The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Ukrainian Issue

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Get Real! » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:44 pm

Lordo wrote:In other words big fish eat little fish.

Pretty much unless...

The best solution for Cyprus was to become a British protectorate but the Cypriot citizens and politicians of the time were just too uneducated to make a wise and informed decision.

If there are three countries laying claim to Cyprus then a wise citizen should support and follow the one that is the wealthiest, more modernized, and more powerful… and Britain was by far head and shoulders above the other two paupers!

But like I said many times… the average Cypriot had an IQ of like 50, so the result was catastrophe.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Pyrpolizer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Lots of postmortem sophistries here. May I remind you that the Greek Cypriots were under foreign rule for millennia. The natural desire was to get liberated, and we wouldn't get liberated from the British by organizing KEO beer parties with them.

Ideally the struggle for liberation should be done together with the Turkish Cypriots, and shouldn't be a struggle for liberation + Enosis but for liberation only. That proved impossible firstly because the TCs were used by the British in a divide and rule fashion, secondly because of our Enosis dream. Regardless we ended up to the 1960 agreements. That was the point we should be wiser by embracing the TCs and trying to build a common future. It would still be difficult considering the constitutional problems but we would be there within 10-15 years.

Historically there is not even one liberated nation that did not go through mayhem for the next 50 years. Besides, we in Cyprus, were always full of "geniuses".
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12431
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Get Real! » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:14 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:Lots of postmortem sophistries here. May I remind you that the Greek Cypriots were under foreign rule for millennia. The natural desire was to get liberated, and we wouldn't get liberated from the British by organizing KEO beer parties with them.

Ideally the struggle for liberation should be done together with the Turkish Cypriots, and shouldn't be a struggle for liberation + Enosis but for liberation only. That proved impossible firstly because the TCs were used by the British in a divide and rule fashion, secondly because of our Enosis dream. Regardless we ended up to the 1960 agreements. That was the point we should be wiser by embracing the TCs and trying to build a common future. It would still be difficult considering the constitutional problems but we would be there within 10-15 years.

Historically there is not even one liberated nation that did not go through mayhem for the next 50 years. Besides, we in Cyprus, were always full of "geniuses".

There was no need for a liberation struggle for the 1960 independence of all colonies worldwide was fast approaching, as voted by the UN.

EOKA, was utterly pointless, stupid and the beginning of our end.

Time and time again… when you rely on the “wisdom” of Greece you end up with a huge cucumber up the arse!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Get Real! » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:46 pm

Here it is in black & white…

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalIn ... dence.aspx

In Africa no less than 17 countries attained independence overnight!

Not a single one of these countries needed to shed any blood over this… it became their right to be independent…

https://www.africanexponent.com/post/84 ... dependence

Yet Cypriots to this day, talk about “winning” their independence through struggle!

What a load of fucking bullshit! :?

Cyprus already had their independence lined up in accordance with international law yet that 5ft little stump of a man with the IQ of challenged baboon (Grivas) came to Cyprus illegally on some shitty little boat to commence the “struggle”!

They should’ve beaten the living daylights out of that little peasant-shit the moment he landed on the Paphian shore.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Maximus » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Lots of postmortem sophistries here. May I remind you that the Greek Cypriots were under foreign rule for millennia. The natural desire was to get liberated, and we wouldn't get liberated from the British by organizing KEO beer parties with them.

Ideally the struggle for liberation should be done together with the Turkish Cypriots, and shouldn't be a struggle for liberation + Enosis but for liberation only. That proved impossible firstly because the TCs were used by the British in a divide and rule fashion, secondly because of our Enosis dream. Regardless we ended up to the 1960 agreements. That was the point we should be wiser by embracing the TCs and trying to build a common future. It would still be difficult considering the constitutional problems but we would be there within 10-15 years.

Historically there is not even one liberated nation that did not go through mayhem for the next 50 years. Besides, we in Cyprus, were always full of "geniuses".

There was no need for a liberation struggle for the 1960 independence of all colonies worldwide was fast approaching, as voted by the UN.

EOKA, was utterly pointless, stupid and the beginning of our end.

Time and time again… when you rely on the “wisdom” of Greece you end up with a huge cucumber up the arse!


The GC's at the time didnt want independence though, when was Cyprus ever an independent state? They rather saw themselves as part of the Hellenic world.

The TC's didnt want independence either, they wanted Taksim. Since when were they ever a nation? They saw themselves as Turkish.

GC and TC is an identity constructed by colonialists, by the way.....
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Lordo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:06 pm

So if there is no GCs bugger off to Greece idiot.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18694
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Maximus » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:32 pm

Lordo wrote:So if there is no GCs bugger off to Greece idiot.


Would you say that to an Irishman if he told you that?

Why does a GC have to bugger off to Greece while the TC's move the Turks in to Cyprus?

You facist...
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Pyrpolizer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Lots of postmortem sophistries here. May I remind you that the Greek Cypriots were under foreign rule for millennia. The natural desire was to get liberated, and we wouldn't get liberated from the British by organizing KEO beer parties with them.

Ideally the struggle for liberation should be done together with the Turkish Cypriots, and shouldn't be a struggle for liberation + Enosis but for liberation only. That proved impossible firstly because the TCs were used by the British in a divide and rule fashion, secondly because of our Enosis dream. Regardless we ended up to the 1960 agreements. That was the point we should be wiser by embracing the TCs and trying to build a common future. It would still be difficult considering the constitutional problems but we would be there within 10-15 years.

Historically there is not even one liberated nation that did not go through mayhem for the next 50 years. Besides, we in Cyprus, were always full of "geniuses".

There was no need for a liberation struggle for the 1960 independence of all colonies worldwide was fast approaching, as voted by the UN.

EOKA, was utterly pointless, stupid and the beginning of our end.

Time and time again… when you rely on the “wisdom” of Greece you end up with a huge cucumber up the arse!


So in your opinion by 1955 we should transform to fortune tellers predicting that in December 1960 the UN would vote for abolishing colonial rule. Especially after the British broke all their promises after thousands of Cypriots lost their lives fighting by their side at Suez. Do you remember Harding's "NEVER" reply?
In any case we got our independence in August 1960, 4 months before the UN resolution. Notice that the British did not really abandon their colonies at once. They still kept some upto 20 years later!
It's certain that without Eoka we would be a colony for a long long time after 1960.

But let's suppose there was no armed struggle, no resistance and no pressure whatsoever, and the British would one day decide to give us our independence. What makes you think they would not impose on us the Macmillan plan as their only "sensible" plan for their departure? That's what they insisted of doing in 1958 as you may or may not know. In case you didn't know, the Macmillan plan was all about partitioning the island. The fact that Makarios had the power to reject it, on exchange of independence in which there would be neither partition nor Enosis, was precisely because of Eoka and nothing else.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12431
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Lordo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:36 pm

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:So if there is no GCs bugger off to Greece idiot.


Would you say that to an Irishman if he told you that?

Why does a GC have to bugger off to Greece while the TC's move the Turks in to Cyprus?

You facist...

Because you see yourself as Greek you stupid cunt. TCs are not moving Turks into Cyprus, Erdogan is and you are fuckin helping him.

Now bugger off to where you belong.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18694
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Pyrpolizer » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:44 pm

Maximus wrote:GC and TC is an identity constructed by colonialists, by the way.....


That's not correct. The British should be credited for the fact that they considered all of us as Cypriots. Until the day they were obliged to introduce "divide and rule" policies. But they were still calling us Greek speaking and Turkish speaking Cypriots.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12431
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest