The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:35 pm

And talking about smart politicians.

Is there currently a PM that is more witty and charismatic as Boris? not likely. Boris is literally a cracker! :lol:

Imagine comming out and saying after the AUS/UK FTD, that he looks foreward for it to be easier for Australian Campaign managers coming to the UK. :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Londonrake » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:40 pm

921E4D37-897B-4423-94C4-2D29C764A3C9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby miltiades » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Paphitis wrote:And talking about smart politicians.

Is there currently a PM that is more witty and charismatic as Boris? not likely. Boris is literally a cracker! :lol:

Imagine comming out and saying after the AUS/UK FTD, that he looks foreward for it to be easier for Australian Campaign managers coming to the UK. :lol:

No there isn't another ....Clown :lol:
I read somewhere that he has ....16 children !!! What a ....fucker :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18469
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:36 pm

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:And talking about smart politicians.

Is there currently a PM that is more witty and charismatic as Boris? not likely. Boris is literally a cracker! :lol:

Imagine comming out and saying after the AUS/UK FTD, that he looks foreward for it to be easier for Australian Campaign managers coming to the UK. :lol:

No there isn't another ....Clown :lol:
I read somewhere that he has ....16 children !!! What a ....fucker :lol:


And who would you rather have a beer with at the pub?

BORIS or Corbynista?

I bet 99% of people pick BOPRIS....because BORIS, is their mate! :lol:

One clear;y passes the pub test, whilst the other miserably fails.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:48 pm

Now back to climate change and the stance by Trump and others.

calling climate change a hoax isn't really calling climate change itself a hoax. The FACT is, no one really knows what impact we have.

Now, you have all the greenies talking about the science. They say climate change is occuring and the world is warming. Well, the fact is we don't know for sure. They don't have the evidence that this is in fact true. But it may be true.

Man hasn't been recording temporatures long enough to know. But they will point to the ice caps. Yes but the fact is, ice caps have been forming and melting for milenia as earth goes through its warming and cooling cycles.

Now, politicians like Trump and Morrisson know this. They don't actually call climate change a hoax, but the hysteria instead. Pointing to the fact that the science isn't rock solid. And it isn't.

The most destructive thing man is doing is cutting old groiwth forests and rainforests. That does have an impact somewhere along the line to the detriment of planet. Plus all our rubbish and waste.

But Carbon Emmissions. Well Carbon levels still remain constant. The science is too airy fairy.

But, haveing said all of the above, it's best to presume that our carbon emmissions do in actual fact have a dire impact and do warm the planet. That's where I stand on the issue.

Because only good can come out of going full on green and build up renewable energy sources. In that regard, the EU, US and Australia are among global leaders. We are all investing in renewable energy in huge ammounts.

I think you will all find, that Trump was playing politics in order to back out of the Paris Summits. Nothing wrong with that and he wasn't the only one gunning for Paris either. Australia is even worse in terms for wanting to gun down the Paris Summit. The reason for this is that in Australia there is a sentiment that it's all bogus and strives to hit us and our country. That's why we don't want to be a part of it.

It doesn't mean our government is anti climate change. 30% of our total energy is renewable. I believe it's among the highest in the world. Clearly, we don't need paris to recognoze that we need to do the right thing.

Now, what we do know is global weather patterns are governed by ocean currents and 2 phenomena known as La Nina, and El Ninio. When we have El Ninio, we have droughts and hot summers. With La Nina, we have floods and cold. This has been occuring for thousands of years.

When Trump or Morrison are calling out the scientists, and in Trump's case saying its a hoax even, it's because they are playing politics against the Paris Summit because as primary energy producers they simply don't want to go. they are looking after there specific national interests.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:14 pm

You see, some countries like Australia for instance is going to have a big issue with Paris.

We export huge ammounts of energy for a start, with a massive resources sector employing a few hundreds of thousands of people. That's poimnt number 1.

Also, we are among the biggest polluters and emmitors of carbon, along with other highly developed economies like the US of course and the EU etc and etc.

So when we go there, fingers and wild accusations get flung in our direction. We are fingered as being a bad boy. And we are lambasted and told we should do more. We naturally, don't like that.

This despite our cities being the cleanest in the world. Our strong policies on conservation, and managing our forests and national parks. A big chunk of Australia is national park now. No development allowed in these areas.

So we do a lot. You can breathe in our cities which are extremely pleasant to live in. This in contrast to cities in China and India and many other places like Indonesia, where you are breathing in a lethal cocktail of poison.

So as we get fingered, we also point fingers to the protected species.

So as you can see, there are valid reasons why we don't want to even achnowledge Paris.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm

So, these hypocritical naysayers who do not believe the science on climate change and global warming are the first to believe in the existence of God and the bible being gospel. :lol:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16658
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Kikapu wrote:So, these hypocritical naysayers who do not believe the science on climate change and global warming are the first to believe in the existence of God and the bible being gospel. :lol:


What's this got to do with God and religion.

It has as much to do with religion as it has with science. The science you call science doesn't stack up because you simply don't have the datra.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:32 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:So, these hypocritical naysayers who do not believe the science on climate change and global warming are the first to believe in the existence of God and the bible being gospel. :lol:


What's this got to do with God and religion.

It has as much to do with religion as it has with science. The science you call science doesn't stack up because you simply don't have the datra.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, there’s more scientific data on climate change and global warming than there is on God and what is written in the Bible, no? :lol:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16658
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:So, these hypocritical naysayers who do not believe the science on climate change and global warming are the first to believe in the existence of God and the bible being gospel. :lol:


What's this got to do with God and religion.

It has as much to do with religion as it has with science. The science you call science doesn't stack up because you simply don't have the datra.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, there’s more scientific data on climate change and global warming than there is on God and what is written in the Bible, no? :lol:


No there is no data. All we have is some data over the last 100 to 200 years since we began keeping temperature records. So all we have is a very minuscule dataset.

The planet has been warming since the ice age.

I still have no idea why you bring religion into it. Religious people have traditionally supported conservative parties because of their social conservatism. As a result, Trump has to pander to his base.

It doesn’t mean Trump is religious.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29600
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest