The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:05 am

...despite the falsehoods of any President; some, more than others. You can't paint Trump any less a liar Paphitis by comparing him to this man, at least in my opinion.

In any case the "big lie" is a lie.

If not, we the rest of us on this planet, were promised proof; what trial are "they" waiting for, if not the (last) impeachment? And now where "they" have taken weeks to "count" the ballots in AZ, (still looking for "proof")?

...i ask, is that all there is; "America": Trump's? Should we be expecting nothing to ever be changing again in America; all that's left is him: that some may believe him perfect, or that he will live forever?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10776
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:16 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...despite the falsehoods of any President; some, more than others. You can't paint Trump any less a liar Paphitis by comparing him to this man, at least in my opinion.

In any case the "big lie" is a lie.

If not, we the rest of us on this planet, were promised proof; what trial are "they" waiting for, if not the (last) impeachment? And now where "they" have taken weeks to "count" the ballots in AZ, (still looking for "proof")?

...i ask, is that all there is; "America": Trump's? Should we be expecting nothing to ever be changing again in America; all that's left is him: that some may believe him perfect, or that he will live forever?


I don’t know if Trump is a liar. Every businessman or politician is a liar. That’s the way it is.

But, in Trump we had an alternative to the same old same old. I remember when Obama came in. So much hope and yet he got swept away by the Deep State and in the end was the same as the rest of the corrupt before him, if not even worse.

Trump however turned things on their ear. He bought something new and completely different. Everyone knew not to mess with America. He reformed the tax system and created record jobs. He secured America’s borders and emptied the “cages”. He was anti polemic. No longer would America cause a war for the sake of it, but only if he had to and only as a last resort. Iran and China knew where they stood. And he made inroads to peace, enough to warrant a Nobel Peace prize for real. He should have got the Nobel Peace prize if it wasn’t corrupt just for his diplomacy with Korea (North Korea and South Korea). He diffused a volatile situation just for daring to do what no other American POTUS dared to do before him.

And for the first time ever, the elites were called out for what they truly are. He declared war against the sleazy figures in the shadows.

He put America first in everything.

And he wasn’t quite as unstable as the MSM tried to portray. Quite the contrary in fact. I have no idea why I initially got swept away by the narrative. I remember some years back I even watched The Apprentice. Probably scripted. But he was always quite intelligent. A bit of an ego though. As you would expect a billionaire businessman to be. Always use to getting what he wants and always used to winning more times than not. No different to Gates.

If people want to know what lunatic means, then follow Elon Musk. The guy is a nut. Definitely a lot of Aspergers there.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29628
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:46 am

Now of course, under Biden, no one knows where they stand. This resulting in new alliances and coalitions being formed as no one even knows whether America is still asleep at the wheel or AWOL.

The stakes are too high for America to be asleep.

So new alliances are formed, preparing for the worst and they do know what the stakes are - namely the Japan, France and Australia alliance to fill any void.

The past events in America have been extremely damaging.

France is taking over a lot of the slack. They are a small country compared to America with a lot to lose. Japan too. It’s great that past rivalries and wars are condemned to just the history books and that today we are brothers and United with this great country.

It’s time for Biden to look at the Statue of Liberty and appreciate the country that gifted this important symbol to America.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29628
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:40 am

...their is merit in what you say, (talking about his original ambitions) Paphitis; i too was hopeful, with this possibility at the beginning. But in four short years, he has demonstrated in his mean spirit, what are his America's flaws. Indeed, there were efforts he made in foreign policy which will, i think, be recognised as turning points quite timely, like with China, and in the Middle East, even Korea; but only time will tell. Humanity's issues like the COVID, and a cleaner and safer world (pollution and climate change,e.g.) were not priorities, rather, he denied them; as such America's Leadership around the world was diminished. Hunger and disease, as well as Ignorance, were not his priorities either.

As for the "jobs" metric, it means nothing to a person flipping burgers for a living at a large multi-national demonstrating great success on the stock market; and his policy on education, what was it?

The Internet is less free because of him, i remember at least; reversing "Obama's" course, where all players are equal, it was a victory for (American) internet service providers and a blow to us the users (around the world).

...there are guns and butter, as we've said before; balance is what's needed.

Where was the butter? (that is a question which on many levels demands an answer)

And while Trump never went to war per se, no one will deny, (he doesn't in any case), that he is a big admirer of the Military and its power.

...then there is Jan 6, nothing like it but 1812: but "Republicans" are not the British (or are they)?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10776
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:20 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...their is merit in what you say, (talking about his original ambitions) Paphitis; i too was hopeful, with this possibility at the beginning. But in four short years, he has demonstrated in his mean spirit, what are his America's flaws. Indeed, there were efforts he made in foreign policy which will, i think, be recognised as turning points quite timely, like with China, and in the Middle East, even Korea; but only time will tell. Humanity's issues like the COVID, and a cleaner and safer world (pollution and climate change,e.g.) were not priorities, rather, he denied them; as such America's Leadership around the world was diminished. Hunger and disease, as well as Ignorance, were not his priorities either.

As for the "jobs" metric, it means nothing to a person flipping burgers for a living at a large multi-national demonstrating great success on the stock market; and his policy on education, what was it?

The Internet is less free because of him, i remember at least; reversing "Obama's" course, where all players are equal, it was a victory for (American) internet service providers and a blow to us the users (around the world).

...there are guns and butter, as we've said before; balance is what's needed.

Where was the butter? (that is a question which on many levels demands an answer)

And while Trump never went to war per se, no one will deny, (he doesn't in any case), that he is a big admirer of the Military and its power.

...then there is Jan 6, nothing like it but 1812: but "Republicans" are not the British (or are they)?


The mean spirit is what the MSM moved heaven and earth to portray, many times unsubstantiated as well RW. It's amazing how much grip the MSM have on our hearts and minds.

When there were BLM riots, law enforcement would crack down as you would expect, yet it was somehow racially motivated by a racist POTUS.

His immigration policy too - they would say Trump was racist. Yet the border security stamped out human trafficking, and a subsequent emptying of the "cages". Now these "cages" (not called that now) are once again full of families. No one wants to see families locked up in detention centres. It's awful.

And to empty them is the least racist thing to do. And safer as well.

Every year thousands would die just attempting the dangerous ocean cross to Australia. Now, no one dies. That is surely the most important thing - the preservation of life of vulnerable people from the criminal mafia led human traffickers which take money from the vulnerable people and put their lives in danger.

There was always an attempt to highlight everything in a negative light, never to even mention any positives. And there were many positives. I mentioned many. He was anti polemic. What else do you want? He brokered somekind of uneasy peace between North Korea and South Korea. Better than have another Korean War surely. Iran knew very well to not try their luck because he kept saying, war is the last thing on his mind, however, America will act when warranted - a clear message to Iran, China and North Korea. Trump would have hit Iran by now if he was in power and that would have ended the Israeli and Palestinian conflict quick smart.

The internet isn't more free because of him. It never was free. He didn't do enough to counter the MSM and Social Media titans when he had the chance as POTUS. And he now is paying the price for that.

I don't know what you mean about butter. I take it to mean "good intentions". He always cooperated well with allies. I know Australia was well treated by Trump's America but that is always the case. We can't really complain about America here down-under. They have always been willing to help us and assist us and cooperate with us at every level. So yeh, we saw the bad side of Trump with his initial argument with our PM in 2016, but he quickly came to realize and he did readjust his stance and in the end made every effort to smooth things over. A clear admittance I suppose that he over reacted. But an over reaction we also understood because he had just won an election and didn't want to look like he broke a promise already. He had every intention to fullfil all his policies. They were not just lip service.

The job metric is everything RW. Flipping burgers is never going to be a career. It's always going to be a job for teenagers. And yeh, they don't earn much. I know that. But that's the way it is. We all remember our first job flipping burgers or stacking shelves whilst at high school. We all went through it. You would have to be mad to do it for years though. it was more a case of doing it to scrounge enough coin to buy that bike or something.

You don't need to be educated to make excellent coin. America and Australia is full of uneducated school drop outs earning more than doctors earn because they did a trade. And Trump helped people in that bracket no end by lowering the company tax bracket too.
Last edited by Paphitis on Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29628
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:47 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...their is merit in what you say, (talking about his original ambitions) Paphitis; i too was hopeful, with this possibility at the beginning. But in four short years, he has demonstrated in his mean spirit, what are his America's flaws. Indeed, there were efforts he made in foreign policy which will, i think, be recognised as turning points quite timely, like with China, and in the Middle East, even Korea; but only time will tell. Humanity's issues like the COVID, and a cleaner and safer world (pollution and climate change,e.g.) were not priorities, rather, he denied them; as such America's Leadership around the world was diminished. Hunger and disease, as well as Ignorance, were not his priorities either.

As for the "jobs" metric, it means nothing to a person flipping burgers for a living at a large multi-national demonstrating great success on the stock market; and his policy on education, what was it?

The Internet is less free because of him, i remember at least; reversing "Obama's" course, where all players are equal, it was a victory for (American) internet service providers and a blow to us the users (around the world).

...there are guns and butter, as we've said before; balance is what's needed.

Where was the butter? (that is a question which on many levels demands an answer)

And while Trump never went to war per se, no one will deny, (he doesn't in any case), that he is a big admirer of the Military and its power.

...then there is Jan 6, nothing like it but 1812: but "Republicans" are not the British (or are they)?


And what did Obama and all the Presidents before him fo for the burger flipper? Nothing at all.

Just because Trump became POTUS doesn’t mean he is somehow a magician and able to solve all the ills of this world. He can’t for instance decide to double the burger flipping wage without risking thousands of small food businesses going to the wall or shutting down shop. It just isn’t that simple I’m afraid.

Nor can he eliminate poverty. He isn’t some kind of God like Jesus Christ.

To hold him accountable for such ambition is just insane when no POTUS before him could do it.

Nevertheless there were some extraordinary achievements which the MSM brushed under the carpet. Changes in foreign policy. One that gave more “butter” if you will to other countries. He bought back thousands of soldiers back home. He honoured their service.

He lowered the corporate tax rate. American businesses were coming back hone paying their tax in America. He eliminated human trafficking. No small feat there.

He had an impact with the Koreas. Amazing accomplishment. Nobel peace prize there if we are honest with ourselves.

And he was willing to answer Chinese expansionism in South China Sea.

No one was prepared to try their luck because they just were never to sure how he would respond. He sent his message early on and the world took notice and we had 4 years of stability. Now, we don’t.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29628
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:08 am

Now, we are all back to square 1 getting conned by the elites, MSM and big tech Social Media titans, Google and their other offshoots which have more power than any POTUS because they control the flow of information and the type of information that is being fed to the unwary (most people).

And we lap it up like good little puppies on the laps of all the do golfers - which happen to be the Billionaire elites with all the power at their finger tips. People like Gates, Bezos, and Elon Musk.

Such wonderful humanitarians they are. Especially Gates. He’s going to vaccinate all of us at $100 per jab. All paid for by the tax payer. He will save us from certain death and carnage. Wonderful human being. Never mind the $100 billion he would make in the process.

I’ll take my hat of to him if he offers India and the poor African states a production ability. Which is what he should be doing as the humanitarian he likes to portray that he is. But alas it’s not about charity and humanitarianism. It’s about making money. Making billions. Then donate 1% to the poor for the publicity. And with all that money, he becomes powerful. A true empire.

Trump had his chance to mess with them but alas he didn’t do enough sadly. He could have put many people in their place but didn’t sadly.

And Biden won’t do it. He is their little lap dog.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29628
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:06 am

Paphitis wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...despite the falsehoods of any President; some, more than others. You can't paint Trump any less a liar Paphitis by comparing him to this man, at least in my opinion.

In any case the "big lie" is a lie.

If not, we the rest of us on this planet, were promised proof; what trial are "they" waiting for, if not the (last) impeachment? And now where "they" have taken weeks to "count" the ballots in AZ, (still looking for "proof")?

...i ask, is that all there is; "America": Trump's? Should we be expecting nothing to ever be changing again in America; all that's left is him: that some may believe him perfect, or that he will live forever?


I don’t know if Trump is a liar. Every businessman or politician is a liar. That’s the way it is.


First of all, your above statement is very contradictory to say the least about Trump. :D

Paphitis, you have very conveniently ignored RW’s points on Trumps failure on Climate Change, Global Warming, Environmental Protection, Covid-19, The 2020 Elections and the BIG lie, January 6th attack on the Capitol and then let me add one more, that Trump and the Banana Republican Party are against the Constitution and Democracy, especially when they lose an elections. Those who do not respect our US Constitution and the Democratic system, I do not consider them to be Americans at all no matter how much they rap themselves with the American flag. They are nothing but traitors to America and what America stands for. Another 4 years of Trump in the White House and it would have been very difficult to distinguish America to Russia, China, North Korea or Turkey, where the end would justify the means. :roll:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16670
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Lordo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 pm

How can anyasshole say they don't know if Trump is a liar. Fuckin hell he must have lived in a cave for the last 30 years.

The most telling lie: It didn't rain on his inauguration
The most dangerous lie: The coronavirus was under control
The most alarming lie saga: Sharpiegate
The most ridiculous subject of a lie: The Boy Scouts
The ugliest smear lie: Rep. Ilhan Omar supports al Qaeda
The most boring serial lie: The trade deficit with China used to be $500 billion
The most entertaining lie shtick: The burly crying men who had never cried before
The most traditional big lie: Trump didn't know about the payment to Stormy Daniels
The biggest lie by omission: Trump ended family separation
The most shameless campaign lie: Biden will destroy protections for pre-existing conditions
The lie he fled: He got Veterans Choice
The Crazy Uncle lie award: Windmill noise causes cancer
The most hucksterish lie: That plan was coming in two weeks
My personal favorite lie: Trump was once named Michigan's Man of the Year
The most depressing lie: Trump won the election

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics/fact-check-dale-top-15-donald-trump-lies/index.html
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15510
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...despite the falsehoods of any President; some, more than others. You can't paint Trump any less a liar Paphitis by comparing him to this man, at least in my opinion.

In any case the "big lie" is a lie.

If not, we the rest of us on this planet, were promised proof; what trial are "they" waiting for, if not the (last) impeachment? And now where "they" have taken weeks to "count" the ballots in AZ, (still looking for "proof")?

...i ask, is that all there is; "America": Trump's? Should we be expecting nothing to ever be changing again in America; all that's left is him: that some may believe him perfect, or that he will live forever?


I don’t know if Trump is a liar. Every businessman or politician is a liar. That’s the way it is.


First of all, your above statement is very contradictory to say the least about Trump. :D

Paphitis, you have very conveniently ignored RW’s points on Trumps failure on Climate Change, Global Warming, Environmental Protection, Covid-19, The 2020 Elections and the BIG lie, January 6th attack on the Capitol and then let me add one more, that Trump and the Banana Republican Party are against the Constitution and Democracy, especially when they lose an elections. Those who do not respect our US Constitution and the Democratic system, I do not consider them to be Americans at all no matter how much they rap themselves with the American flag. They are nothing but traitors to America and what America stands for. Another 4 years of Trump in the White House and it would have been very difficult to distinguish America to Russia, China, North Korea or Turkey, where the end would justify the means. :roll:


What do you want him to do about climate change? What can he do that isn’t already been done?

Why does it rest on him?

Oh I get it now! You wanted him to attend Paris. America was one of the countries that did not attend. Rightfully so as well.

AND, it wasn’t the only country to snub Paris.

Australia, Japan and Saudi Arabia did as well. Why?

Looking after their interests.

America and Australia would have been punished with draconian Bilbao emission targets almost destroying our economy. Yet China can pollute all it wants and pollutes a lot more than all of us put together.

No Kikapu. We don’t want to attend Paris. And that doesn’t mean we do nothing for the environment because we actually invest billions every year in renewables.

Abs now Biden said he will go. No worries Biden. Be that lap dog.

Australia, Japan and Saudi Arabia still not going.

But I see how you make the simplistic correlation - that if you don’t attend Paris, you don’t care or wish to do anything about Climate Change. Even though America has been addressing climate change for years now and is one of the cleanest countries in the world and one of the fastest renewable energy investing countries in the world. All that into insignificance just because a few countries like America stood up for themselves.

My my. The bullshit is getting too much now. :roll:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29628
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests