this is NOT TRUE. South Korea is doing better than anywhere else except China which you discount. Your attempt to include Singapore in the list of exceptions that have got off the exponential was entirely political just as it was also entirely wrong. I am saying that RW video is important in the face of your arrogant claims that you knew all that was in it before you saw it and your patent failure to understand it.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:07 am

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Once again, I have no issue at all with the video. i even watched it and thought it was accurate.

but it isn't anything I didn't know before thanks to my alternative sources.


Go here

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

on the right deselect all countries, then select just Singapore and South Korea. Then play the chart over time. What is shows you that you still have not understood is that Singapore is NOT comparable to South Korea in terms of getting on top of this thing. What it shows is an initial 'getting of top it' that it then lost and is now back on the exponential again. That you think 'you knew all this' just shows your complete arrogance along with your ignorance. Now who does that remind me off ?


And you point is?

What does this have to do with trump.

I am saddened to see Singapore do badly obviously, like every other country, but why are you wanting to politicize this?


I am not the one politicising this. I am saying, in the face of your political claims , that Trumps is doing as good as anywhere else and better than most, that the data, properly analysed and properly understood shows this is NOT TRUE. South Korea is doing better than anywhere else except China which you discount. Your attempt to include Singapore in the list of exceptions that have got off the exponential was entirely political just as it was also entirely wrong. I am saying that RW video is important in the face of your arrogant claims that you knew all that was in it before you saw it and your patent failure to understand it.


Really! Maybe you should give up on analyzing graphs.

America's infection rate, whilst exponential, is a lot lower than many European countries. I never for one second said they were doing well. They are going ballistic but they are doing better in the sense that they have a much lower infection rate than Europe.

They have a much lower infection rate per million and Europe is still getting more infections per day as well. And they are also getting less deaths per million.

So yeh, they seem to be doing better to me. look at the data.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27436
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby erolz66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:29 am

Paphitis wrote:Really! Maybe you should give up on analyzing graphs.

America's infection rate, whilst exponential, is a lot lower than many European countries. I never for one second said they were doing well. They are going ballistic but they are doing better in the sense that they have a much lower infection rate than Europe.

They have a much lower infection rate per million and Europe is still getting more infections per day as well. And they are also getting less deaths per million.

So yeh, they seem to be doing better to me. look at the data.


If science and logic matter and not political dogma, then the entire point of the video and data analysis behind it that RW posted, that you said you agreed with and knew anyway, is that there is only one key thing that matters if you are trying to determine how well a country is or is not getting to grips with the outbreak and that is the degree to which it has or has not got off the exponential curve. Lower infection rates at given point in time across countries where infection started at different times and that are themselves exponential and thereby changing daily can not show if a country is making progress or not. That is the point the video makes.

Round and round and round we go. Paphitis' politics he will not let go.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 am

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Really! Maybe you should give up on analyzing graphs.

America's infection rate, whilst exponential, is a lot lower than many European countries. I never for one second said they were doing well. They are going ballistic but they are doing better in the sense that they have a much lower infection rate than Europe.

They have a much lower infection rate per million and Europe is still getting more infections per day as well. And they are also getting less deaths per million.

So yeh, they seem to be doing better to me. look at the data.


If science and logic matter and not political dogma, then the entire point of the video and data analysis behind it that RW posted, that you said you agreed with and knew anyway, is that there is only one key thing that matters if you are trying to determine how well a country is or is not getting to grips with the outbreak and that is the degree to which it has or has not got off the exponential curve. Lower infection rates at given point in time across countries where infection started at different times and that are themselves exponential and thereby changing daily can not show if a country is making progress or not. That is the point the video makes.

Round and round and round we go. Paphitis' politics he will not let go.


Sorry but that isn't the only indicator. I look at all the data. For instance, the number of deaths.

For instance, the number of deaths in Italy and Spain and some other countries indicate that those countries have a health system that is unable to cope with demand. whereas the US is able to cope for now.

In addition, the number of cases per million also indicates that the USA is in a better position than most European countries. I think better than all European countries except for Cyprus. So Cyprus is doing really well and on top of that have gone full draconian on their population, something Australia, Singapore and USA refuse to do. I hope those draconian measures work for them.

In addition, you even called for a National Unity Government in the UK, all because Boris contracted China Virus. Tell me, when are you going to start living in the real world.

Now, don't ever post any more sleazy pictures of yourself on the internet. No one wants to see your hairy armpits or ugly mug. have some respect!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27436
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby erolz66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 am

Paphitis wrote:Sorry but that isn't the only indicator. I look at all the data. For instance, the number of deaths.


Which just goes to show your total failure to understand the video explaining that chart and the chart itself.

Quoting from the youtube video you claim to agree with and 'knew already'.

when you are in the middle of an exponential, it's essentially impossible to tell when it is going to end.


That is why THE chart is so important and why it is shows stuff that it is IMPOSSIBLE to see from looking at 'normal' stats and charts that you keep banging on about, like infections per million on a given day in a given country or over a few given days in a given country or any time sequence, or death rates or any other stuff. THE chart does not have time on either axis. You have not 'got it' as far as the video goes and possibly never will.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:59 am

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Sorry but that isn't the only indicator. I look at all the data. For instance, the number of deaths.


Which just goes to show your total failure to understand the video explaining that chart and the chart itself.

Quoting from the youtube video you claim to agree with and 'knew already'.

when you are in the middle of an exponential, it's essentially impossible to tell when it is going to end.


That is why THE chart is so important and why it is shows stuff that it is IMPOSSIBLE to see from looking at 'normal' stats and charts that you keep banging on about, like infections per million on a given day in a given country or over a few given days in a given country or any time sequence, or death rates or any other stuff. THE chart does not have time on either axis. You have not 'got it' as far as the video goes and possibly never will.


Oh I understood the video 100% and not only that I could have given RW an explanation on exponential growth weeks ago.

Just like when I told people the media are looking at the wrong tables.

And thank you very much about your other clanger. I mean seriously. When did anyone say they know when or how this is going to end? I have no idea where it's going to end.

But in Australia's case at least, we are seeing positive trends which means the curve can be flattened and things seem to be going well for us. I hope it goes well for Europe too, but it doesn't look like it any time soon.

So it seems your attempt to politicize and blame our Governments has fallen flat on its face as per usual.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27436
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby erolz66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:22 am

Paphitis wrote:So it seems your attempt to politicize and blame our Governments has fallen flat on its face as per usual.


If you want a politicised version of the story of US vs South Korea you only have to look here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... dApp_Gmail

Which you will just write of as MSM attempts to impeach Trump with no need for any critical consideration, because that is all you are capable of doing.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby Paphitis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:34 am

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:So it seems your attempt to politicize and blame our Governments has fallen flat on its face as per usual.


If you want a politicised version of the story of US vs South Korea you only have to look here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... dApp_Gmail

Which you will just write of as MSM attempts to impeach Trump with no need for any critical consideration, because that is all you are capable of doing.


Stop changing the goal posts.

I am not going to get in an argument about who is doing better out of South Korea and the USA. It is very clear South Korea is doing better.

But that doesn't mean you can turn around blame Trump and say "oh look, Trump's to blame because look at South Korea". Doesn't work that way. For one, South Korea has had a couple of outbreaks in the past. They have been the best prepared country in the world as a result of this.

The USA has its strategy and so do most countries as well as all the European countries. Now compare Germany with South Korea. "Oh look, they are not travelling well, so its Merkel's fault. Oh Dear".

You started playing that game as the ideologue that you are. I never did any such thing with any country no matter how dire their situation is (Italy and Spain). It really is a scummy thing to do. My hope of course is for these countries to get on top of it and I know they are doing their very best. Can't ask for more.

I never criticized any country or Government over China Virus except for China. The reason I do that is because that's where the China Virus originated from and people need to be reminded and as Australia, we desperately need to reassess our relations with China at all levels.

I don't do politicized and your description of the Guardian Article as a politicized piece has turned me off. So no, I won't be looking there. Guardian goes off the rails often.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27436
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: ...a History question.

Postby erolz66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:07 pm

IMO Paphitis you are clearly unable to see the wood from the trees or differentiate your arse from your elbow. You simply lack the intellectual tools to be able to do so.

Paphitis wrote:I know they are doing their very best. Can't ask for more.


Using only a data driven approach and using THE chart that ask the single most important first order priority question - does the data show a given country by it's actions or lack of them to date has broken the exponential curve or not, any country that shows it has yet to do so and is not aggressively seeking to emulate the one country that the data shows has done, has not and is not yet 'doing the best that can be done' and not only can we ask for more we should on mass be demanding they do so. This is as true for Germany as it is for any other country including the US.

Keep insisting that those countries you 'like' with leaders 'you like' have and are doing the very best that can be done in defiance of the data, the data that matters most on the question that matters most, if you like. It might make you feel better but it will not save any more lives that could be saved or limit damage to economies local and global that could be reduced.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest