The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Ukrainian Issue

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 15, 2022 2:01 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Ukraine wins Eurovision Song Contest.

Fixed! :D

Australia was also contending. :roll: Fixed. :D

No doubt Ukraine will win the World Cup also this year in Qatar! :wink: :D


No you can't fix the world cup.

But at the Eurovision, people understandably just voted for Ukraine, whether it was the best song or not. People get emotional when their fellow humans are suffering and with their votes they showed Ukrainian People that they are thinking of them and stand with them in solidarity. And there is nothing wrong with that. I would do the same, Bote for Ukraine ahead of anyone else, even if their song was the worst one, hoping that this little ray of sunshine will bring some smiles on Ukrainian faces.

I didn't watch it.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 31021
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 15, 2022 2:02 pm

DT. wrote:Gotta give it to these Russians…this thing has been a resounding success for them from day one. Now that these military capabilities they’ve been showboating so long have now been tested on live tv you kinda get the feeling that NATO is breathing a little easier these days. Ukraine’s been a free test drive for the west.

Makes you wonder if they ever did push a button for nukes whether their missile silo would just let out a ppfffffftttt and the screws would fall off.


Yeh NATO will be breathing real easy right now.

Ukraine Military was not as well armed as Greece or Turkey. So with what we have seen so far from Russia, Greece is more than enough of a match for the Russian military on its own... :shock:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 31021
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby CrookedRiverGuy » Sun May 15, 2022 2:40 pm

Amazing, Putler!

Putlerprize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
CrookedRiverGuy
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Kikapu » Sun May 15, 2022 4:13 pm

DT. wrote:Gotta give it to these Russians…this thing has been a resounding success for them from day one. Now that these military capabilities they’ve been showboating so long have now been tested on live tv you kinda get the feeling that NATO is breathing a little easier these days. Ukraine’s been a free test drive for the west.

Makes you wonder if they ever did push a button for nukes whether their missile silo would just let out a ppfffffftttt and the screws would fall off.


You will find that both NATO and Russia are learning a great deal from each other’s military capabilities and no information is too small or insignificant. Russia is giving up old technology information to NATO and in return, gathering lots of new technology information from NATO, especially all the new weaponry sent to Ukraine and then some falling into the hands of the Russians, the “free drive test” is working both ways. I doubt the west has learned anything new which they did not know before, but for the Russians, they have hit the jackpot in Ukraine and without going to war with NATO directly, but just with NATO’s advanced weapons. The more weapons the west sends to Ukraine, that much less weapons they will have to send anywhere else in the near future should it be needed.:wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17301
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Kikapu » Sun May 15, 2022 4:22 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Ukraine wins Eurovision Song Contest.

Fixed! :D

Australia was also contending. :roll: Fixed. :D

No doubt Ukraine will win the World Cup also this year in Qatar! :wink: :D


No you can't fix the world cup.

But at the Eurovision, people understandably just voted for Ukraine, whether it was the best song or not. People get emotional when their fellow humans are suffering and with their votes they showed Ukrainian People that they are thinking of them and stand with them in solidarity. And there is nothing wrong with that. I would do the same, Bote for Ukraine ahead of anyone else, even if their song was the worst one, hoping that this little ray of sunshine will bring some smiles on Ukrainian faces.

I didn't watch it.


Oh come on Paphitis, for Zelensky everything is possible as foreign leaders and politicians are tripping all over themselves to do a photo-op with him. All Zelensky has to say is, “that World Cup trophy would look great in my office, so how about it guys” and his wish would be granted. :D

By the way Paphitis, have you had the opportunity to make the “cardiac approach” in San Diego yet? :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17301
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun May 15, 2022 5:31 pm

...(imho) the war criminal speaks.



...he has mellowed with age, and from his experience, perhaps.

His insights in that regard are worth considering.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12048
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Londonrake » Sun May 15, 2022 6:44 pm

Kikapu wrote:You will find that both NATO and Russia are learning a great deal from each other’s military capabilities and no information is too small or insignificant. Russia is giving up old technology information to NATO and in return, gathering lots of new technology information from NATO, especially all the new weaponry sent to Ukraine and then some falling into the hands of the Russians, the “free drive test” is working both ways. I doubt the west has learned anything new which they did not know before, but for the Russians, they have hit the jackpot in Ukraine and without going to war with NATO directly, but just with NATO’s advanced weapons. The more weapons the west sends to Ukraine, that much less weapons they will have to send anywhere else in the near future should it be needed.:wink:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're literally making it up as you go along. :wink:

And, if you really think Russia has "hit the jackpot in Ukraine," you can add self delusion.

Day 81 of the invasion, which has proven to be a humiliating experience for the Russian military and a salutary lesson to the rest of the world in their ineptness.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Kikapu » Sun May 15, 2022 7:27 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:You will find that both NATO and Russia are learning a great deal from each other’s military capabilities and no information is too small or insignificant. Russia is giving up old technology information to NATO and in return, gathering lots of new technology information from NATO, especially all the new weaponry sent to Ukraine and then some falling into the hands of the Russians, the “free drive test” is working both ways. I doubt the west has learned anything new which they did not know before, but for the Russians, they have hit the jackpot in Ukraine and without going to war with NATO directly, but just with NATO’s advanced weapons. The more weapons the west sends to Ukraine, that much less weapons they will have to send anywhere else in the near future should it be needed.:wink:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're literally making it up as you go along. :wink:

And, if you really think Russia has "hit the jackpot in Ukraine," you can add self delusion.

Day 81 of the invasion, which has proven to be a humiliating experience for the Russian military and a salutary lesson to the rest of the world in their ineptness.


What you say may well be as the war continues, but you cannot deny the fact that Russia is collecting some of the modern unused weapons sent from the west to Ukraine. Where on earth would Russia have had the opportunity to collect such weapons from the west’s arsenal if not in Ukraine where thousands and thousands of high tech weapons are sent? If you know, then please tell us. :roll: :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17301
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun May 15, 2022 8:01 pm

User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12048
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Ukrainian Issue

Postby Lordo » Sun May 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Its like saying to somebody don't drink that liquid in the bottle, it is unhealthy and the idiot goes for the bottle and drinks it.

I mean it is not rocket science. If you join my enemy you become my enemy. How hard can it be.

Since 1939 There has been no trouble between Finland and Russia. In reality till Ukraine uttered those four letters they were in the same situation.

There is an old saying. - Her guzzu gendi bacagindan asilir - Every lamb hangs by its own leg
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17714
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests