The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Paphitis, will have to choose wisely which US state he moves to when the time comes... :?

http://www.bazelon.org/wp-content/uploa ... of-PWD.pdf


He will end up in a “Blue State“, California, Illinois or New York. :D


What about Florida and Texas? I'll fit in there as well.

But Denver is also looking good for quality of life. And nearly half the people voted for Trump there. It's got a strong red tinge to it.


Colorado is a Blue State.

Texas is a Red state and huge, and flat as a pancake. Very boring place to drive.

Florida is Red/Blue state and also flat as pancake, but very pleasant in the winter and very humid in the summer, but it is green all over. If you don’t mind getting hit by hurricanes once in a while and all the “snowbirds” filling the roads every winter from northern colder states. :D


I have had 2 experiences with Hurricanes in my life. We call them Cyclones in the Southern Hemisphere.

One time when I was in Darwin and a Cyclone passed about 80 kms north of Darwin. Spent the night playing cards. It was category 3 at that time and I think the winds in Darwin reached about 150 km/hr at its peak. It wasn't too bad but the palm trees were flexing 60 degrees.

Rainfall like I have never seen before. Would have been about 20 inches overnight.

That is really the only time I experienced one really.

The other time I was in Learmonth, Western Australia just south of Exmouth. Cyclone Vance was headed our way, A category 5 monster. Woke up and the air was so still. Not even the slightest wind. The calm before the storm. We flew out that morning for the safety of Perth. Didn't see it.

But it was category 5 with 300 km/hr winds and it destroyed Exmouth. Leveled the town and it was underwater as well.

One thing I will never forget was the calmness as we departed. When we landed at Pearce, we were told the township and Learmonth are getting smashed with 300 km/hr winds.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28386
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:43 am

:lol: :D :lol:

National Review
Rush Limbaugh: Trump’s Legal Team ‘Promised Blockbuster Stuff and Then Nothing Happened’
Brittany Bernstein
Mon, November 23, 2020, 9:51 PM

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Monday criticized President Trump’s legal team over their chaotic press conference last week that failed to provide any evidence to back up their claims that the 2020 election was rigged.

“You call a gigantic press conference like that — one that lasts an hour — and you announce massive bombshells, then you better have some bombshells,” Limbaugh said during his show on Monday. “There better be something at that press conference other than what we got…I talked to so many people who were blown away by it, by the very nature of the press conference. They promised blockbuster stuff and then nothing happened, and that’s just, it’s not good.”

He added, “If you’re gonna do a press conference like that with the promise of blockbusters, then there has to be something more than what that press conference delivered.”

He also questioned the role of lawyer Sidney Powell, who was present at the press conference but has since cut ties with Trump’s legal team.

Though Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said Powell is “not a member of the Trump legal team” or a personal lawyer to the president, Limbaugh argued it’s a “tough thing to deny she was ever part of it because they introduced her as part of it.”

“She was at that press conference last week,” he said.

During the press conference on Thursday, Giuliani claimed to have evidence of a “national conspiracy” to steal the election for President-elect Joe Biden, though he said he could not yet release any evidence as the judges presiding over the campaign’s lawsuit might object and because his witnesses might face retribution if their names became public. He said he had “at least ten” witnesses ready to describe instances of voter fraud, he couldn’t reveal them publicly because “they don’t want to be harassed.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limbaug ... 47776.html
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Kikapu wrote::lol: :D :lol:

National Review
Rush Limbaugh: Trump’s Legal Team ‘Promised Blockbuster Stuff and Then Nothing Happened’
Brittany Bernstein
Mon, November 23, 2020, 9:51 PM

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Monday criticized President Trump’s legal team over their chaotic press conference last week that failed to provide any evidence to back up their claims that the 2020 election was rigged.

“You call a gigantic press conference like that — one that lasts an hour — and you announce massive bombshells, then you better have some bombshells,” Limbaugh said during his show on Monday. “There better be something at that press conference other than what we got…I talked to so many people who were blown away by it, by the very nature of the press conference. They promised blockbuster stuff and then nothing happened, and that’s just, it’s not good.”

He added, “If you’re gonna do a press conference like that with the promise of blockbusters, then there has to be something more than what that press conference delivered.”

He also questioned the role of lawyer Sidney Powell, who was present at the press conference but has since cut ties with Trump’s legal team.

Though Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said Powell is “not a member of the Trump legal team” or a personal lawyer to the president, Limbaugh argued it’s a “tough thing to deny she was ever part of it because they introduced her as part of it.”

“She was at that press conference last week,” he said.

During the press conference on Thursday, Giuliani claimed to have evidence of a “national conspiracy” to steal the election for President-elect Joe Biden, though he said he could not yet release any evidence as the judges presiding over the campaign’s lawsuit might object and because his witnesses might face retribution if their names became public. He said he had “at least ten” witnesses ready to describe instances of voter fraud, he couldn’t reveal them publicly because “they don’t want to be harassed.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limbaug ... 47776.html


Are you harvesting the news et again.

Of course they better back up their statements and deliver something.

However, they will do that when they are read. They do not need to appease you, me, the media but are answerable to the legal system and when the time comes they have to deliver or else they will lose and may even suffer other consequences.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28386
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Get Real! » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:39 pm

lawyer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43135
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Get Real! wrote:
lawyer.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:54 pm

This show was aired months before the election when we knew what Trump’s game plan was going to be if he were to lose. :wink:

User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote::lol: :D :lol:

National Review
Rush Limbaugh: Trump’s Legal Team ‘Promised Blockbuster Stuff and Then Nothing Happened’
Brittany Bernstein
Mon, November 23, 2020, 9:51 PM

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Monday criticized President Trump’s legal team over their chaotic press conference last week that failed to provide any evidence to back up their claims that the 2020 election was rigged.

“You call a gigantic press conference like that — one that lasts an hour — and you announce massive bombshells, then you better have some bombshells,” Limbaugh said during his show on Monday. “There better be something at that press conference other than what we got…I talked to so many people who were blown away by it, by the very nature of the press conference. They promised blockbuster stuff and then nothing happened, and that’s just, it’s not good.”

He added, “If you’re gonna do a press conference like that with the promise of blockbusters, then there has to be something more than what that press conference delivered.”

He also questioned the role of lawyer Sidney Powell, who was present at the press conference but has since cut ties with Trump’s legal team.

Though Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said Powell is “not a member of the Trump legal team” or a personal lawyer to the president, Limbaugh argued it’s a “tough thing to deny she was ever part of it because they introduced her as part of it.”

“She was at that press conference last week,” he said.

During the press conference on Thursday, Giuliani claimed to have evidence of a “national conspiracy” to steal the election for President-elect Joe Biden, though he said he could not yet release any evidence as the judges presiding over the campaign’s lawsuit might object and because his witnesses might face retribution if their names became public. He said he had “at least ten” witnesses ready to describe instances of voter fraud, he couldn’t reveal them publicly because “they don’t want to be harassed.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limbaug ... 47776.html


Are you harvesting the news et again.

Of course they better back up their statements and deliver something.

However, they will do that when they are read. They do not need to appease you, me, the media but are answerable to the legal system and when the time comes they have to deliver or else they will lose and may even suffer other consequences.


Well, it is not harvesting the news again because this time it is not the MSM saying that the Trump’s legal team has no evidence to their claim but someone no other than Rush Limbaugh, the biggest supporter of Trump and the ultra/neo conservatives. Trump awarded Limbaugh with the “Medal of Freedom” recently, not sure for what purpose since Limbaugh only has a talk show on the radio. If Limbaugh is questioning all the claimed evidence Giuliani and Powell had, perhaps the rest of Trump’s supporters does likewise also as there’s nothing there there in the form of evidence of massive election fraud. :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby DT. » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Trump authorised the GSA to begin the transition with Biden....to put it simply we're at the part where the lights get turned on and the rats all scurry away now.
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12515
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:09 pm

DT. wrote:Trump authorised the GSA to begin the transition with Biden....to put it simply we're at the part where the lights get turned on and the rats all scurry away now.


I think the last straw for Trump to finally give in was the ineptness of his legal team was when Giuliani’s hair dye run down the side of his face scaring the shit out of people as if his brain was having a period coming out of his ears and Powell having hallucinations of Hugo Chavez switching Trump votes to Biden from his grave. :lol:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Get Real! wrote:
lawyer.jpg


You need to be educated because there is zero chance of Trump ending up in Prison.

Biden refuses to do such a thing because he fears major rebellion.

User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28386
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests