The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


US launches missile strikes on Syria

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:15 am

Paphitis wrote:Are you not glad the Americans have held their fire because it is a very 2 way street.

If the Americans didn't, there is only an increased chance it would precipitate in WW3. There is never any guarantee that the Russians will start WW3. What the Russians are more likely to do is request urgent Security Council sessions and have urgent meetings with the Americans about the situation.

The Russians will not start WW3 just because a few S400 missiles were targeted.

But the Russian threats were quite explicit. They were just a big bluff, as the WW3 rhetoric would prove likely to be a major bluff too.

The Americans will not do it because Syria isn't important enough to raise the risk for WW3. Are you not thankful?


Thankful for what?? That they did not fire on the Russians directly?
Should I be thankful to a lunatic, just because he didn't risk sparking WW3 for no reason???

Reh Paphiti, you give me the impression you 'd really love to see a direct confrontation between the superpowers.
Do you think this is some kind of computer game, where you can cause Armageddon and then no problem, press a button and start a new game? :o :shock:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Paphitis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote: There are so many aircraft that use TERCOM. The F111 was one and the Tornado is another.


Could you please give me the links to that info? I want to check the role of the pilot


The role of the pilot is to sit back and enjoy the roller coaster ride.

Well not quite. His role is to monitor the integrity of the Aircrafts Engines, Instruments and Sensors. But if something went wrong and someone had the ability to JAM the TERCOM, chances are there is not enough time to react. The aircraft would spear into the ground at 0.000001 second.


So where's the link I asked? :shock:


I can't give you such a link. There are no such link available that I know of anyway.

But the Terrain Following Map is linked to the Auto Pilot and the aircraft adjusts course automatically to avoid terrain. They pilot does not do it, because firstly, it is extremely dangerous and risky that a small error will be made and the aircraft is flown into terrain and even if that doesn't occur, it is mentally exhausting on the pilot that mentally they would be spent in a very short time. Their brain would be jelly and fatigued and under immense G Force to boot making things about 10 times worse because at times, pilots are at the point of black out and red out. They are slipping in and out of consciousness believe it or not. You actually doze in and out.

It's not easy to fly a plane below 100 FT through rolling terrain. They rely on technology to do it.

The F-111 and Tornado when flying with TERCOM, is exactly like a Cruise Missile. There is absolutely no difference. The aircraft is flown automatically through a pre-programmed route and at very high speed and at extreme low altitudes to terrain mask their position from any radar. Pilot is not flying, just monitoring systems and makings comms.
Last edited by Paphitis on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22508
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Paphitis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Are you not glad the Americans have held their fire because it is a very 2 way street.

If the Americans didn't, there is only an increased chance it would precipitate in WW3. There is never any guarantee that the Russians will start WW3. What the Russians are more likely to do is request urgent Security Council sessions and have urgent meetings with the Americans about the situation.

The Russians will not start WW3 just because a few S400 missiles were targeted.

But the Russian threats were quite explicit. They were just a big bluff, as the WW3 rhetoric would prove likely to be a major bluff too.

The Americans will not do it because Syria isn't important enough to raise the risk for WW3. Are you not thankful?


Thankful for what?? That they did not fire on the Russians directly?
Should I be thankful to a lunatic, just because he didn't risk sparking WW3 for no reason???

Reh Paphiti, you give me the impression you 'd really love to see a direct confrontation between the superpowers.
Do you think this is some kind of computer game, where you can cause Armageddon and then no problem, press a button and start a new game? :o :shock:


No I don't want to see a direct confrontaion.

The lunatics are the Russian Aircraft that buzz US Ships at 75FT. The Americans as far as we know do not do that to Russian Ships and follow some protocol. Now if that is not the case, then the Americans are lunatics too but we do not have any evidence that this is so.

The other lunatics are those who have used Chemical Weapons against civilians in Syria.

The Coalition responded with 103 missiles. Everyone was warned that this is a red line and the Americans responded. There was no intent to change anything but to make a point and that is what they did.

Now, the Coalition know what they are doing, and they also know that the Russians are NOT in a position to start any kind of war with NATO and Coalition nations. They would eat their arseholes and start sucking their thumbs and rocking on their chairs within hours because that would be a huge mistake for the Russians and it will be a war they will not win either. Pootin would be finished and discredited.

We also know that Pootin will never escalate to WW3 or use any Nuclear Weapons.

Russia's defeat would be very decisive too. It would be a one horse race. and deep down we all know that is the case. So let's all be realistic about things please!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22508
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Are you not glad the Americans have held their fire because it is a very 2 way street.

If the Americans didn't, there is only an increased chance it would precipitate in WW3. There is never any guarantee that the Russians will start WW3. What the Russians are more likely to do is request urgent Security Council sessions and have urgent meetings with the Americans about the situation.

The Russians will not start WW3 just because a few S400 missiles were targeted.

But the Russian threats were quite explicit. They were just a big bluff, as the WW3 rhetoric would prove likely to be a major bluff too.

The Americans will not do it because Syria isn't important enough to raise the risk for WW3. Are you not thankful?


Thankful for what?? That they did not fire on the Russians directly?
Should I be thankful to a lunatic, just because he didn't risk sparking WW3 for no reason???

Reh Paphiti, you give me the impression you 'd really love to see a direct confrontation between the superpowers.
Do you think this is some kind of computer game, where you can cause Armageddon and then no problem, press a button and start a new game? :o :shock:


No I don't want to see a direct confrontaion.

The lunatics are the Russian Aircraft that buzz US Ships at 75FT. The Americans as far as we know do not do that to Russian Ships and follow some protocol. Now if that is not the case, then the Americans are lunatics too but we do not have any evidence that this is so.

Maybe the Americans are just more easily frightened when they realise their electronics is screwed and they are naked to the Russian pilots who are no doubt stoned out of their minds on Vodka! :lol: !

The other lunatics are those who have used Chemical Weapons against civilians in Syria

You mean like the White Helmets and all the terrorists the US/UK support and supply with weapons .... including chlorine from Germany for their chemical weapons laboratory's now being uncovered in Douma and 'grenades' from a company in Salisbury UK ?

The Coalition responded with 103 missiles. Everyone was warned that this is a red line and the Americans responded. There was no intent to change anything but to make a point and that is what they did.

They made a point that the FUKUS were prepared to flout the UN Charter and International Law on propaganda supplied by their own paid proxies, without requiring any substantiation and then blaming Assad and Russia. A decision that is a war crime .... in fact the ultimate war crime!

Now, the Coalition know what they are doing, and they also know that the Russians are NOT in a position to start any kind of war with NATO and Coalition nations. They would eat their arseholes and start sucking their thumbs and rocking on their chairs within hours because that would be a huge mistake for the Russians and it will be a war they will not win either. Pootin would be finished and discredited.

I very much doubt the Russians will start WWIII but I would not assume they won't finish it, if the US or any Western country attacked Mother Russia. Then it will be you kissing your ass goodbye!

We also know that Pootin will never escalate to WW3 or use any Nuclear Weapons.

He will retaliate if threatened, the Russians will seriously hurt the US and NATO countries and if the US decides to retaliate, they will turn the US into a 'glass ashtray'. As Putin said "... what is a World without Mother Russia. :roll: :cry:


Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Paphitis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:56 pm

No I mean Assad. I was very clear about it too.

And I was also very clear about the Coalition Cruise Missile Response which speaks for itself.

No one gives a stuff about your perceptions of the UN Charter. No one will say a word when Assad has violated the Geneva Convention and committed War Crimes against his own people and has also used Chemical Weapons. The Coalition response is in response to all that and it isn't illegal.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22508
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby miltiades » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Are you not glad the Americans have held their fire because it is a very 2 way street.

If the Americans didn't, there is only an increased chance it would precipitate in WW3. There is never any guarantee that the Russians will start WW3. What the Russians are more likely to do is request urgent Security Council sessions and have urgent meetings with the Americans about the situation.

The Russians will not start WW3 just because a few S400 missiles were targeted.

But the Russian threats were quite explicit. They were just a big bluff, as the WW3 rhetoric would prove likely to be a major bluff too.

The Americans will not do it because Syria isn't important enough to raise the risk for WW3. Are you not thankful?


Thankful for what?? That they did not fire on the Russians directly?
Should I be thankful to a lunatic, just because he didn't risk sparking WW3 for no reason???

Reh Paphiti, you give me the impression you 'd really love to see a direct confrontation between the superpowers.
Do you think this is some kind of computer game, where you can cause Armageddon and then no problem, press a button and start a new game? :o :shock:


No I don't want to see a direct confrontaion.

The lunatics are the Russian Aircraft that buzz US Ships at 75FT. The Americans as far as we know do not do that to Russian Ships and follow some protocol. Now if that is not the case, then the Americans are lunatics too but we do not have any evidence that this is so.

The other lunatics are those who have used Chemical Weapons against civilians in Syria.

The Coalition responded with 103 missiles. Everyone was warned that this is a red line and the Americans responded. There was no intent to change anything but to make a point and that is what they did.

Now, the Coalition know what they are doing, and they also know that the Russians are NOT in a position to start any kind of war with NATO and Coalition nations. They would eat their arseholes and start sucking their thumbs and rocking on their chairs within hours because that would be a huge mistake for the Russians and it will be a war they will not win either. Pootin would be finished and discredited.

We also know that Pootin will never escalate to WW3 or use any Nuclear Weapons.

Russia's defeat would be very decisive too. It would be a one horse race. and deep down we all know that is the case. So let's all be realistic about things please!

You do come out with crap dont you.
Open your eyes you fool, ask your self what the fuck is the US doing in Syria.
General get YOUR troops out of Syria, it may encourage the rest of the west to stay clear. It is a Syrian problem NOT our problem.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16811
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Paphitis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Are you not glad the Americans have held their fire because it is a very 2 way street.

If the Americans didn't, there is only an increased chance it would precipitate in WW3. There is never any guarantee that the Russians will start WW3. What the Russians are more likely to do is request urgent Security Council sessions and have urgent meetings with the Americans about the situation.

The Russians will not start WW3 just because a few S400 missiles were targeted.

But the Russian threats were quite explicit. They were just a big bluff, as the WW3 rhetoric would prove likely to be a major bluff too.

The Americans will not do it because Syria isn't important enough to raise the risk for WW3. Are you not thankful?


Thankful for what?? That they did not fire on the Russians directly?
Should I be thankful to a lunatic, just because he didn't risk sparking WW3 for no reason???

Reh Paphiti, you give me the impression you 'd really love to see a direct confrontation between the superpowers.
Do you think this is some kind of computer game, where you can cause Armageddon and then no problem, press a button and start a new game? :o :shock:


No I don't want to see a direct confrontaion.

The lunatics are the Russian Aircraft that buzz US Ships at 75FT. The Americans as far as we know do not do that to Russian Ships and follow some protocol. Now if that is not the case, then the Americans are lunatics too but we do not have any evidence that this is so.

The other lunatics are those who have used Chemical Weapons against civilians in Syria.

The Coalition responded with 103 missiles. Everyone was warned that this is a red line and the Americans responded. There was no intent to change anything but to make a point and that is what they did.

Now, the Coalition know what they are doing, and they also know that the Russians are NOT in a position to start any kind of war with NATO and Coalition nations. They would eat their arseholes and start sucking their thumbs and rocking on their chairs within hours because that would be a huge mistake for the Russians and it will be a war they will not win either. Pootin would be finished and discredited.

We also know that Pootin will never escalate to WW3 or use any Nuclear Weapons.

Russia's defeat would be very decisive too. It would be a one horse race. and deep down we all know that is the case. So let's all be realistic about things please!

You do come out with crap dont you.
Open your eyes you fool, ask your self what the fuck is the US doing in Syria.
General get YOUR troops out of Syria, it may encourage the rest of the west to stay clear. It is a Syrian problem NOT our problem.


It was very clear what the US was doing in Syria.

It defeated ISIL. If it wasn't for the US and the Coalition, ISIL would still be in control of most of Syria. Assad never fought ISIL apart from around Palmyra.

Secondly, the other thing we are doing in Syria is protect the Syrian Democratic Forces and the Kurds.

We will also bomb the Assad regime when they commit crimes such as use chemical weapons.

The Americans are the only sane thing going in Syria. And that is a FACT!

Now you will need to ask the real question. What is Israel doing in Syria. methinks the Israeli's are not going to be as nice as the Americans are, and neither will they fight ISIL. They are going to fight Hezbollah, Iran and Assad.

Israel is never going to accept the new Status Quo.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22508
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote: There are so many aircraft that use TERCOM. The F111 was one and the Tornado is another.


Could you please give me the links to that info? I want to check the role of the pilot


The role of the pilot is to sit back and enjoy the roller coaster ride.

Well not quite. His role is to monitor the integrity of the Aircrafts Engines, Instruments and Sensors. But if something went wrong and someone had the ability to JAM the TERCOM, chances are there is not enough time to react. The aircraft would spear into the ground at 0.000001 second.


So where's the link I asked? :shock:


I can't give you such a link. There are no such link available that I know of anyway.

But the Terrain Following Map is linked to the Auto Pilot and the aircraft adjusts course automatically to avoid terrain. They pilot does not do it, because firstly, it is extremely dangerous and risky that a small error will be made and the aircraft is flown into terrain and even if that doesn't occur, it is mentally exhausting on the pilot that mentally they would be spent in a very short time. Their brain would be jelly and fatigued and under immense G Force to boot making things about 10 times worse because at times, pilots are at the point of black out and red out. They are slipping in and out of consciousness believe it or not. You actually doze in and out.

It's not easy to fly a plane below 100 FT through rolling terrain. They rely on technology to do it.

The F-111 and Tornado when flying with TERCOM, is exactly like a Cruise Missile. There is absolutely no difference. The aircraft is flown automatically through a pre-programmed route and at very high speed and at extreme low altitudes to terrain mask their position from any radar. Pilot is not flying, just monitoring systems and makings comms.


You obviously believe that those systems work flawlessly and with absolute precision, simply because that's what you were trained to beleive.
Imagine opening the eyes of pilots to the various weaknesses of the systems they are supposed to trust.
The truth however is far from that. Those TERCOM systems often lose control for various reasons. At some point the pilot has either to correct the fault manually -which from what you said looks rather impossible , or simply disengage the aircraft from TERCOM.

That's the reason I needed the links for.
Your hypothesis that the pilots do nothing other than monitor the integrity of the Aircrafts Engines, Instruments and Sensors, cannot hold on any logical test.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Paphitis wrote:We also know that Pootin will never escalate to WW3 or use any Nuclear Weapons.

Russia's defeat would be very decisive too. It would be a one horse race. and deep down we all know that is the case. So let's all be realistic about things please!


Does that mean "yours" will ever escalate to WW3 or use Nuclear Weapons against Russia because according to "yours" Russia would be defeated etc etc?

Let's be realistic indeed. I doubt anyone who holds such paranoid views can ever be.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: US launches missile strikes on Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Paphitis wrote:No I mean Assad. I was very clear about it too.

And I was also very clear about the Coalition Cruise Missile Response which speaks for itself.

No one gives a stuff about your perceptions of the UN Charter. No one will say a word when Assad has violated the Geneva Convention and committed War Crimes against his own people and has also used Chemical Weapons. The Coalition response is in response to all that and it isn't illegal.


Unless you provide proof it is illegal. The UN Charter gives just two reasons for attacking a sovereign State 1) They attacked you first and 2) You have a UN Mandate ..... neither applied to this attack, therefore it was illegal. But it would have been perfectly legal for Syria/Russia to respond and attack your launch platforms, including airfields! I know that you as a shrill for the US and its partners, have no respect for the rule of law, unless it suits your aims.

But the last paragraph is all accusations without credible evidence! How do you explain why, if Assad is the person you say he is, that he wins an election in 2014 with a large majority that observers agreed was a free election? As many Syrians and senior military are now saying, as well as Senators, Politicians, Diplomats and senior Civil Servants, that to gas his own people when he has all but won the internal conflict in Syria is the one thing he knows would bring the US/NATO down on his neck .... and that would be to use chemical weapons! As one US Senator said it does not make sense ...... "If Assad did that , he must be the dumbest SOB on the face of the Planet!" :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests