The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


New lockdown rules

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

New lockdown rules

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:34 pm

This is the best guide in English I have been able to find so far about the new lockdown rules that came into effect at 18.00 hours today:

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/coronav ... own-rules/
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8308
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby Londonrake » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:43 pm

I tried the text option this evening and received no response. So, I've printed out the paper one to use, as and when.

I'm not sure how all this will go down with the general population here but suspect it could fall at the first hurdle.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby miltiades » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:47 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:This is the best guide in English I have been able to find so far about the new lockdown rules that came into effect at 18.00 hours today:

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/coronav ... own-rules/

Well done Tim.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17946
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:51 pm

Londonrake wrote:I tried the text option this evening and received no response. So, I've printed out the paper one to use, as and when.

I'm not sure how all this will go down with the general population here but suspect it could fall at the first hurdle.


That's reassuring because I am a bit of a novice to sending SMSs and also tried to send one to no avail and thought I must be making a mistake.

One of my neighbours says it's OK to walk a dog or take a stroll close to your home, but I phoned our local police station (Germasogeia) and they said you need to apply for permission to go out at all times.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8308
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby Londonrake » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Londonrake wrote:I tried the text option this evening and received no response. So, I've printed out the paper one to use, as and when.

I'm not sure how all this will go down with the general population here but suspect it could fall at the first hurdle.


That's reassuring because I am a bit of a novice to sending SMSs and also tried to send one to no avail and thought I must be making a mistake.

One of my neighbours says it's OK to walk a dog or take a stroll close to your home, but I phoned our local police station (Germasogeia) and they said you need to apply for permission to go out at all times.


Yes. It says you're prohibited from leaving your place of residence except in the following "exceptional" circumstances. Then gives you a list of numbered options. Each only valid for 3 hours from inception. What will the people here make of it though? Who will be enforcing it and how? :?
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby miltiades » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:05 pm

Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko has the right antidote to the virus.
Drink vodka and wash your hands with...vodka :lol:
" Other extraordinary advice expressed by the president are that Belarus citizens should “drink vodka, go to the sauna and work hard” as a measure to fight the virus."

Brilliant !!!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17946
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Londonrake wrote:I tried the text option this evening and received no response. So, I've printed out the paper one to use, as and when.

I'm not sure how all this will go down with the general population here but suspect it could fall at the first hurdle.



No surprise...

The options changed through the day too - so if you selected '7' for walking the dog from the information earlier you could presumably be fined €150 for not self isolating later... :roll:

I'll stay in tomorrow until it is all settled. The dog can have a day off... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7802
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby Londonrake » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:38 pm

Apparently, the system went live, was flooded and maxed out. Although "everybody will get a reply" is the party line.

I would suggest that a system like this was clearly going to be flooded out and they should have thought it through.

I'll stick with my (mostly) pre-filled in WORD doc for the present I think.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm

Londonrake wrote:Apparently, the system went live, was flooded and maxed out. Although "everybody will get a reply" is the party line.

I would suggest that a system like this was clearly going to be flooded out and they should have thought it through.

I'll stick with my (mostly) pre-filled in WORD doc for the present I think.


You can seriously just self-certificate yourself, can you?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8308
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: New lockdown rules

Postby Londonrake » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Apparently, the system went live, was flooded and maxed out. Although "everybody will get a reply" is the party line.

I would suggest that a system like this was clearly going to be flooded out and they should have thought it through.

I'll stick with my (mostly) pre-filled in WORD doc for the present I think.


You can seriously just self-certificate yourself, can you?


Yes. Form available here:


https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/24/coro ... o-outside/

.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest