The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


La La Land

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: La La Land

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:24 pm

Londonrake wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
I think any person reading that diatribe would clearly see that it is you that appears to have the problems you recite. Everything you have wasted your time writing is just your opinion, blatant lies and distortion of fact. GET A LIFE!


One thing that is completely clear in all my time posting here is that you are unable to admit you are wrong - even when your own posts on the same page contradict each other! :lol:


Well, there are lots of examples suggesting RH isn't omnipotent. Here's a recent one:

Kim Jong-nam, Brother of the North Korean leader, wasn't assassinated in Kuala Lumpur air terminal by 2 women using Novichok, as RH stated. It was VX. Much older and less potent

Novichok in fact is pretty deadly. Which is why, when Dawn Sturgess sprayed a small amount on her wrist - from a perfume-like bottle discarded by the 2 GRU men sent to carry out a hit on Sergei Skripal - she fell unconscioius immediately and died in Salisbury hospital a week later. She didn't "drown in it". :roll:


Who is stupid here .... me or you? I suggest the latter!

In your rush to get 'one-up' on me you make yourself look silly and explain how Novichoc is so deadly that one victim who 'sprayed a small amount' of it on her wrist', collapsed and it then took her a week to die with this substance which even the Russians say has no antidote and kills in a few minutes?

Porton Down must have been working on it for years! :lol: :lol: .

But when the much less effective VX was rubbed on his face by two women (who suffered no ill effects) this far les powerful VX ....... killed NAM in just a few minutes. How come? :?: If the VX killed in minutes and Novichoc (if it was ever Novichoc as we only have the UK Government statements to say it was) took a week to kill Dawn Sturgess after spraying it on ...... i.e. atomising it to increase the effect!

How can your explanation be correct? :roll:

MINUS one Brownie point for you ..... I'm still one up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:36 pm

Robin Hood wrote:Who is stupid here .... me or you? I suggest the latter!

In your rush to get 'one-up' on me you make yourself look silly and explain how Novichoc is so deadly that one victim who 'sprayed a small amount' of it on her wrist', collapsed and it then took her a week to die with this substance which even the Russians say has no antidote and kills in a few minutes?

Porton Down must have been working on it for years! :lol: :lol: .

But when the much less effective VX was rubbed on his face by two women (who suffered no ill effects) this far les powerful VX ....... killed NAM in just a few minutes. How come? :?: If the VX killed in minutes and Novichoc (if it was ever Novichoc as we only have the UK Government statements to say it was) took a week to kill Dawn Sturgess after spraying it on ...... i.e. atomising it to increase the effect!

How can your explanation be correct? :roll:

MINUS one Brownie point for you ..... I'm still one up! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Ahh! Mr angry. In for another shot. Can't get enough -ehh? :wink:

Yes - it was Porton Down wot done it! Clearly, they were pissed off with Ex-GRU Colonel Sergei Skripal going around NATO countries lecturing on GRU training and tactics. It makes perfect sense they would try to assassinate him. :roll:

The 2 GRU guys - a highly decorated Lt Col and a Major - who popped across in early March "to admire the famous spire of Salisbury Cathedral" - except they didn't - although they were clocked doing a recce on Salisbury prior to coming back and being caught on a CCTV within yards of Skripal's home - were entirely innocent. Another Russophobic travesty - obviously. And Navalny being poisoned with Novichok - as discovered by the German medics - the same.

As far as the fate of Dawn Sturgess and boyfriend's concerned I would suggest there's a not too suble difference between rubbing a bit of nerve agent on your wrist, or in Navalny's case having it smeared on your underwear and it being sprayed all over your face, as happened to Kim Jong Un's brother. No?

IIRC, one of the reasons you dismissed Russian involvement in the Salisbury incident out of hand was because the off-duty policeman who attended the scene - and was subsequently rushed to hospital with Novichok poisoning- had a pair of latex gloves on his person. Obviously, clear evidence it was all a scam. I mean, what kind of policeman would have a pair of latex gloves in his pocket?

Like I've said - several times - you will believe absolutely anything, no matter how absurd. You are far too addicted to Conspiracy Theories and in love with your demi-God Dictator for any hope of redemption. Just a prediction but I suspect you're doomed to die a disappointed man.

And "making yourself look silly" is engaging in the sort of off-forum stuff you've specialised in, which has - shooting yourself in the foot - made you look a total Prat, whilst clocking up an "account". I doubt that will stop you trying again though. And ................................I'm the "stupid" one?

Look though, this isn't really about the Skripal incident. I've known you on 3 forums over 15 or so years. In that time you have never once - absolutely ever - admitted you were wrong about anything. Despite the fact over all that time you have been on many occasions. We are all wrong at one time or another and most admit it. In your case though you really do have a psychological problem with the idea. A mixture of arrogance and the fact you have this concept of yourself as being somehow loftily above error. The man who knows more about finance - from Google - than somebody who was one of the top people in a bank with 50 years experience. The man who knows more about flying - from his 30 years ago PPL - than somebody who currently flies commercial jets. Yet, in reality, a meek, mild mannered Clark Kent type. An insignificant nobody, just like most of the rest of us. :wink:

I really wanted to have an amicable forum relationship with you. You've been determined to make that impossible though - methodically. What you want is argument and conflict. So you can prove how important you are. So be it. Suck it up. :wink:

Anyway, shouldn't you be in bed? Ohhh - you are! :D
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:15 pm

Stop feeding the monkey RH. Ignore the cunt. I am sure you are aware of this but he is not.

Short Man Syndrome
Commonly referred to as the Napoleon Complex, is a subject of considerable debate and curiosity in both psychological circles and popular culture. This phenomenon is often characterized by the belief that men of shorter stature may exhibit overly-aggressive or domineering behavior as a compensation for their lack of height.


Talking of Napoleon

French troops will guard Buckingham Palace for the first time in history on Monday. Some 120 years of the Entente Cordiale will be celebrated at the royal residency with the move, which will see 32 soldiers from the Republican Guard of the National Gendarmerie parade with Scots Guards.
King Charles has approved the drill, which is said to celebrate friendly relations between Britain and France. The French are staying and rehearsing at Wellington Barracks, named after the Duke who led British troops against emperor Napoleon Bonaparte at Waterloo in 1815.
Brigadier Justin Maciejewski, of the National Army Museum, said: "Wellington would be raising an eyebrow at this. But it shows our allies change over time and historical enemies can become friends."


Which takes us full circle to janitors. In them days the the palaces in France had no toilets. Can you imagine what the janitors had to suffer.
Last edited by Lordo on Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:35 pm

Lordo wrote:Stop feeding the monkey RH. Ignore the cunt. I am sure you are aware of this but he is not.

Short Man Syndrome
Commonly referred to as the Napoleon Complex, is a subject of considerable debate and curiosity in both psychological circles and popular culture. This phenomenon is often characterized by the belief that men of shorter stature may exhibit overly-aggressive or domineering behavior as a compensation for their lack of height.


Unlike you, I suspect RH doesn't really want to exist in an echo chamber on this forum. I more often than not disagree with the man and - you may have noticed - exchange competitive insults regularly. Nevertheless, I have a certain respect for his efforts, unlike yours. :wink: His earnestly wanting to join your Swinecunt club would be……………

In your case though you seem upset at the responses you get, Obviously I suppose, because they mostly have a tendency to disagree with your views. You seem oblivious to the fact that outside of those responses you are mainly ignored. Moreover, you give the impression that you would be entirely happy if the forum became just your personal Blog, Allowing of course for the occasional post which agrees with you or in your case agrees with others.

Fundamentally, it seems to me you would be quite content if you were the only person left on this so called "forum".

BTW, and I can't understand why it's a factor, you have absolutely no idea how tall I am. I hope though your height isn't a reflection of your spelling capability. Can you hear me down there? :wink:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: La La Land

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:16 am

[quote="Lordo"]Stop feeding the monkey RH. Ignore the cunt. I am sure you are aware of this but he is not.[quote]

I'm not feeding him Lordo ..... just baiting him, knowing full well he has no reply and he proves it every time. :wink:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: La La Land

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:11 am

RAKE said ......
Ahh! Mr angry. In for another shot. Can't get enough -ehh?

Don’t kid yourself! Pissed-off, irritated, exasperated at your arrogance but rarely if ever angry.
Yes - it was Porton Down wot done it! Clearly, they were pissed off with Ex-GRU Colonel Sergei Skripal going around NATO countries lecturing on GRU training and tactics. It makes perfect sense they would try to assassinate him.

Now the sarcasm! Apparently Skripal had just made plans to return to Russia, that is why his daughter came over. The GRU guys flew in on a commercial flight doing all but wave at the CCTV camera’s! So, hardly an undercover operation was it?

But something was certainly going on, as shortly after the Skripals left home ...... which was a considerable time before the GRU guys arrived in Salisbury on the first train of the day from London ..... they disappeared off the RADAR and both mobiles were off-line (batteries removed’)! BTW: What happened to the Skipal’s after they were taken into the custody of MI6 and the UK Deep State operatives? IMO: Both dead ...... murdered by MI6/Secret Service.

Skripals next seen strolling around the Salisbury shopping centre where they chose to go for a meal (around 2pm?) They had their meal .... walked a few yards down the path and collapsed on a park bench. The British Forces top nurse just happened to be on hand, out shopping with her daughter, the daughter ran over to give the Skripals assistance, including mouth-to-mouth resusitation, when the policeman turns up 'with his rubber gloves' to take Skripals keys so he could let himself into the house. WHY? Did anyone find out why he broke all the rules and entered their house on his own and without a warrant?

Although he got a dose (so they say) of Novichock it took him quite some time before he went to the hospital ‘not feeling well’. Funny how none of the medical staff knew about this Novichoc until several hours after they treated the Skripals for a drug overdose. It was only after MI6 and a bevy of Porton Down experts invaded the hospital and shut it down ...... that anybody even knew that this Novichoc existed. Strangely enough, in spite of your assertion that this stuff is far more lethal than VX, none of the staff were even ill ..... let alone died from it.
The 2 GRU guys - a highly decorated Lt Col and a Major - who popped across in early March "to admire the famous spire of Salisbury Cathedral" - except they didn't - although they were clocked doing a recce on Salisbury prior to coming back and being caught on a CCTV within yards of Skripal's home - were entirely innocent. Another Russophobic travesty - obviously. And Navalny being poisoned with Novichok - as discovered by the German medics - the same.


As I said the GRU guys made sure every movement was visible and, although they didn’t actually wave to the cameras, they knew where they were and made sure to look straight at them. It is also know they were on a train back to London when the Skripals suffered their ‘funny turn’ after eating at a restaurant, so how the Skripal ‘Novochoc’poisoning was possible is another one of those mysteries that remained unexplained. The GRU guys were never in the right place at the right time ..... or is that too difficult for you to work out?

Have you not noticed yet that NONE of the victims died of this Novichoc so far?
As far as the fate of Dawn Sturgess and boyfriend's concerned I would suggest there's a not too suble difference between rubbing a bit of nerve agent on your wrist, or in Navalny's case having it smeared on your underwear and it being sprayed all over your face, as happened to Kim Jong Un's brother. No?

But it wasn’t sprayed on Kims brother ...... it was hand applied by two women who apparently suffered no effects from doing it. As for Navalny ....... heres another one who apparently drunk it from a bottle of water from one of the people he was travelling with. He was taken to a RUSSIAN hospital treated for an opiod overdose then discharged and flew to Germany ....... and surprise-surprise he had been ‘Novichocked’ ...... but nobody else on the aircraft was affected in spite of the aircraft having a re-circulating ventilation system! Another strange twist!
IIRC, one of the reasons you dismissed Russian involvement in the Salisbury incident out of hand was because the off-duty policeman who attended the scene - and was subsequently rushed to hospital with Novichok poisoning- had a pair of latex gloves on his person. Obviously, clear evidence it was all a scam. I mean, what kind of policeman would have a pair of latex gloves in his pocket?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses now aren’t you? These days most of them carry gloves!
Like I've said - several times - you will believe absolutely anything, no matter how absurd. You are far too addicted to Conspiracy Theories and in love with your demi-God Dictator for any hope of redemption. Just a prediction but I suspect you're doomed to die a disappointed man.

I can give a reason and an explanation and that is something you can never do because you don’t have an analytical mind, just the opposite in fact, as you have led a life where others make the decisions and you just salute and carry out orders without question! In my job ,,,,, in all but the big financial decisions, I gave the orders.
And "making yourself look silly" is engaging in the sort of off-forum stuff you've specialised in, which has - shooting yourself in the foot - made you look a total Prat, whilst clocking up an "account". I doubt that will stop you trying again though. And ................................I'm the "stupid" one?

This is what I mean about getting pissed off! Let me explain this ‘off-forum’ shit! Some 14 years ago, a poster, we also knew personally, when told we had just found out our 40 yr daughter had been diagnose with terminal melanoma and had less than six months to live ...... decide to expound her advice. I objected to her flippant attitude and her herbal recommendations instead of drugs and told her so. She objected and her husband decided to contact you and get a ‘team’ together to work me over. Now lie your way out of that one!
Look though, this isn't really about the Skripal incident. I've known you on 3 forums over 15 or so years. In that time you have never once - absolutely ever - admitted you were wrong about anything. Despite the fact over all that time you have been on many occasions.

You don’t seem to know how the system works! The idea is that if I say something you disagree with, I don’t have to admit anything ! YOU have to PROVE it ..... and that is something you have never been able to do. I am afraid your bloated, self opinionated and very heavily biased opinions are no reason why I should have to admit to being wrong ..... YOU have to prove it ...... and you never have!
We are all wrong at one time or another and most admit it. In your case though you really do have a psychological problem with the idea. A mixture of arrogance and the fact you have this concept of yourself as being somehow loftily above error. The man who knows more about finance - from Google - than somebody who was one of the top people in a bank with 50 years experience.

Here you go again! The man was NOT in banking, he was in a Building Society that had been taken over by a Bank and he told me he found them very different and was one of the reasons he took retirement. We had a conversation on the creation of money and he agreed with myself, Dr Richard Werner and The Bank of England as to how ‘money’ was created. So once again you distort the facts ..... when all you had to do was to read the BoE report ‘Creation of money in the modern economy’ to find out what i explained and the man you refer to agreed with, was accurate. So once again you shout your mouth off, distort the facts and use your opinion to try and prove I am wrong!
The man who knows more about flying - from his 30 years ago PPL - than somebody who currently flies commercial jets. Yet, in reality, a meek, mild mannered Clark Kent type. An insignificant nobody, just like most of the rest of us.

Part of the PPL training is how to operate in a commercial air space environment. The rules I followed within controlled air space are the same as those that apply to any commercial pilot. But there were things I had to do which ‘.....somebody who currently flies commercial jets’ ...... does not have to do. Like you in your job .... Paphitis was given instructions and he followed them. I had to work out a route (Flight Planning) to ensure I didn’t accidentally run into him or enter controlled/restricted air space and do all the checks on the aircraft. So please don’t try and belittle my achievements! I can actually fly an aeroplane ...... you can’t! I have actually ‘flown’ a Boeing 747, including three take offs and three landing. By day, by night and in adverse weather conditions but ....... like the way most commercial pilots learn ... I also did it in a simulator. The instructor even jokingly offered me a job as I didn’t make any mistakes.
I really wanted to have an amicable forum relationship with you. You've been determined to make that impossible though - methodically. What you want is argument and conflict. So you can prove how important you are. So be it. Suck it up.

It is you that makes it unpleasant because I refuse to give in to your bullying, insults, distortion and lies and your overwhelming desire to be seen as the Forum Top Dog.
Anyway, shouldn't you be in bed? Ohhh - you are!


FYI: I turn in around 9pm to 10pm ....... I rise when the dog decides she wants a pee, usually around 06.00 when I make tea, watch the sun rising over the hills and the sea ...... and listen to BFBS ...... whilst I plan what to do for the day. I never have a hangover, so even at that early hour I am fully functional ........ and fairly mobile with a stick.

This morning I decided to rattle your cage for a bit of light entertainment! Time for another cup of tea now, a stretch out in a lounger and a couple of biscuits ...... with the dog at my side ..... waiting for a biscuit. :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:38 am

Clearly any company who has built up a huge debt in order to survive is to borrow more. Only because they know the government will bail them out. If they banks felt their loans were in danger of not being honoured they would not touch Thames Water with a barge pole. The public here is being screwed left right an centre.

Thames Water spends millions of pounds a week on consultants and bankers as the firm struggles financially


https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/thames-water-spends-millions-of-pounds-a-week-on-consultants-and-bankers-as-the-firm-struggles-financially/ar-BB1leaXv?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=676c368f536746a9954bf3f8640486f7&ei=18
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:12 pm

Robin Hood wrote:RAKE said ...... etc, etc, etc


Well, that's long and all very interesting but despite - really nothing new. In fact, it basically boils down to diversionary obfuscation.

As I said, it isn't about the Skripal incident, I think that was done to death at the time, although, as ever, I find the amazing semantic contortionist stuff you come up with, in order to faithfully deny even the most obvious of the many nefarious activities your demi-god has been behind - some of the best free entertainment available. Do you still cherish and boast about having his mobile number? It seems though, from what I've been able to gather, he adamantly refuses to have one. Security.

It was actually about this:

cyprusgrump wrote:One thing that is completely clear in all my time posting here is that you are unable to admit you are wrong - even when your own posts on the same page contradict each other! :lol:


and the intriguing phenomena of how, in 15 years of posts , despite being wrong on many occasions, you have never once - ever - admitted to being so. :? What sort of mindset is that? Arrogance? Inflated self opinion ("I carefully research everything I post and am never wrong")? I mean, given events, do you really believe that? Absolutely fascinating.

In answer to CG, I provided the most recent example I could recollect (I could have of course come up with a lot more :D ).

Londonrake wrote:Well, there are lots of examples suggesting RH isn't omnipotent. Here's a recent one:

Kim Jong-nam, Brother of the North Korean leader, wasn't assassinated in Kuala Lumpur air terminal by 2 women using Novichok, as RH stated. It was VX.


Simple thing but you see - you were clearly and absolutely water-tight verifiably - wrong. Agreed? Of course not. I could quote many occasions when you've been wrong but not one where you've owned up to it. Why is that? :?

Do you really think you are never wrong? It's OK, I'm not holding my breath on that one. :wink:

As far as anger's concerned. I have to say. You've got to be joking? :lol: You've done some quite extraordinary things over the years which have come down to anger. Moreover, you have always made it clear to me that you're a man who harbours seething resentment. The foundation of the obvious hatred you have of your country, culture and in fact the entire edifice of western civilisation. Perhaps that explains your membership of the Swinecunt club. :?

Despite all of your efforts I suspect you will nevertheless die a disappointed man. Rather than being recruited as a Cypriot snitch for the all-powerful Russian Federation. In which case poor ole me would probably be carted off to a Siberian Arctic Hell-hole.

On a brighter note. I'm pleased to hear your dog's still alive and doing his - early morning - thing. No - really. :)
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:44 pm

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:53 pm

What somebody says about anybody else says more about themselves that who their talking about.

Gary Player, the three-time Masters champion, says he finds it sad that people call his “all-time hero”, Sir Winston Churchill, a racist. He also fears that his own legacy may be viewed differently by generations to come.

Considering this SwineCunt was the product of South Africa in their worst days, why am I not surprised that he thinks like that.
In his 1966 book Grand Slam Golf, written when he was 30, Player wrote: “I must say now, and clearly, that I am of the South Africa of Verwoerd and apartheid”.


https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/golf/gary-player-winston-churchill-does-not-deserve-to-be-labelled-a-racist/ar-BB1lt4Cy?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=1c9fc04217ec47448dcd6184cf5efb4d&ei=22
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests