The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The risks to children of British public schools.

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Yes they have reports but nothing has ever been found legit.

they are just mud slinging allegations from class warfare imbeciles trying to cut these schools down a peg or 2 but no one is buying and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them.

Sexual abuse is not something you will find in these schools.


You are quite simply wrong and demonstrably so. I will demonstrate. Let us take your top school

Geelong Grammar

form the website of the Australian Governments Royal Commission into institutional responses to Child Sexual Abuse

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.g ... l-released

Five staff members at Geelong Grammar School – Graham Leslie Dennis, John Hamilton Buckley, Stefan Van Vuuren, Philippe Trutmann and John Fitzroy Clive Harvey (known as Jonathan Harvey) – have been convicted of child sex offences.


FIVE. CONVICTED.

These are not 'mud slinging allegations'. They are facts. Facts that are in total contradiction to your claims that " and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them". Unless of course you want to try and argue that 'sexual penetration' of a child by an adult teacher is not of 'any seriousness' ? Not only has sexual abuse been found at Geelong School historically, it has been found multiple times, involving multiple perpetrators over decades.

Just read the report Paphitis.


I don't have a problem with any of that and as I told you before - I would feel VERY comfortable to send my children at Geelong Grammar if I could afford the fees and I would be very proud of them for attending such a school.

I would rather my children attend Geelong than any Australian Government run public school for the following reasons:

1) Geelong is well, it's Geelong Grammar. Like Eton is Eton. It's one of the best in the world.
2) The most powerful of powerful go to Geelong - networks! That alone is worth the money.
3) The academic performance is high
4) the Children are protected from all sorts of crap on account of the school being owned and operated by The Church of England.
5) It's well heeled and the children aree better disciplined.

Oh but did I say Geelong Grammar is Geelong Grammar?

And I am sorry but I am pretty suspicious of all those allegations. Since when can students just make allegations and a Royal Commission just accept it without evidence?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25192
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby Pyrpolizer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Paphitis wrote:You see privilege. What I see are disciplined and well heelled families who invest a lot of money into their children because they value education and discipline.

I also see lots of families who fight tooth and nail to send their kids there and are struggling to stay afloat but I admire them even more.

And I see institutions which deliver a superior educational service to the children fortunate enough to attend these schools and I also see a lot of them achieve great things in life and become successful.


What you will NEVER see is any graduate of those make anything in life that would result in human PROGRESS.
Because they are trained from an early age to do the exact opposite
You will never get a Thomas Edison, a Nikola Tesla, or a Rudolf Diesel out of those. At best you will get finely tuned robots, and trash.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10452
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:25 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:It's not as if you actually care for any of the families that have their children attend these schools. You consider these families to be families of extreme privilege and you want to wage war against these families and really rape them because you envy this world because that is how people of your political persuasion roll.


Just dot it like this:

Paphitis wrote:Spoiler warning! Extreme nonsense follows.
It's not as if you actually care for any of the families that have their children attend these schools. You consider these families to be families of extreme privilege and you want to wage war against these families and really rape them because you envy this world because that is how people of your political persuasion roll.


That's not nonsense.

Erolz wants funding to stop for these schools. I am not sure how things work in the UK but let's say the Australian Government cuts funding and the private system collapses, then the entire Ayustralian Education System falls apart.

We have hundreds to a few thousand of private schools in Australia. 20% of students in Australia (that's 1 in 5) attend private schools.

In 2018:

there were 3,893,834 students enrolled in 9,477 schools
65.7% of students were enrolled in government schools, 19.7% in catholic schools and 14.6% in independent schools
teachers made up 69.5% of in-school full-time equivalent staff
the grade 7 to 12 Apparent Retention Rate for Australia was 84.5%, and
the student to teaching staff ratio for all schools and affiliations was 13.5.

I don't know what the ratio is in the UK but if it is anything like Australia then the UK Education system will also collapse without the private Sector and Etons.

Erolz is just playing politics of envy and couldn't care in the slightest about the welfare of the rich kids that go to Geelong. he even mentioned and singled out Murdoch who attended Geelong and is one of the wealthiest people on the planet. The guy is worth many Billions. He went to Geelong and he singled Murdoch out because in his mind Murdoch is a vulture.

Murdoch however DOES employ 500,000 people all over the world, whilst Erolz and you are just 2 garagiozithes!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25192
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:29 pm

I at one point considered enrolling my children in a Greek Orthodox Run school and would rather that than any Government Run School in Australia.

Not because I don't trust the Government. I don't trust some of the imbeciles who work in the Education Departments across Australia. Some of the stupid ideas they have come up with is just astonishing.

Did you also know there are families in Australia who refuse to send their children to Government Schools. And it's legal for parents to do this and elect home schooling. The Government is then obligated to actually fund the home schooling costs of these kids.

The reason why some families refuse to send their kids to school is because they do not have faith in the education system.

I have been very critical of religions in the past but as far as I am concerned I can only trust these religions with my children more than the Government. Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican you name it.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25192
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby erolz66 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Paphitis wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Yes they have reports but nothing has ever been found legit.

they are just mud slinging allegations from class warfare imbeciles trying to cut these schools down a peg or 2 but no one is buying and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them.

Sexual abuse is not something you will find in these schools.


You are quite simply wrong and demonstrably so. I will demonstrate. Let us take your top school

Geelong Grammar

form the website of the Australian Governments Royal Commission into institutional responses to Child Sexual Abuse

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.g ... l-released

Five staff members at Geelong Grammar School – Graham Leslie Dennis, John Hamilton Buckley, Stefan Van Vuuren, Philippe Trutmann and John Fitzroy Clive Harvey (known as Jonathan Harvey) – have been convicted of child sex offences.


FIVE. CONVICTED.

These are not 'mud slinging allegations'. They are facts. Facts that are in total contradiction to your claims that " and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them". Unless of course you want to try and argue that 'sexual penetration' of a child by an adult teacher is not of 'any seriousness' ? Not only has sexual abuse been found at Geelong School historically, it has been found multiple times, involving multiple perpetrators over decades.

Just read the report Paphitis.


I don't have a problem with any of that and as I told you before - I would feel VERY comfortable to send my children at Geelong Grammar if I could afford the fees and I would be very proud of them for attending such a school.

I would rather my children attend Geelong than any Australian Government run public school for the following reasons:

And I am sorry but I am pretty suspicious of all those allegations. Since when can students just make allegations and a Royal Commission just accept it without evidence?


Is there something wrong with you ? The commission was not looking into Child sexual abuse. It was looking at institutional responses to child sexual abuse. It was not hearing testimony as to if sexual abuse had occurred at Geelong. That was already KNOWN and PROVEN. Proven by 5 SEPERATE court cases where the perpetrators were found guilt by a COURT OF LAW and CONVICTED. The commission was hearing testimony from the proven VICTIMS of these assaults as to when and how they reported such and how Geelong responded to such reports.

These are the FACTS. Against the background of these FACTS you claim

Yes they have reports but nothing has ever been found legit. They are just mud slinging allegations from class warfare imbeciles trying to cut these schools down a peg or 2 but no one is buying and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them. Sexual abuse is not something you will find in these schools.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Yes they have reports but nothing has ever been found legit.

they are just mud slinging allegations from class warfare imbeciles trying to cut these schools down a peg or 2 but no one is buying and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them.

Sexual abuse is not something you will find in these schools.


You are quite simply wrong and demonstrably so. I will demonstrate. Let us take your top school

Geelong Grammar

form the website of the Australian Governments Royal Commission into institutional responses to Child Sexual Abuse

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.g ... l-released

Five staff members at Geelong Grammar School – Graham Leslie Dennis, John Hamilton Buckley, Stefan Van Vuuren, Philippe Trutmann and John Fitzroy Clive Harvey (known as Jonathan Harvey) – have been convicted of child sex offences.


FIVE. CONVICTED.

These are not 'mud slinging allegations'. They are facts. Facts that are in total contradiction to your claims that " and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them". Unless of course you want to try and argue that 'sexual penetration' of a child by an adult teacher is not of 'any seriousness' ? Not only has sexual abuse been found at Geelong School historically, it has been found multiple times, involving multiple perpetrators over decades.

Just read the report Paphitis.


I don't have a problem with any of that and as I told you before - I would feel VERY comfortable to send my children at Geelong Grammar if I could afford the fees and I would be very proud of them for attending such a school.

I would rather my children attend Geelong than any Australian Government run public school for the following reasons:

And I am sorry but I am pretty suspicious of all those allegations. Since when can students just make allegations and a Royal Commission just accept it without evidence?


Is there something wrong with you ? The commission was not looking into Child sexual abuse. It was looking at institutional responses to child sexual abuse. It was not hearing testimony as to if sexual abuse had occurred at Geelong. That was already KNOWN and PROVEN. Proven by 5 SEPERATE court cases where the perpetrators were found guilt by a COURT OF LAW and CONVICTED. The commission was hearing testimony from the proven VICTIMS of these assaults as to when and how they reported such and how Geelong responded to such reports.

These are the FACTS. Against the background of these FACTS you claim

Yes they have reports but nothing has ever been found legit. They are just mud slinging allegations from class warfare imbeciles trying to cut these schools down a peg or 2 but no one is buying and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them. Sexual abuse is not something you will find in these schools.


yeh institutional responses probably because the allegations were farcical and those who were acused were probably extremely distinguished people who served the school with utter and complete professionalism and diligence.

probably because the institution ignored the allegations and smears because there was no evidence or smoking gun and because the allegations were probably made by students and families who were expelled from the school because of some misconduct involving drugs and such like that they ended up having a chip on their shoulder and made false allegations.

Sorry but I do not believe someone should be dismissed because someone comes out and fingers a teacher and makes some outrageous allegations.

I am all for the full brunt of the law coming down on teachers and people in authority who have indeed abused children in any way.

I told you before. Geelong Grammar passes at all levels for me and I would rather my kids go there than attend a public school.

I would not send my kids to a Government School EVER! I would rather my wife school them at home if it came to that.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25192
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby erolz66 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Paphitis wrote:Erolz is just playing politics of envy and couldn't care in the slightest about the welfare of the rich kids that go to Geelong.


Against the fact that 5 separate former Geelong teachers have been to date have been found guilty and convicted, in 5 separate courts of law for sexual abuse of children under their care at Geelong and the royal commission identifying systematic failures by Geelong in their responses when such criminal acts by their staff were happening, you claim

Yes they have reports but nothing has ever been found legit. They are just mud slinging allegations from class warfare imbeciles trying to cut these schools down a peg or 2 but no one is buying and no one has ever been arrested and no investigation of any seriousness had ever taken place at any of them. Sexual abuse is not something you will find in these schools.


AND THEN you claim that I am one playing politics and could not care in the slightest about the welfare of the rich kids that go to Geelong. All the actual evidence suggest that YOU are the one 'playing politics' and that you not only do not care about the victims of these crimes, you will deny they even were victims at all, imply they are lying about what happened to them to try and protect your 'right' to be free to buy advantage for you own children. It is not hard to conclude that your politics are the politics of greed and little else. Your attitude and behaviour in this regard literally disgusts me.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:59 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:You see privilege. What I see are disciplined and well heelled families who invest a lot of money into their children because they value education and discipline.

I also see lots of families who fight tooth and nail to send their kids there and are struggling to stay afloat but I admire them even more.

And I see institutions which deliver a superior educational service to the children fortunate enough to attend these schools and I also see a lot of them achieve great things in life and become successful.


What you will NEVER see is any graduate of those make anything in life that would result in human PROGRESS.
Because they are trained from an early age to do the exact opposite
You will never get a Thomas Edison, a Nikola Tesla, or a Rudolf Diesel out of those. At best you will get finely tuned robots, and trash.


That is of course not true.

There are so many leading medical professionals that have attended these private schools. People on the Australian medical Boards. Leading Cancer researchers renowned the world over. Doctors who also volunteer their time and travel to the far reaches of the earth into war torn areas as well. We have Nobel prize winners who attended these schools. Australian Prime Ministers and Ministers as well as other leading politicians.

We have elite stock brokers, financiers, bankers, and other professionals attend these schools. We have wealthy tycoons and business owners attend these schools. People like Murdoch himself.

We have leading lawyers attend these schools.

Even our very own Australian Astronaut for NASA was schooled in these schools.

These schools have been at the leading edge and have churned out some very outstanding people.

The medical and legal professions are littered with people from these schools. These schools do have a huge impact and a big footprint on our society, and they are bastions for what is right and what is good.

The who's who of Australia attend these schools.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/30-o ... lia-2016-9
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25192
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby erolz66 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Paphitis wrote:yeh institutional responses probably because the allegations were farcical and those who were acused were probably extremely distinguished people who served the school with utter and complete professionalism and diligence.

probably because the institution ignored the allegations and smears because there was no evidence or smoking gun and because the allegations were probably made by students and families who were expelled from the school because of some misconduct involving drugs and such like that they ended up having a chip on their shoulder and made false allegations.

Sorry but I do not believe someone should be dismissed because someone comes out and fingers a teacher and makes some outrageous allegations.

I am all for the full brunt of the law coming down on teachers and people in authority who have indeed abused children in any way.


What the fuck is wrong with you Paphitis ?

John Hamilton Buckley

Buckley was a resident housemaster at Geelong Grammar during the 1980s. Buckley pleaded guilty to five charges of indecent assault upon a male person and three charges of gross indecency, one charge of sexual penetration with a person aged between 10 and 16 and one charge of possession of child pornography. The charges related to offences that took place between 1980 and 1983, when he was housemaster of a boarding house at Glamorgan. He was sentenced on 11 September 2015 to a total term of imprisonment of seven years and six months. He is required to serve four years and nine months before being eligible for parole.


This former Geelong teacher was not 'dismissed because someone comes out and fingers a teacher and makes some outrageous allegations'. He was brought before a COURT OF LAW and pleaded GUILTY to having sexual assaulted children under his care at Geelong, including a charge of SEXUAL PENETRATION of a child. THIS is a person you are describing as 'extremely distinguished people who served the school with utter and complete professionalism and diligence.' What is wrong with you Paphitis ? When you do things like this you disgust me.

You can read about this specific case in countless places including the murdoch owned Herald Sun newspaper who describes this man as "A DEPRAVED former teacher at elite Geelong Grammar who molested students has failed in his attempt to escape justice." You describe him as 'probably extremely distinguished [person] who served the school with utter and complete professionalism and diligence." https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... de=premium

Now that is the details of just ONE of the FIVE former teachers at Geelong who have ALL been CONVICTED by COURTS OF LAW for child sex offences.

FFS.
Last edited by erolz66 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: The risks to children of British public schools.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Notable Alumni: HRH Charles, Prince of Wales. HM Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin, King of Malaysia. John Fairfax, media proprietor. Rupert Murdoch, media proprietor. Kerry Packer, media and gaming tycoon.

Notable Alumni: Brett Whiteley, artist. Lee Freedman, racehorse trainer. Dr. Graeme Clark, key figure in the research and development of the Bionic Ear. Charlie Teo, neurosurgeon. Peter Dowding, former Premier of Western Australia.

Notable Alumni: Margaret Whitlam, champion swimmer, wife of former Prime Minister Gough Whitlam. Claudia Karvan, actress. Dr Joan Freeman, nuclear physicist. Virginia Bell, High Court judge. Kay Patterson, former federal health minister.”

Notable Alumni: Sir Edmund Barton, former Prime Minister of Australia. Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton, Olympian. Banjo Paterson, poet and author.”

Notable Alumni: Agnes Elizabeth Lloyd Bennett, pioneering medical practitioner and scientist. Georgie Parker, actress. Sue Fear, the first Australian woman to climb Mount Everest. Erica Baxter, model, singer.

Notable Alumni: Roger Corbett, former Reserve Bank board member and Woolworths CEO. Sir Frank Packer, media proprietor. Chris Taylor, comedian, The Chaser. Phil Waugh, rugby union player.

Notable Alumni: Joe Hockey, former federal treasurer. Bernard Foley, rugby union player. Anh Do, author and entertainer. Don Burke, television personality.

Notable Alumni: Barbara Cullen, national president of Country Women’s Association. Camilla Franks, fashion designer. Mia Freedman, editor-in-chief at Mammamia. Helen Newell, vice president of Rio Tinto Energy. Belinda Hutchison, chancellor of Sydney University. Kate Waterhouse, media identity.

Notable Alumni: Dorothy Porter, poet. Suzanne Sharon Vardon (AO), CEO of the Department for Families and Communities, South Australia, former CEO of Centrelink.

Notable Alumni: John Marsden, author. Mike Baird, politician. John Anderson, former Nationals leader. Stirling Mortlock, rugby union player.

Notable Alumni: Portia de Rossi, actress. Sally Walker, former vice chancellor of Deakin University.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25192
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests