The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The impending war against Iran thread

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Londonrake » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Image
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Paphitis wrote:TLDR

No podium from me!


What a pompous plonker you are!!!! :lol: :lol:

No podium required :D ...... by continually refusing to explain your views, you confirm you don't actually have ANYTHING to support your opinions regarding the subject of WTC1, it is nothing more than your pompous self belief and something you read somewhere.

Ignorance is bliss .... eh? :lol: :lol:



Whereas your opinion is nothing more than your pompous self belief and something you read somewhere.... :lol: :lol: :lol:


You have the Golden opportunity to effectively put your money where your mouth is! :roll:

Give some proof that what I posted as the events surrounding the collapse of WTC1 is in any way inaccurate! Please provide some proof that this information was just pompous self belief, rather than fact and irrefutable evidence! Please provide some indication that I got this from a book rather than having worked it out for myself!

There you are ....... the Podium is all yours! Odds on you cannot or will not respond to the challenge. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Londonrake wrote:Image


Paine was a revolutionary! He was referring to people like you who renounce the power to reason and thus the ability to draw their own conclusions but are content to let others do their thinking for them! :roll:

Ooooop's ..... shot yourself in the foot there! :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Londonrake wrote:Image


Never a truer word.

Honestly, do you really want to enter a debate with a flat earther or their like? it would be futile and beyond any logic or common sense to do so.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25699
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Londonrake » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Robin Hood wrote:Paine was a revolutionary! He was referring to people like you who renounce the power to reason and thus the ability to draw their own conclusions but are content to let others do their thinking for them! :roll:

Ooooop's ..... shot yourself in the foot there! :lol: :lol:


Do you mean like when you accept absolutely everything, unquestioningly that comes out of Moscow, Tehran, Damascus, Beijing, Pyongyang for 10 years? That kind of “......content to let others do their thinking for them” stuff?

As ever, a man totally blind to his own rank hypocrisy. :roll: Not to mention stupid. :wink:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby cyprusgrump » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Image


Never a truer word.

Honestly, do you really want to enter a debate with a flat earther or their like? it would be futile and beyond any logic or common sense to do so.



I know... :roll:

He thinks we're conspiring against him now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and LR having secret meetings in 'Stralia with me joining in by Skype... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7745
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:06 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Image


Never a truer word.

Honestly, do you really want to enter a debate with a flat earther or their like? it would be futile and beyond any logic or common sense to do so.



I know... :roll:

He thinks we're conspiring against him now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and LR having secret meetings in 'Stralia with me joining in by Skype... :wink:


Of course. we are members of the illuminati so he better be careful!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25699
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:25 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:Paine was a revolutionary! He was referring to people like you who renounce the power to reason and thus the ability to draw their own conclusions but are content to let others do their thinking for them! :roll:

Ooooop's ..... shot yourself in the foot there! :lol: :lol:


Do you mean like when you accept absolutely everything, unquestioningly that comes out of Moscow, Tehran, Damascus, Beijing, Pyongyang for 10 years? That kind of “......content to let others do their thinking for them” stuff?

As ever, a man totally blind to his own rank hypocrisy. :roll: Not to mention stupid. :wink:


You are very 'broad brush' aren't you? You never address specifics. Like Cyprusgrump has the opportunity to prove his point you have the same opportunity. Although I expect the same response ..... zilch!

From my post on the collapse of WTC! ......... please advise exactly what I am supposed to apologise for! :?:

As for ...... "Do you mean like when you accept absolutely everything, unquestioningly that comes out of Moscow, Tehran, Damascus, Beijing, Pyongyang for 10 years?" Your concept is that if I see little to criticise Russia for, I must be wrong because you regard Russia as an enemy...... I don't ......that is no reason for me to apologise to you. For instance:

I have gone to great lengths to explain Ukraine/Crimea to you factually, to no avail as all you say is that I parrot 'everything that comes out of the Kremlin'. And yet, the whole saga when ALL the pieces are put together, just like WTC1, presents a picture that is not consistent with your opinion. You have a tendency to embellish your side of events but completely downplay or ignore completely anything that conflicts with your view. That is not disproving what I say any more than it supports what you say or the necessity for me to apologise.

I really can't be bothered to go through all this again ...... it is the same old story from you of constant accusations without actually being specific ..... over and over. I refuse to continually defend myself against your ranting's, I really don't see what you get out of it, except a 'following' of like idiots, which is so important to you.

You have previously been caught out lying ...... but your response as always was to blame me. The subject came up yesterday lunchtime with a mutual friend when I explained why you had decided to no longer join the group for our monthly lunch. You lied to him and then blamed me, although it was you embellishing a story (lying) to begin with, that was the problem, and he has a completely different recollection of events from the one you propagate. May be you should ask him all about it and get your story straight.

You lie when you say you never threatened me? You omit the info about all the PM's you were getting from people who hated me and wanted you to join them to do me harm! Remember the ' .... they know where you live' threat? You also leave out the TIC-TOC-TIC-TOC countdown at the end of every one of your posts! Then like the true 'hero' think you are, when I said I could use connections to get you sorted out, you went crying to the site owner to get me off the site and then to a Lawyer. Are people on the forum aware you keep a file on me?

You are a rather pathetic person who does not like his beliefs questioned. Quite frankly I think you are no more than a thoroughly brainwashed ex-military has been!

So ..... you now have an opportunity with the WTC1 post, to give some detail and explain what I can possibly have said in that post that was in any way inaccurate that I need to apologise for or what I have said that has come straight from Putin et al? But you won't, like the other two clowns, because you can't. You really are paranoid! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Reformist candidates iced out of Iran elections

Iran votes Friday in high-stakes parliamentary elections dominated by conservative candidates after the Guardian Council disqualified thousands of Reformists. The elections come at a time of intense internal tensions and pressure from abroad, with the United States’ “maximum pressure” campaign wreaking havoc on Iran’s economy. Most of the 7,296 banned candidates come from the ranks of moderate President Hassan Rouhani's alliance with Reformists, which has lost influence amid economic strains and the gradual collapse of the 2015 nuclear deal. As a result, conservatives are expected to win most of the unicameral parliament’s 290 seats, where an alliance between Reformists, centrists and moderate conservatives has had a plurality since the last elections in 2016.

Conservative candidates, however, face their own obstacles, having failed to agree on a single list for the elections. Instead, the Front of Islamic Revolution Stability close to hard-line cleric Muhammad Taqi Misbah and the Coalition Council of Islamic Revolution Forces have presented rival lists. The Reformist camp is also divided into different parties. The Executives of Construction Party, founded by late President Hashemi Rafsanjani, is presenting its own list, while other smaller Reformist parties are all competing separately. Amid all the political squabbling and declining faith in Iran’s political system, turnout is expected to be quite low, which has historically hurt the moderate-Reformist camp.

(C) 2020, middle east minute
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8942
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The impending war against Iran thread

Postby Londonrake » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Robin Hood wrote:I really can't be bothered to go through all this again ...... it is the same old story from you of constant accusations without actually being specific ..... over and over. I refuse to continually defend myself against your ranting's, I really don't see what you get out of it, except a 'following' of like idiots, which is so important to you.

You have previously been caught out lying ...... but your response as always was to blame me. The subject came up yesterday lunchtime with a mutual friend when I explained why you had decided to no longer join the group for our monthly lunch. You lied to him and then blamed me, although it was you embellishing a story (lying) to begin with, that was the problem, and he has a completely different recollection of events from the one you propagate. May be you should ask him all about it and get your story straight.

You lie when you say you never threatened me? You omit the info about all the PM's you were getting from people who hated me and wanted you to join them to do me harm! Remember the ' .... they know where you live' threat? You also leave out the TIC-TOC-TIC-TOC countdown at the end of every one of your posts! Then like the true 'hero' think you are, when I said I could use connections to get you sorted out, you went crying to the site owner to get me off the site and then to a Lawyer. Are people on the forum aware you keep a file on me?

You are a rather pathetic person who does not like his beliefs questioned. Quite frankly I think you are no more than a thoroughly brainwashed ex-military has been!.................. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I could address much of what you say - point by point - but won't. Except to add that most of what you - spitefully - post is a lot like your usual efforts.

I was 12000 miles away when you had your last group lunch. I would have thought that sufficient reason for my absence. I'm very disappointed but not surprised that you seem once again to have taken the route of trying to "get back" by involving somebody we both know.

I will tell you my true feelings on this.

We have been at each others throats for something like 10 years now. Without - yet again - going into the specifics there is obviously no way that the 2 of us are every going to get along on any forum.

Last April - hoping to draw a line under it all - I invited you to my 70th birthday party. You declined, for reasons which I understand. You reciprocated by inviting me to your monthly lunches. I was glad to accept and attended quite happily for 4 months. Good events in the company of a very interesting bunch. The reason that worked was because you effectively left this forum for that time.

I enjoyed those monthly meetings and really thought that we were on the road to becoming quite good friends.

For some reason - which escapes me - you decided to come back and of course events took their entirely predictable route. Now it seems - after the obvious outcome - you have in essence left again. Just like you did on CEO.

Enlighten me. What exactly did you get from coming back? Arguments with Paphitis? Was it worth it?

What a terrible shame. Don't you think? Can you understand when I say that I think you're stupid? :(
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest