The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Is there god

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Is there god

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Lordo wrote:Off he goes on the attack at the turks and me.

You were the one ho attacked the Greeks and me. Remember?

All I have asked for is one simple evidence that your god exists. You asked me to help you with the question.

Eat your banana and everything will be fine. Don't push your little brain too hard.

Here is 6 bits of help any one will do. just answer one but with somthing that can be considered to be evidence.

What and Why and When and How and Where and Who

Enjoy.

I KEEP six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west;
But after they have worked for me,
I give them all a rest.

I let them rest from nine till five,
For I am busy then,
As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,
For they are hungry men.
But different folk have different views;
I know a person small—
She keeps ten million serving-men,
Who get no rest at all!

She sends'em abroad on her own affairs,
From the second she opens her eyes—
One million Hows, two million Wheres,
And seven million Whys!


Why oh why oh why?
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10672
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Maximus » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 pm

Lordo wrote:
Maximus wrote:and this is why you are not bringing much brain to the discussion re bordokefalo,

Actually, you are contradicting your own argument.

You are asking for proof that god exists,

Yet, you accept that no proof is needed to prove the existence of dark matter,

Something we can not see, smell, taste or touch,

You also try to argue that scientist can tell if a star has a planet revolving around it without seeing the planet.

No visual proof is needed for you, for an object the size of a planet!

But now, you want proof that god exists, something that you can not see, smell, taste or touch.

This is an idiotic debating style to adopt isnt it.

Now go and find some clips on youtube of comedians to back up your argument.


Lamne bodji reh ksimarizmeno na vgali i manasou di nappossou dje vromises gavole.
Leave this subject to pibol who have growed up.


And this is where you lose the argument bordokefalo.

Apart from resorting to calling people names,

You think you have presented yourself as the grown up. :lol:

considering science doesn't require sight, smell, taste or touch to prove the existence that something exists,

Belivers in god don't have to either,

God is there if you want to see or feel gods presence.

Enough said,

come back with a stronger argument or link to some comedian on YouTube.

Or prove god doesn't exist
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6325
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:05 am

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Maximus wrote:and this is why you are not bringing much brain to the discussion re bordokefalo,

Actually, you are contradicting your own argument.

You are asking for proof that god exists,

Yet, you accept that no proof is needed to prove the existence of dark matter,

Something we can not see, smell, taste or touch,

You also try to argue that scientist can tell if a star has a planet revolving around it without seeing the planet.

No visual proof is needed for you, for an object the size of a planet!

But now, you want proof that god exists, something that you can not see, smell, taste or touch.

This is an idiotic debating style to adopt isnt it.

Now go and find some clips on youtube of comedians to back up your argument.


Lamne bodji reh ksimarizmeno na vgali i manasou di nappossou dje vromises gavole.
Leave this subject to pibol who have growed up.


And this is where you lose the argument bordokefalo.

Apart from resorting to calling people names,

You think you have presented yourself as the grown up. :lol:

considering science doesn't require sight, smell, taste or touch to prove the existence that something exists,

Belivers in god don't have to either,

God is there if you want to see or feel gods presence.

Enough said,

come back with a stronger argument or link to some comedian on YouTube.

Or prove god doesn't exist

If you are comfortable believing in something that you cannot prove exist I am very happy for you. So long as you are happy.

What was it Kenin said - Religion is the opium of the people. I can add to that my own words. Addiction is is a sign of weakness in a person's character.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15599
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:11 am

Perhaps dark matter is like quick sand and god's car is stuck in it and needs help to get out.

Could there be an AA facilty for god. More importantly has god got a god? Now thats interesting. If god made us, who made god thern? It could only be another god right? So here is another question, who made that god.

Perhaps if we can find the mathematical formula for existance of god we can than differentiate it or perhaps integrate it to find out its god. Which ever one works.
Now thats a thought.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15599
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:11 am

Can God be characterised as a thing, a living being, something as simple as that?

...i don't think so; as i recall that not too long ago the world was flat (and the very center of the Universe).
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10871
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:Can God be characterised as a thing, a living being, something as simple as that?

...i don't think so; as i recall that not too long ago the world was flat (and the very center of the Universe).

Indeed and that came from god's son right?

He also said the earth was only 6000 years old too. and a load more other bull that has been disproved now.

In reality there is no actual need to find god because the answer is very clear. We now know how galaxies are made and hence we know how our galaxy was made and the rest will unravel leaf by leaf as to how life begun just as soon as we create it ourselves. And it may happen deliberately or it may happen accidently but sure as hell it will happen sooner or later. Human beings are good at using naturally occuring things to invent new things we take for granted these days.

Humans can grow an ear at the back of a rat and can change goat's milk to include silk and of course they also cloned sheep. We really are not that far away now.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15599
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby MR-from-NG » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Look guys. A while back I posted that I was hospitalised for 4 months and 8 days after contracting Covid-19. That was a life changing experience for me and am still on a long road to recovery. 3 weeks ago I was hospitalised again this time with pneumonia. I spent a week in ICU and a father 3 days in a normal ward. I have had a horrible year and must have begged God a thousand times for me to survive the whole time I was in ICU. I begged God to keep me alive for the benefit of my family. I begged God for pain relief. I did all this even though I don't don't believe in God.

My conclusion on the subject is this. If there is a God, he is a fucking no good for nothing, useless cunt :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
MR-from-NG
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3363
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Kikapu » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Aside from the ultra radical religious people and most Trump’s nutcase supporters whose lives revolve around god, I don’t think the rest of us spend too much time trying to analyze what god is or isn’t really because it doesn’t matter. When things goes well some may thank god for their good fortunes and if ones life is in the toilet, then god gets some of the blame too. :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16693
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:29 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:Look guys. A while back I posted that I was hospitalised for 4 months and 8 days after contracting Covid-19. That was a life changing experience for me and am still on a long road to recovery. 3 weeks ago I was hospitalised again this time with pneumonia. I spent a week in ICU and a father 3 days in a normal ward. I have had a horrible year and must have begged God a thousand times for me to survive the whole time I was in ICU. I begged God to keep me alive for the benefit of my family. I begged God for pain relief. I did all this even though I don't don't believe in God.

My conclusion on the subject is this. If there is a God, he is a fucking no good for nothing, useless cunt :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:


I think we are all the same inthat respect because we are conditioned from early age. It's only when you start looking for the swine when it bcomes very ellusive.

So far everything people said about god has been proven wrong. There are two thing left. How did life begin on earth and where does the big bang come from.

We shall even find out about that in my lifetime I believe.

Big bang, black holes and other universes must be connected in some way for quilibrium to exist.

Any way it certainly makes life more interesting thinking about it.

But people like max education certificate must say "must try harder". He does not understand how we can tell there is a planet around a distant star even though we are not able to detect it in any shape or form except that we can detect it's existance through something else, what LR called abberation.. That he has to find out by himself. Self learning is the best form of education.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15599
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby Pyrpolizer » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:03 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:Look guys. A while back I posted that I was hospitalised for 4 months and 8 days after contracting Covid-19. That was a life changing experience for me and am still on a long road to recovery. 3 weeks ago I was hospitalised again this time with pneumonia. I spent a week in ICU and a father 3 days in a normal ward. I have had a horrible year and must have begged God a thousand times for me to survive the whole time I was in ICU. I begged God to keep me alive for the benefit of my family. I begged God for pain relief. I did all this even though I don't don't believe in God.

My conclusion on the subject is this. If there is a God, he is a fucking no good for nothing, useless cunt :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:


Very sorry to hear that MR. Are you at least OK today regarding your health? Hope so...

You shouldn't have done that my friend. You 've just fallen in the trap of inventing a "God" from mere fear of death. Death, danger, risk, fear etc, are things implanted to all living beings (by the ultimate cause of everything which I call God) not for crying and begging him for help, but to self sustain ourselves.
While I do beleive God exists, i would never fall in this trap, which is actually the foundation of all religions. We simply don't know the properties of God, and it's at least stupid to beleive what the various religions say.
We (my self included) will one day die. I just hope I will not panic when the time comes and start begging to God like everyone else. I know my coming to this world was actually asked by me before I was born. Well, I came to this world, seen it, experienced it, I refuse to come to such a world ever again.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10672
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests